The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Free-to-play Ridge Racer Driftopia for PlayStation 3 and PC

Discussion in 'Sport and Motorsport' started by Martok, 12 Apr 2013.

1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Ridge Racer Unbounded developer Bugbear Entertainment is working on a new instalment in Namco Bandai's iconic racing series. It's called Ridge Racer Driftopia, it's downloadable, it's free-to-play and it's due on PC and PS3 later this year.

Driftopia will ask you to pay, via micro-transactions, for a number of things, such as vehicle packs, booster packs, repair kits and XP boosts.

It's unclear what exactly the free core game will contain, but the footage below suggests it's set in Unbounded's Shatter City.

"At Namco Bandai Games we are committed to embracing new business models alongside the still vital traditional retail sector," Namco Bandai Europe exec Olivier Comte said. "Free-to-play is playing an increasingly important role, so it's very exciting to be bringing one of our most successful franchises to the free-to-play space for everyone to enjoy."

Bugbear's main project is still the untitled Next Car Game, which is in development for PC and next-gen consoles. Early footage suggests that this game will return to Bugbear's roots - the early days of FlatOut.

Source: Eurogamer

2. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Well as long as they keep making titles that I`m not interested in free to play then I will be content.

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ridge Racer is old hat now. The Forzas and Need For Speeds and the Burnouts have seen to that.

Still, if its for free then it could be worth looking at, if for no other reason than its a game that every Senior owns..

Martok likes this.
  4. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    well not every :D

5. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    I really enjoyed Unbounded, it's a shame it didn't take off.

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    It's free, it looks fun and I quite like a bit of arcadey racing (really miss burnout) so will be grabbing this and seeing what it's like.

Might as well embrace the free 2 play games since micropayments are being forced on us anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice