• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Free-to-play MMO Neverwinter is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The popular Dungeons & Dragons role-player makes its console debut

We’re proud to announce that Neverwinter is coming to PlayStation 4 in summer 2016! Almost three years after our initial launch on PC, millions of adventurers have travelled along the Sword Coast to slay the mightiest of foes and to form the most courageous of parties. We can’t wait to welcome in a new group of adventurers to Neverwinter and eagerly await their arrival. Here’s your first glimpse of the adventures you can look forward to!

Neverwinter is a free-to-play MMORPG that transports players into the Forgotten Realms, where they will explore a fully realized experience based on the Dungeons & Dragons franchise. When Neverwinter arrives on PlayStation 4, it will feature all existing content from the base game, including eight playable classes and nine expansions worth of content, giving you hundreds of quests to play through.

Fight against the likes of Tiamat, Demogorgon, Orcus, Valindra and many more sinister enemies from Dungeons & Dragons lore. Adventurers will also travel through iconic locations such as Icewind Dale and the Underdark while teaming up with characters straight from the novels of acclaimed author R.A. Salvatore, including Drizzt Do’Urden.

We are also happy to announce that Neverwinter on PlayStation 4 will be free-to-play for all PlayStation 4 owners as you will not require PlayStation Plus to dive into this full-fledged MMORPG experience.

Are you ready to defend the realms? What class are you planning to play? We look forward to seeing you all in the city of Neverwinter later this year.

Stay tuned for more information by following us on Twitter, liking us onFacebook and subscribing to our YouTube channel.

Source: Free-to-play MMO Neverwinter is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I played this game on the PC and it really is a great game the microtransactions are expensive but you don't need them to enjoy the game

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've got this downloading at the moment. I see a few people on my friends list playing it and my RL friend in Canada asked me if I was going to play it as it's the type of game he likes.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had a little go tonight, Think I'll be sticking with ESO.
When signing up, it said that my email address had already been registered, due to Star Trek online
The username I'd chosen was 'Rocky Hardwood' :D

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this at the moment, like all games at the moment they have double XP and rewards weekends along with plenty of hourly, daily and weekly events.

The UI can be a tad buggy especially actions using the 'X' button unless its just my controller playing up again. Sometimes you find yourself inviting people to join your group whilst trying to pick up items. The menu navigation needs a tad more work but overall its a good port from the PC version.

The Wiki is a handy source of information Official Neverwinter Wiki

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Seems like a cut down Kingdoms of Amalur with about the same level of ps3 graphics. Shame that flopped, the MMORPG would have been immense.

Harmless enough though after having played it for most of Sunday, I can see the microtransaction bite already to open certain chests & pickups. The additional character class purchases are ridiculously priced too.

Happy enough to give it a whirl with a few others though.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The UI can be a tad buggy especially actions using the 'X' button unless its just my controller playing up again. Sometimes you find yourself inviting people to join your group whilst trying to pick up items. The menu navigation needs a tad more work but overall its a good port from the PC version.

The Wiki is a handy source of information Official Neverwinter Wiki
Tis just daft mapping, I had the same happen without realising initially.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is also a login bug which occurs at random, before you log off if you can go to the Protector's Enclave. I sat there for several minutes watching a none moving loading screen on Saturday, ended up having to create a second character and then used the switch characters option before I could use my cleric.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's the crack with all the crap creating a character? What sort of eyebrows do I want ffs can't see them on the character when playing so does it matter.
Took more time to make a character than the time it stayed on the PS4 hard drive.

Did I mention that I didn't like it?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's the crack with all the crap creating a character? What sort of eyebrows do I want ffs can't see them on the character when playing so does it matter.
Took more time to make a character than the time it stayed on the PS4 hard drive.

Did I mention that I didn't like it?
Mwahahaha :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just finished the tutorial. Thumbs up from me, I enjoyed it. I've chosen to be a Drow and Trickster Rogue.
Do we have a guild at all?

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a sexy cleric elf and a great numb skull weapon fighter

Do we have a guild at all?
Guild setup requires us to form a team of at least level 15 first, you can't create it as a single person

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm a sexy cleric elf and a great numb skull weapon fighter

Guild setup requires us to form a team of at least level 15 first, you can't create it as a single person
So we all need to get to level 15 to join?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm level 19 at the moment (stupidly ventured into a level 20 area & promptly had my arse handed to me) so could set this up tonight if you would like? It is a little bit "one more mission" as they're quite short, which I like, though I've exhausted those within my level now so may have to attempt a dungeon or orc raid to level up a bit more.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just hit level 30 last night (trickster rogue)
Which unlocked paragon powers to allow you to make your character more unique than others in your class.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Trickster rogues seem to be very en vogue on this forum!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I think I have a bit of catching up to do as I'm sure I only got to level 5 the other day...........
You'll whizz up to level 15 pretty quickly just running through the story / tutorial levels.