• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Free To Play Better Then AAA Titles

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It might just be me but the likes of Warframe and Blacklight which are free to play seem better then the likes of BF4 (In its current state) and Killzone. I know they are totally different games but I enjoy playing them more then the current AAA games I own. Warthunder is also great fun but I find it much harder than the PC version and feel you have to pay to get far in the game.

I can't wait for Planetside 2 as if it's anything like the PC version we are all in for a treat.

I'm one of the people who complained about free to play as most are pay to win. But the devs need to make there cash from somewhere. I hope we get more great titles which are free to play, I will just be disappointed if the majority turn out to be pay to win as an easy going game like some I play I don't mind throwing a little cash at.

Any of you played any Free 2 play games and spent actual money on them, if so which ones?

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The bar of acceptibility is lower for FTP games, I thought Blacklight was pants very last gen and I dont play it now. War thunder is good, but after a while you realise its the same thing over and over again and you cant progress to new planes very quickly which makes it a drag.

I play warframe a lot, and I enjoy it, for a free game it has a lot going on but again the levels are pretty samey but it does have enough to keep you coming back. I have bought a little bit of platinum now on warframe, I figured that since I have played it so much I ought to give the developers something back, but you can do everything you need to by play alone. I have spent far less (<£10) on this game than I have on other games and I would agree bang for buck it punches above it weight.

The things going for the FTP games so far released is that structurally they are far simpler than the AAA blockbusters, they dont have the potential for problems that afflict say BF or Killzone.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I play(ed War Thunder and yes it is repetative, but if you develop a bomber then you open a new map. It is an ok game but now taken a backseat to DC Universe and (drumroll) Warframe.

Warframe is the sort of game that, because I enjoy, I wonldn't mind spending the odd coin on it. But haven't yet.
It's sort of the same but different enough.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@yinkin yeah I agree about the fact they are simple makes them less prone to problems, but 7 months down the line and BF4 is a broken mess and KZ doesn't feel like Kill zone.

@Sportsvee yeah I feel the same it's easy going and 4 player coop is awesome ;)

@Slaine can't wait for H1Z1 which is built on the Planet side engine.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have DC Universe downloaded and will give it a try this weekend. Quite looking forward to it.:)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was disappointed in it but maybe due to the lack of friends playing it

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was disappointed in it but maybe due to the lack of friends playing it
Yeah, would be nice with friends, but I played it alone and just plodded along in the missions. A lot of backwards and forwards compared to Warframe though. So I don't see it having a long shelf life.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I cant get warframe to run bloody thing keeps crashing, never had this trouble on the PS3 *moan moan grumble grumble *

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS4, After selecting a mission from the starmap thing it starts to load it, gets about halfway then goes to a blue screen error page.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS4, After selecting a mission from the starmap thing it starts to load it, gets about halfway then goes to a blue screen error page.
Since when did you have a PS4?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
no cause apparently its got more bugs than a tramps underwear.
So totally untrue, who has been telling you all this nonsense?
What games you got then, and so you still have your PS3?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only stuff thwt you can get for free at the min (im not tight really :D) There isnt really anything im interested in yet, watchdogs will probably be the first thing I get at the end of may. Yeah still have the PS3, undecided what to do with it though.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Only stuff thwt you can get for free at the min (im not tight really :D) There isnt really anything im interested in yet, watchdogs will probably be the first thing I get at the end of may. Yeah still have the PS3, undecided what to do with it though.
I'd keep your PS3, it's still got plenty of life in it and there's still 'free' PS Plus games every month. @HaloJ and I have kept both of ours.

Hope to see you on Warframe soon once you've sorted out the download issues. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Keep it!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got warframe working, Once I had set the primary console option everything was fine. It wasnt letting me join or host a chat thingy either until I did that.