• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Free-to-play action strategy game Battle Islands marches on PS4

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Everything you need to know about DR Studio’s colourful combat sim

Hi, my name is Rory Jackson. I’m the Studio Head at DR Studios in the UK, the developers of free-to-play strategy combat game Battle Islands, which is launching on PS4 tomorrow, 29th October!

Battle Islands is set in the South Pacific in 1942. A platoon of soldiers land on a tropical island and your task is to defeat enemy forces, build a garrison to defend your island, and go out guns blazing to attack other islands with the huge array of air, sea and land forces you have at your disposal – tanks, jeeps, gunboats and fighter planes to name but a few!

We’re absolutely delighted to bring our game to PS4 – it’s a major achievement for us, and the culmination of a huge amount of work and effort from everyone here.

Battle Islands started life as a game on mobile devices, where it’s been really popular. However, it’s really important to stress it isn’t simply a mobile game, as our PS4 launch clearly shows.

We’ve rebuilt it from the ground up to make sure it’s up to scratch for a ‘next gen’ console like the PS4. We’ve built brand new higher resolution assets that we believe look stunning, and built a completely new user interface that really capitalises on the PS4 controller.

We hope you love the WW2 theme – we strive to keep the game authentic to the era, and you can often find us in development meetings debating about whether a certain tank was used in that era, and in that field of battle!

One final thing I wanted you to know is we have lots of great new stuff already in the pipeline that will be coming to the game in future months, so keep an eye out for the regular updates.

All that’s left to say is we really hope you enjoy our game, and it’s time for you to head out in to battle, soldier!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just want to see the pay for section, if it's a pay to win game I won't be getting it.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Please, not one more of these games!!! Develop, wait, attack, reinforce, develop, wait, attack, reinforce, wait... It's okay to play on your mobile while you are taking a dump, but on your PS4 and 40" television. Don't think so!!!

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:lol: maybe this one will be different (Probably not though)

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:lol: maybe this one will be different (Probably not though)
Yeah, this one gonna change the genre, like Luther and Calvin changed christianity. Or even better, it could create a complete new genre like Columbus and Da Gama created the foundation for modern tourism! :grandpa:

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have started playing this, and as it is not bad for a f2p game, I have got to agree with @Bogus4Real, its a mobile game and it plays better on the go.