• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Vita Football Manager Classic

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
FMC 2014 for PS Vita is the first game in the series' long and successful history to allow cross-platform compatibility away from home computers, meaning that fans who own both FM 2014 (and play Classic mode) for PC, Mac or Linux and FMC 2014 for PS Vita will be able to carry on a single continuous game, whether they're at home using their computer or out and about with their PlayStation Vita (or vice versa).

In addition, FMC 2014 for PS Vita will also be the first ever handheld game to feature FM's acclaimed 3D Match Engine, adding an extra layer of realism and immersion that's been unavailable in previous Football Manager games for handheld devices, alongside a pretty much identical feature set to Football Manager Classic on home computers.

The game as had a few mixed reviews but it’s actually pretty good and can only get better.

The Good

· It’s Football manager on a Vita and it’s not the crap known as Football Manager Handheld.

· It’s also very addictive I’m currently on my third season

· More in Depth than FMH

The Bad

· The game does run slow but to be honest I was expecting that

· Creating Tactics can be a pain in the backside

· It’s really addictive

The Ugly

· To get the best from the game on Vita you really need to use a stylus pen

· It crashes every now and then so I lost my 7 – 1 victory over Southampton

· Saving the Game a lot is a must

I'll probably had more to these later once i've had a cup of coffee and woke. I'm loving it

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm very interested in this. It's absolutely on my wish list!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of people complaining that it’s not as fast as the PC version or the Handheld version, but I am loving it

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I used to love Speedball 2
They should actually just release a Bitmap Brothers Redux in HD - Xenon 2, Chaos Engine & Speedball. THAT would be awesome.

Apologies for hijacking your thread @farfromsane - Sensible Soccer would be great, along with Cannon Fodder!

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
They should actually just release a Bitmap Brothers Redux in HD - Xenon 2, Chaos Engine & Speedball. THAT would be awesome.

Apologies for hijacking your thread @farfromsane - Sensible Soccer would be great, along with Cannon Fodder!

Feel free.

Sensible World of Soccer, Speeball II, Chaos Engine and Cannon Fodder should definitely be on the vita

Oh and Football is not ugly it used to be but now Liverpool of the league football is great again

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I used to love Speedball II. Awesome game!

Oh and Football is not ugly it used to be but now Liverpool of the league football is great again
Football has always been great, but I agree entirely about Liverpool being top of the league. The dream is alive! :D

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I used to love Speedball II. Awesome game!

Football has always been great, but I agree entirely about Liverpool being top of the league. The dream is alive! :D

Football is only good when Liverpool are doing well. The dream is alive but i'm 100% nervous about the last 3 games

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Football is only good when Liverpool are doing well. The dream is alive but i'm 100% nervous about the last 3 games
Mr Plax supports Liverpool and forced me to go to Anfield with him once. Anyway, I just spent the last 4 days slumming it in Mid Wales, Bothy cycling. You know, no running water, no electricity, toilet a mile away from the building and wooden platforms for beds. Only mice for visitors etc. Anyway, one of the entries in the visitor book for Nant Rhys bothy is attached. I photographed it especially.

Attachments

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Football is shit, only thing worse than football is fishing, or maybe running, or even cycling.
Yes I agree. Cycling is shit, I don't know why I bother. Nearly killed myself twice yesterday. Well, technically a squirrel nearly killed me once and a surprise hairpin bend with a funny camber in the wet nearly killed me the other time. I envy those with disc brakes.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I envy those with disc brakes.
That'll be me then. Shame only the front one works and the gears don't!

That said it depends on HOW you cycle @mick - I live in Edinburgh, fulls of cobbles potholes & now tram lines. Riding a racer is crazy & also, you look like a plonker all hunched over like that. I'm very much a mountain bike person. Handles the streets & me falling off it after a few too many!

If I do do a longer than say 10 mile cycle (is quicker than driving across Edinburgh!) it is usually with a nice cold beer at the end & either crashing over or train back. :)

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I used to cycle about 60 miles a day in my late teens/early twenties and did so every day for about a yeah and a half (mainly down to me not havin a driving license) then I changed jobs and didnt bother anymore. I use to really enjoy it but now its just too much trouble when there is a car sat outside the house, and im just tooooo lazy.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I used to cycle about 60 miles a day in my late teens/early twenties and did so every day for about a yeah and a half (mainly down to me not havin a driving license) then I changed jobs and didnt bother anymore. I use to really enjoy it but now its just too much trouble when there is a car sat outside the house, and im just tooooo lazy.
I didn't get into cycling until I was about 27, and I was like a proper cycling nutter for a few years. I've gone from around 3,000 miles a year to last year only cycling 262 miles. The year before that I managed 258 miles. I've managed to cycle just over 100 so far this year, and that's only because I tried and failed to wangle out of this Bothy cycling shizz. I have 3 bikes gathering dust. Well my touring bike is currently covered in mud and cow shit. I cycled back from the garage this morning using that so I shall cycle to collect my car later on my road bike now that I have put air in the tyres.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been doing around 7.5 miles a day (commuting) for past year or so, between that & the alcoholism, it's done wonders for the waistline! Currently walking it instead, got it down to 40 minutes each way.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do twenty miles on an exercise bike. does that count?

I'm just to good for FMC i keep winning the league. I'll have to try lower league management maybe take Hartlepool all the way to the premier league.

Northlander

Reaction score
Put it this way, I'm certainly not a Football fan what so ever, yet I love this game! It was even a day 1 purchase for me! (I do play FMH on my phone too!)

I think I do enjoy the 'sport' of Football, just not the 'circus' that surrounds it these days....I guess I'm a sucker for strategy and stats, love the planning and buying and selling mechanic as much as trying to beat an opponent with my own tactics, other than that I don't have any affinity to any Football clubs, so it's all about League 2 Football for me, couldn't give two hoots about the Premier League!