• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Flawless Raider Guide

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just found a guide on reddit for the Flawless Raider trophy. While it will be very dificult, I imagine that this will be something that some people want to try at some point in the future.

The Team:

Bubblebros are OP for this, since their bubble shield with blessings of light is a perfect “OH SHIT” button any time you get into the red zone. Sunbros, sorry but your self-revive is useless and Radiant Skin probably won’t save you in a pinch, flame shield is pretty awesome however. Still, Voidwalker would probably be the best except for cheesing Templar. Gunslingers are okay, their lack of a defensive super is somewhat compensated by how awesome Golden Guns are at taking down Praetorians, Supplicants and Oracles in clutch situations.

You should be level 29 at least, and with as much defense as possible. The difference between a 30 with 1463 defense and a 29 with 1440 defense is neglible, and contrary to popular belief you will do the same damage at 29 as you do at 30 since these are level 28 mobs max.

The Loadout:

I always run the highest Armor build I can spec into with my class. The weapons of choice for this are:

VoC/FB primary: Both weapons are good at killing trash, the Fatebringer is especially good at Confluxes and VoC is especially good at Gatekeeper and Atheon.

Praedyth’s Revenge/Ice Breaker: IB is really strong, it destroys Atheon and Gatekeepers, and is good for prolonged sniping at Confluxes and Oracles. However Praedyth’s handles really well and if you don’t need to snipe so much that you’ll run out of ammo I prefer it above the Ice Breaker.

Corrective Measure/Gjallarhorn: Corrective Measure is the real MVP, it destroys Praetorians and Minotaurs, and allows you to solo all the Oracles at Atheon. The Gjallarhorn is even more devastating to Praetorians, but it’s risky because you can blow yourself up, and also doesn’t allow you to carry the Ice Breaker. However it can also clear large crowds of hobgoblins at Confluxes, and at the sync plates during Gatekeepers, so it can be really useful in the right hands. If Atheon bugs out and doesn’t teleport anyone, Gjallarhorn does mad DPS even without Time’s Vengeance.

The Spire Forms:

This part you can do the same as any other raid, even if you mess up here it’s no big deal. Just have two players at each sync plate, with the two on the middle assisting one of the sides each. Gjallarhorn is pretty good against these Praetorians, just be careful with people stepping in front of you, generally during the raid it’s a good idea to jump in the air before shooting as it greatly diminishes the chance that you’ll blow yourself up.

The Way to the Confluxes:

Don’t get too cocky just because the jumps are all easy on this part. Stay focused but don’t stress about it.

Defend the Confluxes:

Leave one guy at the spawning spot to snipe the middle, it’ll be one less guy that can die plus it’s useful for getting the Hobgoblins and the Oracles later on, this guy should have the Ice Breaker for sure. You can also cheese the legions by going to the Spirit Bloom chest room when the confluxes despawn, and a ledge on the right towards the back of the arena. Defending the confluxes themselves shouldn’t be too big of an issue, just be careful about Fanatics creeping up on you (on the left side, be sure to watch the hallway with the ramp, Fanatics like to creep out behind you from there while you shoot the mobs at the stairs). Don’t use rockets here as there are a lot of obstacles and the Minotaurs are pretty weak, Corrective Measure wrecks them.

The Oracles:

This might be a hard fight since everyone cheeses it nowadays. Put two people in the right, two on the left, and put your last guy on the left but to the back. The guy that stayed up is responsible for the calling out any Oracles that might be missed, and calling out Hobgoblin spawns and killing them. It’s good if you know where the Oracles are going to spawn (check the spawning order here (http://imgur.com/a/Sx9wj)), but it’s not absolutely required.

The Templar:

Cheese him as usual. If you want to be extra safe, have a bubblebro pop Blessings of Light between your cleansing corner and the Templar, that way throwing grenades is super safe.

The Gorgon’s Labyrinth:

Do not mistake this for a regular Normal Mode run. The patrols WILL be ****ed up since you’re not starting from a wipe, so your strategy of “running straight through” is going to fail 4 out of 5 times since the patrols won’t match up. There are 4 Gorgons that are relevant to completing this successfully, I’ve drawn a rough sketch of the patrols here:

http://imgur.com/5uDx2J2

The first two patrols you encounter are the one that gets close to the spawning place and then goes around to the right side of the maze (this is the one you’d follow in a normal run if you were using the “running straight through” strategy, Gorgon 1 in the sketch), and the one that circles around the big rock everyone needs to climb on (Gorgon 2). The patrols here can overlap in ways you don’t normally see, so follow the first Gorgon, but before you go towards the rock, look to the left of the rock to see if Gorgon 2 is coming, if he is you usually have enough time to let him pass by and get on the rock, if you don’t see him at all you can also go ahead and get on the rock (don’t double jump onto it, use the little ramp on the right side and single jumps, only use double jump in an emergency and be aware that one of the Gorgon’s might be on alert). In rare cases you might see him very far way, just turning the corner towards the left passage, in that case just back off completely to the spawn place and wait for the first Gorgon to make another round.

Now that your whole team is on the rock, you have to patiently wait until the patrol of the three Gorgon’s (2, 3 and 4) line up so that you can safely make it past. That’s generally when Gorgon 2 is towards the back-left on the rock, Gorgon 3 is going into the left passage in front of you, and Gorgon 4 just turned the corner out of view from the rock (I’ve marked the approximate locations on the sketch with stars, but use your own judgment). Fall off the rock (do not double jump) and walk calmly towards the exit, you might see Gorgon 4 patrolling ahead of you but as long as you don’t sprint, jump or get really close he won’t turn around.

The Jumping Puzzle:

I found a little video (
) of a strategy that works with all three classes, every single time. Please use this strategy as the other methods can sometimes randomly “bounce” you off walls (it’s hard to describe, but that’s exactly what it feels like, and I got too many people crying). Pay special attention at the jump he makes at 0:32, you have to jump all the way to the other side, do not stop into the little indent in the middle, that’s one of the places where you get bounced off!

If you feel more confident about getting to the ledges some other way that’s fine too, just make sure to make the jump at 0:32 the same way as in the video and avoid a lot of heartbreak. Yes even people who swear they never fail always die at that part because they don’t jump all the way around.

The Gatekeeper:

Send two or three people inside the left portal first, then one guy and the guy with the relic to the right portal. Also remember to send a guy to defend the conflux in the middle. Corrective Measure is your friend here, use Gjallarhorn only if you are extremely confident that you won’t rocket yourself in the face. Avoid fighting to the death if a Praetorian is taking over the sync plate, always prioritize your own life and deal with the Oracle spawning on top of the gate later. A well-put Titan Bubble with Helm of Saint-14 at the close enemy spawn at the right sync plate is very useful. After you all make it to the middle it should be easy, if you’re a relic guy play conservatively and don’t try to keep smashing if your health dips into the red: your teammates can take over and you have four sacrifices to work with, no use risking your life.

Atheon, Time's Conflux:

Atheon has been, in over 20 times I’ve gotten to him for the Flawless Raider trophy, glitched, every single time. Either he teleports one person, or he teleports nobody. It sucks but you will have to deal with it. I’ve laid out my strategies for each scenario:

One person teleported:

You should start with 3 people on each sync plate, just in case he somehow teleports two people (hasn’t happened for me yet, but it might be a possibility). That way you’ll always have someone opening the correct portal right away. If one dude gets teleported, send at least three people into the portal as soon as it opens just to be safe. Corrective Measure is your friend here, it obliterates Oracles and the Praetorian too.

The guy that got teleported should remain calm, and not try to fight the mobs. Yes I know it’s possible to kill the mobs with no help especially on normal, but I’ve had teammates get triple sniped, not worth it. Instead, drop the relic with Triangle or Y, shoot the first Oracle, grab the Relic again, etc. until you kill at least the first Oracle, this will give your team some breathing room. As soon as they are inside help out with killing the mobs, and stay close to the portal after the mobs are dead.

IMPORTANT: If you somehow succumb to the Oracles, you have a small window to get the hell out of the portal, make a mad dash towards it. If the whole team gets out in time, you won’t get Time’s Vengeance but you won’t die either. Also call out when you’re almost ready to get out of the portal so the people outside can tell you if it’s not safe to come out due to supplicants, you don’t want to get blown up as you’re coming out of the gate.

Now you can choose between going to the middle platform and going to the back of the room. If you choose middle platform you have to be a God with the relic and know the exact spot to stand so you don’t get splash damage, and you trust the team to be able to get out safely. If you choose the back of the room, be aware that Supplicants can and do go there, and have a designated Supplicant killer (preferably a Hunter with Golden Gun). It also helps to drop a relic super on any harpies that might already be at the back, but only do this if you got out of the portal in a timely manner. Be aware that Atheon moves a ton if you put the relic shield at the back. In both cases try to put down Weapons of Light, if you're in the back of the room put it on the stairs towards the back on the side that your team is coming out of.

Second teleport he will still only teleport one person, so again be sure to have people on both sync plates so you can go in in a timely manner.

No one gets teleported:

Be aware that even if he teleports no one 6 times in a row, there is always a chance he will teleport someone anyway, so always be ready for that.

Atheon can definitely be killed without Time’s Vengeance, in fact that’s how I ended up doing it. Have two people on each sync plate again, and two people in the back. The two people in the back DPS constantly and keep an eye out for when the harpies are spawning and where they are going. The people on the sync plates should take out their sides harpies, DPS Atheon for a bit, then when harpies spawn on their side focus on that again. Stay off the ground (if you’re at the sync plate) and always be aware of your surroundings, periodically go out of ADS and look at your radar. With call-outs on where the harpies are going nobody should be caught off guard. If the two people in the back have Gjallarhorns it’s awesome to spam them on Atheon.

When Atheon drops don’t jump towards him or move a muscle, just wait calmly for the trophy to pop, you can still ruin it by falling off after Atheon dies.

Congratulations! You are a Flawless Raider.
Source.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having done the raid last night on hard I can tell you for a fact that the damage output of a level 29 compared to a level 30 is entirely different, unlike what this article says.

With my maxed out Ice Breaker at 29, using weapons of light I was hitting Atheon for 11,700 damage per shot on his crit hit spot compared to 17,000 damage that the level 30's were doing.

Not what i'd call negligible.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having done the raid last night on hard I can tell you for a fact that the damage output of a level 29 compared to a level 30 is entirely different, unlike what this article says.

With my maxed out Ice Breaker at 29, using weapons of light I was hitting Atheon for 11,700 damage per shot on his crit hit spot compared to 17,000 damage that the level 30's were doing.

Not what i'd call negligible.
The only difference being we were on a lvl30 raid, and the guide here is for a lvl26 raid.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do want to get this trophy, sorry I mean WE WILL get this trophy.......
Maybe...
Eventually....
Possibly....
When we're all Lvl 32 I say come back and try it.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When we're all Lvl 32 I say come back and try it.
That's the same as us being 28 or higher isn't it?

The scaling on this game means you stop gaining additional damage after a certain level above the enemies, it's either 2 or 3 levels.

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fudge, guess we may as well try now then.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's gonna take a few more runs before we'll be ready for that, especially now that the Templar section has to be done properly.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't care....I've accepted i'm not going to get this trophy and i'm not bothered since the Platinum isn't possible without playing PvP.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't care....I've accepted i'm not going to get this trophy and i'm not bothered since the Platinum isn't possible without playing PvP.
I care. I only need a handful of trophies for the platinum now - get 50 ghosts, fully upgrade a hunters abilities, complete a raid on hard and complete a raid with no one dying. Arses.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've found another guide for the Flawless Raider trophy, this time with the Crota's End raid. It is all based on doing it quickly before the raid is patched.

Hello guardians,

yesterday my mates and me managed to join the very few of us with the flawless raider achievement.

At first I tried to solo it with my Hunter after seeing the Titans video. Shortly after a fellow Warlock showed us the extra cheesy way which is why I brought two friends with me and had several good attempts with only 1 sword missing (one run got screwed up by 3 randoms who just joined at the very end...at 4am! -.-)

Finally we managed to get this trophy done with 4 people and I want to share our strategy since there was nearly NO POINT, where one of us could die.

At first, why CE and not VoG like most people are trying?

The CE raid is very simple at the moment and you should use the chance as long as nothing is patched. One CE attempt took us 30 minutes. The only hard part is the Crota fight. VoG takes much longer since you have parts like spire forming, confluxes and oracles. The stressful gorgon maze and jumping puzzle and after that the actual fight: gatekeeper and buggy Atheon. These are too many possibilities for someone to mess up. Go for CE!

And here's how:

Team Roster:
  • someone, who feels comfortable with the relic

• Hunter with stealth

• Voidwalker Warlock (any high damage super will be fine)

• Defender Titan
General tips:
  • be Level 32. At least the Relicholder should be at that Level for maximum damage output. We had three 32s and one 31

• have at least one Gjallarhorn for easy and fast shield breaking (or a Sunsinger who is familiar with soloing Crota)

• have good snipers

• CLOSE your fireteam so no dbags can join!!

• since I don't know anything about Xbox controls, this is for sword attack clarification: Slash is the light swing attack, Smash the heavy ground slamming one.
PART 1 | Lamps

Easiest way is to just let one hunter stealth through it. This part takes about 5 minutes. Skip lamps by using the explosion. Use the tiny rock at the bridge, so you just need to care for the ogre.

TIPS: Leave space between each other when you drop down, so you don't knock each other of your falling path. Furthermore there seems to be a bug, where it says, that one guardian died at teleporting to the second phase. We had that happen nearly everytime. I'm not quite sure if this screws up the trophy or not since we made it when this bug didn't show up. The Destiny App never counted it as a death as well, but be aware.

PART 2 | Bridge

Cheese it. Activate this section and gather on top of the pillars at the very back of the room, where the Swordbearer spawns. If you stay there, wait for about 6 seconds or after you see some thralls despawn. Now enemies will spawn on the other side, so get in sniping position. I remember, that I've read something about 24 kills will trigger Ogre spawn, but well.. just shoot until they'll come. You don't need to kill the wizards.

TIPS: Watch out for the Swordbearer when you run out of the room. Don't mess up jumps, stay calm. You have plenty of time here. You can't fail this part.

PART 3 | Thrallway

Not much to say here. Use the neverending spawn to replenish heavy ammo. You can use the stealth Hunter to run past this but we enjoyed wrecking through this too much. :)

TIPS: Watch out for shrieker explosions and Cursed Thralls.

PART 4 | Ir Yut

Lure the wizards out. Have the rest of the fireteam behind the rocks, where Crota would spawn. Snipe the wizards. Be sure, that Ir Yut starts her ritual. Sometimes she wouldn't start even if both wizards and a couple acolytes died. Shoot things until she starts preparing. Rocket the shriekers. If you don't feel safe, kill the two melee knights at the entrance. At this point you could have someone to cheese the rest by jumping on top of the crystal.

We preferred to clear the left side (seen from Crota's spawn location) with two of us handling thralls and the other two trying to kill Ir Yut with rockets and supers (we had a total of 8 Golden Gun shots). After killing her, get out of the room. Thralls will despawn. This is one of the longer parts because you have to clear the whole area with a lot of majors that keep respawning. Take your time and stay focused.

TIPS: Be careful with the rocket launcher. Jump to avoid Knightswords in your back. Listen to Cursed Thrall calls or spawns from behind in general. Care for shrieker explosion. Don't panic when she starts singing. She immobilizes herself so actually this isn't something that bad.

PART 5 | Crota

Okay, now sh!t's getting serious. Prepare yourself. Go to the toilet. While on toilet tell yourself you can do it. Press some buttons on your remote in case your TV likes to screw you up. Fully load the Gjallarhorn and pray to RNGsus, that there will be plenty of heavy ammo drops.

Clear both sides. The Relicholder takes the chalice, rest drops down in the middle room. Spot the Swordbearer and kite him to the stairs. Let one of the damage dealers kill the Swordbearer with their super. The Defender Titan immediately pops up his Bubble withBlessing of Light at the stairs. Their should be at least 6 Spheres of light now. Relicholder takes the sword, grabs as much spheres as he can, runs through the bubble and heads towards the right ledge to jump up. Since we only had one Gjallarhorn and it was me, the Relicholder, who had it, it got a little tricky for us. I had to take his shield down by dropping the Sword (Crota solo strategy). If your team has more luck with Gjallarhorn drops you could let the Hunter stealth up there and the others would deal the damage to Crota's shield.

But for us it went like this: Have someone staying on the left side of the stairs and snipe the boomers on the right side. Thralls won't hurt you there, but if so, another one can handle them. The third member got off some shots with Thorn, just to be safe, that Crota won't regen any shield. My supersafe swordcombo was Slash - Smash - Super Smash. This way you have enough time for repositioning and reloading rockets. Crouch if you see Crota is way too close to you to avoid his bullets. Don't have the Relic in your line of sight, it has a small hitbox! This way you would need 4 swords, but you can go for damaging him a second time if you have the rocket ammo. Combo for second attack was the Uppercut, but the sword will disappear soon after or even while hitting, so be cautious.

Gather in the back of the room, Crota will move to the right, so you have time for sharing the chalice if needed. You can stay at the right wall and shoot thralls for some lucky ammo drops. As soon as he moves middle again, kill the Swordbearer as soon as possible. This time, the super of the second damage dealer should be ready. They'll feed each other with spheres so you always have one damage super and the defender super up. Rinse and repeat, get into the right rhythm. This will only work if everyone knows what to do when.

My only tip for Ogres is staying back and kill them fast because you may screw up the Swordbearer spawn timer with Crota's movement. Be aware, that Crotas already tries to go right when you attempt a second attack with the third sword. If you totally messed up the timing, consider to change the strategy by damaging him on the right side. For this jump onto the left side and have someone cover the left boomers. Just damage him one time there, since it's pretty dangerous for the whole party.

TIPS: Don't be too greedy if you damage Crota. I know that you have more time than my used swordcombo, but one stupid swing could end the whole attempt. Care for melee knights on the bridge, if possible, kill them between sword phases with your amazing sniping skills. Watch out for cursed thralls on the way to the ledge. Try to get no damage until you reached it. If you have 3 rockets, save 2 for the second time and let your mates know, that you need more damage for the first shield. Don't freak out, stay calm and wait for the trophy to pop up. Freak out.

If everything wents smooth you will have him dead with 3 swords. You could easily do this strategy with a 6 man fireteam if you prefer so, but always keep in mind, that you will just have more people, who could possibly die to whatever reason. As long as the Bridge phase isn't patched, take some friends with you, there is really no need to solo it.

Now jump down the Hellmouth and follow us to get one of the hardest achievments I've ever attempted!
Source.