Other First WiiU advert for the UK

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

Not getting one myself, but I thought I'd post up here for curiosities sake. I like the idea of playing whilst the wife watches tv, but if you look closely I think its only the Virtual Console games (ie crap from the 80s that youve played to death already), as the controller's screen seems to be used for the WiiU games itself.

Sony have said theyre going to implement the same for the Vita and the PS3, whichll be awesome. I'd love to use my Vita as a controller.

Anyone buying a WiiU in November?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
After wasting a small fortune on a Wii I will never buy another Nintendo console. In my eyes this is too late to the next gen party. PS4 and the new xbox (720 or durango) will be out over the next couple of years, I want something advanced and not a step back lol.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah I got pulled in too by the DS and the Wii. Wont that mistake again either. Although the Professor Layton games are awesome.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I actually like my DS lite but it's not often used these days and I'm more likely to have a book/kindle on me than the DS especially with Let's Golf, Minecraft and Nethack on my phone. Although the DS is a flashed one extending it's capabilities but that generally meant I just played Quake on it.

The WiiU is a bit Nintendo though isn't it? It's another itteration of a unit already released that has some updated features with an utterly tripe selection of software. Nintendo are closing in on Apple's philosophy of hold back tech then making customers buy more hardware to get access to the missed tech.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just read on the net that Nintendos reported loss for last year was its first ever in the history of the company. Thats casual gamers for, casual in purchases too. Nintendo consoles are just infamous for the amount of shovelware on their platforms. That Nintendo Seal of Quality is now just a joke. Some of the "games" released by third parties are just awful. Theyre a company that rely on the Granny baiting box art far too much (ie your gran notices a game on the shelf, assumes its similar to the sort of crap you like, buys at full price, you play, you regret, you trade for £1).

Used to make me laugh at work when people used to diss gaming, citing their only experience which was either a DS or a Wii. I always wondered who bought some of the awful shit released on these, and it was my ex-work colleagues!!! :)