The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PC Far Cry Experience & Far Cry 3 in Minecraft

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Slaine, 29 Oct 2012.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Get a nice free PC mod for Minecraft to create that Far Cry 3 experience....

And talking of experiences, theres a Far Cry Experience coming 1st November to the web. Looks like a series of live action videos. Teaser trailer below

Must admit I do like the look of this one. Ive got the other 3 Far Crys (Instincts, Predator & 2) which I really liked too. Very underrated games in my humble opinion. Far Cry 2 admittedly did get very repetitive very quickly, but noone can deny that the multiplayer was pretty smart. Anyways, due to my work situation and the ridiculous number of good games coming out I cant see me picking this up for a while, at least until its dirt cheap. Shame really, because I do like the look of it.

2. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    I enjoyed far cry on the old xbox and I quite liked far cry 2, it was repetitive but I think it was an interesting idea to have a game that wasnt scripted. Unfortunately a lack of scripting means that there is lack of narrative outside of the somewhat unexciting mission objectives. I am hoping that they have learnt a lot from their mistake with far cry 3 and we will see much tighter approach this time with less of them annoying checkpoints on the roads which you just drove through and ignored in the end.

The multiplayer was okay it was the usual death match, team deathmatch options if I recall, the map editor was great, very versatile,I spent ages trying to produce natural looking levels with it. Unfortunately nobody was playing the game so it got sold without really getting far into the depths of the multiplayer.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Re: Far Cry Experience & Far Cry 3 in Minecraft

Ace and Spruijt had some maps up, a few of us started playing when it was free for ps+. I liked them both and this one looks just as good if not better :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice