• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Far Cry 4

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Farcry 4 has been officially announced.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Far Cry 4 will most certainly be on my shopping list.

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I only ever played 3 so missed the teething issues. Hope 4 is just as good.

My interest is perked.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In think I have Far Cry 2 & 3 free from PS+ but have played neither. Something worth trying then I take it

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
In think I have Far Cry 2 & 3 free from PS+ but have played neither. Something worth trying then I take it
I think it was one of those games you either liked or you didnt, I liked it and spent way too long making maps on the map editor.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still play the mobile game for 3 and hope to someday reach the top rank and get my platinum lol

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
First details on the next instalment in Ubisoft's acclaimed FPS series

Far Cry is back! We’re proud to announce that Far Cry 4, the latest instalment in our critically and player acclaimed FPS series, will be available in Europe on 20th November (21st November in UK and Ireland) for PS4 and PS3.

Of course, you can expect the same unique, open-world gameplay that has set Far Cry apart from more traditional shooters. Far Cry 4 will be set in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous, and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic, self-appointed king. This is not your standard FPS. You will be equipped with a vast array of weapons, animals, and vehicles, and our highly detailed and interactive open-world will let players write their own story across an exotic and varied landscape.

Customers who pre-order Far Cry 4 receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed, single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3′sDLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler.” The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

We can’t wait to show you more from Far Cry 4. Stay tuned on our Facebook and Twitter for the latest, and be sure to tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry 4. Kyrat awaits you.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's also coming to Xbone and PC isn't it lol damn you Sony. They made it sound like PS exclusive in the above post.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's also coming to Xbone and PC isn't it lol damn you Sony. They made it sound like PS exclusive in the above post.
Dont care if its PS exlusive or not im stll gonna get it I reckon, will be a defo if they include a map editor.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Far Cry 4 trailer - Weapons of Kyrat

I like the looks of it. Seems a bit like 3, but I liked that as well.
Too bad it's launch date is conflicting with Dragon Age: Inquisition

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been deliberately avoiding all previews of FC4 as I absolutely loved FC3 & it's a no-brainer, just don't want to spoil any of the storyline.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No story here as far as I could see, just (all?) weapons. But don't watch if you want to know as little as possible, because it does show some gameplay elements!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will feature a map editor like 3 did?

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love the Far Cry games. 3 and Blood Dragon are the best by far. This pre order was a no brainer for me. Even over Dragon Age.

Looking forward to using the wing suit most of all.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
not pre ordered as I have little to no cash these days, it seems the FC3 Outpost app has stopped working tried it last night and was fine last week. I still use it to try and get the best gun mods lol

x_magnumforce_x

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
I've preordered this, if its anywhere near as good as 3 it will be great. Co-op was good fun last time round, but MP was laggy on XBL :(.
SP & Co-op should pass a few hrs

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The Far Cry games have gone from strength to strength and the latest one set in the fictional Himilayan country of Kryat dosent looks like it will not disappoint gamers this Christmas.
Early reviews such as this one are very promising with the co op mode rated as particullaly good.
The video below explains how Co op works .
At this time of the year most of the sequels to the most popular games make an appearance. Some get good reviews some get poor ones.
Call of Duty seems to be back on track with good reviews coming out, where as as the New Assassins creed Unity is receiving rather mediocre ones such as this.
Amazon are just about to ship mine out and having watched most of the trailers and read the reviews I cant wait to get my hands on it.
When I do I will be looking for some co op pals to play along with or fight beside in Multiplayer.
So ...
Who's in ?