The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS3 Far Cry 3 map editor

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Acegadgets, 30 Dec 2012.

1. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I've just spent all morning creating a map with the editor. Thought it would be an idea to share a few thoughts on editing.
    Firstly its a good idea to save it regulally. I had been on for nearly 2 hours and it froze up, meaning I lost everything that I created.
    I've probably created a map that is far too big to actually play on. Most of the maps in custom games tend to be played by small amounts of people , So my second map will be very small, designed to be played on by 5 or 6 people.
    I had problems getting ladders to work , There seems to be a front and back to ladders but you have to test it to see which way around it goes.
    You also need to validate the map which can take a while as you need to put in lots of spawn points etc.
    Finally when its done you have to upload it . You do this by clicking Multiplayer >My set up > My maps> then upload your map.
    Getting a map made takes quite a while, no one will probably play on it unless you go to the ubisoft far cry forums and publicise it. But its an enjoyable way to spend a wet sunday morning. I've been trying to upload the map for a while but theres a problem with the site, i'll keep at it.
    Anyone having specific problems working out the editor, pop the questions on here and collectively we;ll try and sort them out.
    My first map is called Aces Shark Island, hopefully ive learnt a few do's and don't from it and the second one will be better.

2. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    A little pointer, if anyone wants to use ziplines they are in the POSTS section, you can tell if they will work by rotating them, the cable will always hang downwards.

3. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    For my next map, I think I'll make a small island with 3 or 4 hill on the edges with the hills being the spawn points. Then mount gliders and zipwires on them leading to the centre where all the collectable and capture points will be located.

4. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Ace im not sure if you can use gliders on a multiplayer map as cars and boats arnt allowed. BIG BIG mistake by ubisoft for removing them as they were usable in FC2.

5. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I have made my first map available online, not published yet as its not totally finished but I could do with a bit of constructive criticism.
    You should be able to find it using the filter, I have called it SNR_ooops just put SNR in the search filter will show it.

6. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I downloaded your map mick. hell of a lot of work gone into it. In order that we can play on it i've changed it to a 2 - 4 player map and renamed it {SNR} Micks mines. Also made my original map into a 2 - 4 player map and cut down the playable area, renamed it {SNR} Aces Paradise. My second map is a small island , made specifically for just a handful of players and its called {SNR} Aces Dieland . The servers are a bit problematic, should have them all uploaded soon.
    next time we are on we can load them up for a proper test game on them. searching for SNR will bring them all up.

7. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    You don`t need to change the player size settings in the map, Ace. Those numbers are just a guide for others to see what the designer thinks is the most suitable amount of players for the map.

When you set up the private game as the host, just go to game settings (select) and set the minimum amount of players to how many are in the lobby, this will force the game to start regardless of what number of players you set in the map.

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I wanna make a valley with a single bridge in the middle and 4 zip lines criss crossing over the middle of the valley. Just need some time to make it :D

9. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Ah, thanks for that . I've already put mine up as being 2 - 4 player maps although they are more like 8 - 12 player. Do you fancy a run about on our maps on Wednesday night?

10. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Yeah I`d be up for that. May have another one done by then.

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I will be on around 9pm if your both still on :)

12. Acegadgets

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Spruijt and I had a canny little game but sleep got the better of me.
    I think I've only done the first , second and forth chapters . Would like to try the others tonight if anyone is around.

13. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    If your on until late I'm on from 9pm

14. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I need to do the 5th and 6th, When Ive done those I get the Plat :woot: :thumbup:

Can you set it up so you start from the 3rd chapter ?? would save the time it takes to do the first 2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice