Multi Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Got this on the 360 the other day. Absolutely brilliant, and the sense of humours spot on. Anyone else enjoying this too?

Basically its a whole island of free roaming, with the most ridiculous plot, plucked straight from the '80s. The style is very Mega Drivey too, which was intentional.

Check out this video below. It really highlights the humour in it.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really want to pick this up but it'll have to go on hold for the moment. Looks bonza though.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Gonna download it tomorrow when I wake up :) looks awesome

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah i'm quite looking forward to this one, the intro alone is worth the money!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wow - I had every intention of putting my PS3 on tonight, but got playing this.

Damn fine game for anyone with a history of playing computer games or watching action movies during the 80's.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just completed it this morning (got all the achievements for it:woot::dance2:).

Just wait to you see the boss, if you thought the rest of the game was cheesy.

I really like this game, and found I couldnt just put it down. My only complaint, if any, is that there was no daylight to talk of whatsoever. A minor complaint, because I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Makes me want Far Cry 3 even more now (as I hear Blood Dragon is nothing more than a skin for Far Cry 3). Hopefully the price will drop to something I can afford soon.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My only complaint would be the controller implementation on PC....it actually reminds me a lot of the last Far Cry game I played, possibly the first one? on PS3, where the controls had obviously had a straight port to controller without much thought put in.

I don't know if Far Cry 3 still has this feel on console, i've heard that it's far better now but not tried it myself.

It's a great game so far though, only played the first hour or so, largely taking my time due to trying mouse/keyboard and constantly trying different settings. But I keep finding that i'm sitting grinning at the screen with all the nostalgia it brings on, from cheesy one liners, to the 8bit style cut scenes to the scanlines on the sky.

A truly excellent game!

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been playing this for the last week and I can honestly say Its the best Far Cry ever. Indeed I'd say its the best single player sandbox shooter i've ever played.
Cant really pinpoint why I like it so much. Perhaps its a combination of things like great graphics, great dialogue, inspiring music, a nice variety of things to do . They have cut all the fancy features out of it , simplified a game rather than added things to make it more complex. You have a small amount of weapons which get more powerful as you progress, you dont have all those daft things have to collect which you then craft and try to select when you need them . You just pick up a gun, and shoot the **** out of stuff.
Its great!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah there's definitely something about it's simplicity that is a throw back to times now long gone...although there's a bit of collecting in the game it's very minimal compared to other games of similar type.

I've been really enjoying it even though i'm playing on PC and the controls aren't anywhere near as slick as on console, I think it's because I played so many games in the 80's, I honestly don't think i'd appreciate it otherwise, but it's all the little subtle features, they get me all nostalgic.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I finished the story, which is quite unusual for me. Went on to capture all the bases. I was going collect everything to get 100% competion, but theres no platinum, or even a gold. I still have 2 trophies to get, which would only take an evening, but might just leave it at 90% . Looking forward to a full sized blood dragon game.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looking forward to a full sized blood dragon game.
Is that on the cards?

I think the reason the game works so well, for me at least is all the cheesy crap in it, because honestly the shooting mechanics are piss poor in my opinion. I'm not sure they could keep the same interest levels if they tried to make a bigger game out of the 80's theme, I really think this is a one off.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The shooting mechanics worked well for me, I played on the PS3 though, not the PC. As I enjoyed it so much, I'm thinking of playing far cry 3 on the PS3 from the beggining . I did do a few chapters on the PS3 then lost my save data. I got the PC version for free, but struggled to play with a mouse and keyboard.
As for the sequel, as long as they keep it simple I think it would work really well.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-director-has-a-sequel-in-mind