Mobile Fallout Shelter

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Is anyone else playing this?

I've been on this for a couple of weeks or so now as something to tide me over until Fallout 4 arrives on the PS4. It's not too bad, there's not a lot of depth in it once you get going but it's something you can pick up and play for a few minutes at a time.

Currently my vault is up to 96 people and hopefully by the end of the day I'll have 100 people and will have unlocked all of the room types. I did manage to get it up to 80ish fairly quickly by getting my residence breeding at a rapid rate, however a Deathclaw attack wiped out half of them. Since then I've just been breeding 3 or 4 at a time to steadily get me where I am.

FalloutShelter_ScreenShot.JPG

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Is it free? Might be something to tide me over until ShiteTalk sort my internet out.

EDIT - says it has inapp purchases. Can you play this properly without having to spend real money?

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Is it free? Might be something to tide me over until ShiteTalk sort my internet out.

EDIT - says it has inapp purchases. Can you play this properly without having to spend real money?
I'd heard the best way to play is install, hammer for the day, then delete.

(I think this was to stop being hooked & therefore spend in-game.)

I've had it installed since last but haven't had a chance to try it.
Will do so now to alternative with my FFX breaks on the Vita.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

No you dont have to spend cash on it

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

I'm training up my people to become tougher but It's starting to annoy me, My people keep moving around and becoming unhappy.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Indeed it's free and you don't have to buy anything.

Blimey @HERMAN_JELMET you've been busy!

I'm training up mine too, with the aim of having 4 out in the wastelands at a time.

I've had no problem with people moving around, they all stay where I put them. For the unhappy ones (usually new adults or those who have dealt with incidents in their rooms) the easiest way to make them happy is to get them breeding.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

I'm training up mine too, with the aim of having 4 out in the wastelands at a time.

I've had no problem with people moving around, they all stay where I put them. For the unhappy ones (usually new adults or those who have dealt with incidents in their rooms) the easiest way to make them happy is to get them breeding.
Get them breeding LOL. They are people not rabbits!
Think I shall try this out, although I have no internet and only 2GB of data allowance on my mobile. Tempted to get one of those MiFi things, but they'll probably be shite for PS4 online gaming. Might sort out my Netflix/Amazon fix though.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

I thonk it's down to my fat Sausage fingers.
I had one dweller who impregnated 90% of the female population of my vault, He wears pope robes.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've had it on my wish list the Google Play store for a while now, but I've never got around to trying it. It's another title on my (ever-growing) to-do list.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Downloaded this on my iPad and had a go today. It's a cracking little game. Never thought I'd be one for mobile games but so far I'm addicted to Clash of Clans and regularly play Boom Beach (it's a bit pants but I feel I've invested too much time it to give up now) and Hero Academy. Oh and Warhammer Quest.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had enough! It was fine this morning, Just started It up to be subjected to a Deathclaw attack, Not a problem until I realised that the top level of my vault containing 10 highly trained dwellers with all the best weapons was empty! For some reason they were all wandering around the vault! leaving the Deathclaw's to run rampant and kill 8 other dwellers!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My dwellers are miserable effers. Think they are dying of radiation poisoning as well but I can't make enough rad packs to save anyone. Might just let them all die of starvation in a dark vault with no water.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had enough! It was fine this morning, Just started It up to be subjected to a Deathclaw attack, Not a problem until I realised that the top level of my vault containing 10 highly trained dwellers with all the best weapons was empty! For some reason they were all wandering around the vault! leaving the Deathclaw's to run rampant and kill 8 other dwellers!
Oh go on, keep going with it! When I first started I got up to around 80 dwellers and was then decimated in a Deathclaw attack (I think I lost around 30 dwellers). That was due to me getting the dwellers to breed too quickly. Since then I've taken it more slowly. I'm now up to 176 dwellers, all of which are armed and I have 6 dwellers out in the wastelands.

FalloutShelter_ScreenShot.JPG

My dwellers are miserable effers. Think they are dying of radiation poisoning as well but I can't make enough rad packs to save anyone. Might just let them all die of starvation in a dark vault with no water.
It sounds like you haven't been producing enough water, so make sure there's sufficient provision. I have the opposite problem with stimpaks and radaway, I produce too much and I'm constantly at the max capacity. Initially I built more medbays and science labs just to increase the storage (I didn't have anyone in the extra rooms) but with increased numbers the rooms are fully staffed.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Nope, I'm done with It.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I finally gave up on this last night and have deleted it.

I got to 182 dwellers but it was becoming a chore to try and earn enough caps to upgrade some of the rooms (18000 to make the final upgrade to the nuclear reactor, water treatment and food rooms and a whopping 45000 caps to make the final upgrade for the nuka cola room!) Beyond trying to earn caps to do this, there wasn't really anything else to do beyond levelling up dwellers and sending out dwellers into the wasteland to find stuff (which sold for only 10 caps each when they returned if you didn't want to keep them).

Anyway it was fun for a little while but now it's gone. I am looking forward to Fallout 4 though. :)

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really want to try this game, sometime. I love Android, but I think that's a common theme with mobile games. They are fun for a while or is small doses.
I've recently rededicated myself to my PS Vita and its all I'm playing on-the-go at the moment.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's OK. I've got my people back to being about 80% happy again. It's very much a pick up and play for 5 minutes here and there game that doesn't really have much depth. I'm afraid it's going to be extremely hard to knock Clash of Clans out of my number 1 mobile gaming spot though.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really want to try this game, sometime. I love Android, but I think that's a common theme with mobile games. They are fun for a while or is small doses.
I've recently rededicated myself to my PS Vita and its all I'm playing on-the-go at the moment.
aye. I finished Ys: Celceta recently & now working thru FFX on the Vita.

Pernarcale

PlayStation.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
aye. I finished Ys: Celceta recently & now working thru FFX on the Vita.
Working on FFX myself. There are just so many great games on the PS Vita!