Facebook Integration

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Senior Gamers has for some time had the ability to recommend threads on Facebook. In addition to this, there is now further Facebook Integration, which allows users to log in and register via Facebook. Furthermore, if you recommend any pages from Senior Gamers on Facebook, you will also see on these which of your Facebook friends have also recommended the pages.

When you click on the Log in or Sign Up link on the forums, you will now see a Login with Facebook button.

login.png

New members can choose to register using the Login with Facebook button. Existing members can also log in with this button if they have associated their Senior Gamers account with their Facebook account.

Note: the additional Facebook integration is optional. You can still recommend any pages from Senior Gamers on Facebook without adding these extra features.

Associating your Facebook Account

To associate your Facebook account, click on your name at the top right of the forums and then choose Facebook Integration from the menu

menu.png

On the Facebook Integration page in your account, click on the Associate with Facebook button.

associate1.png

You will be sent to Facebook where you will be asked if you wish Senior Gamers to access various aspects of your account.

facebook1.png

facebook2.png

Public profile, email address, birthday, current city and website are used for new registrations. The information in these will populate the corresponding fields in your Senior Gamers account. Information will not be taken from these for existing accounts.

The friends list is accessed so that if you recommend any pages on Senior Gamers on Facebook, you will also see on the page which of your Facebook friends have also recommended the page.

The status updates and post to your friends on your behalf permission is not currently used. In the future, we could implement an add-on that would allow members to post their status updates from Senior Gamers on Facebook. Note that if this was implemented, members could choose if they wanted to publish these status updates or not, it wouldn't happen without members specifically choosing to do this.

Once you have granted Facebook these permissions, you will return to Senior Gamers and see the Sign Up with Facebook page. To complete the process, you must enter your Senior Gamers password (not your Facebook password), then click on the Associate Account button.

associate2.png

Your Senior Gamers account is now associate with your Facebook account.

Disassociating your Facebook Account

You can disassociate your Facebook account at any time. To do so, click on your name at the top right of the forums and then choose Facebook Integration from the menu. Then on the Facebook Integration page in your account, click on the Disassociate Facebook Account and then click on the Confirm Disassociation button.

disassociate.png

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sometimes Facebook reminds me of a pandemic.
Whilst I appreciate it's probably beneficial for SNR to utilise such tools it's not to my taste. Don't like all my eggs in one basket. You'll be able to log into your personal banking via Facebook soon! The amount of personal data Facebook must have on people already without all these linked accounts must be a gold mine. A marketing departments wet dream at the very least.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sometimes Facebook reminds me of a pandemic.
Whilst I appreciate it's probably beneficial for SNR to utilise such tools it's not to my taste. Don't like all my eggs in one basket. You'll be able to log into your personal banking via Facebook soon! The amount of personal data Facebook must have on people already without all these linked accounts must be a gold mine. A marketing departments wet dream at the very least.
As I said in the above post, this is an optional extra so you can keep things separate if you wish. :)

Also most of the information transfer is not to Facebook but from Facebook to Senior Gamers for those who register using that method.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another positive feature added, another way of getting word out there that we exist and are every kind of awesome.

Nice.

I do tend to agree with Plaxi though and tbh am going off Facebook even more (if that's possible).

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't do much on facebook. Its good for uploading picture to from my mobile , but cant be arsed with all the twats that send me invites to play games and join groups that I dont want to. The last of us is quite good when you link your account to it, showing what your real friends could be doing in your clan, but I dont have that game anymore.
I have linked this account SNR account though I dont really understand what its purpose is.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Any chance of G+ integration :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Any chance of G+ integration :D
You can already share pages with G+ :) Do you really want to be able to log in with G+ too? If so, can I assume you will be using the website in preference to Tapatalk? ;)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Was a joke, I wouldn't use anything but my usual details to log into the forum. Although for hardcore facebook users this is a great feature. Although i will now G+ the main page :)

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you add the Facebook integration you can see which friends have also done this on the Members tab in the sidebar.

Go on, @Jkrohn1, do it and you'll see me and @Acegadgets listed along with you. :)

LouPeacock

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I honestly thought the title read `Facebook Interrogation`. And that`s the first time the word `Facebook` has ever got me interested.
But I was wrong, so now i'm off to the allotment.