The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

F1 new season.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonnywombat, 14 Mar 2013.

1. jonnywombat

jonnywombat Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I am a huge F1 fan, and I am so excited for the new season.

Are there any other f1 fans here, and if so what are your plans for watching this weekend?

Personally I will skip FP1, get up and watch FP2 live, skip FP3, and watch Quali and the race live.

I am a huge Mclaren Fan, and looking forward to see how Perez goes in a better car, although I don't expect the Silver cars to be at the front of the grid for the first few races.

For me the other interesting match up is Hamiliton and Rosberg at Merc... It could do Nico the world of good if he can match Hamilton for pace.

Hopefully someone will beat Vettel to the WDC this year although I don't know who.

What is every one else looking forward to seeing this year?

Jonny

2. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Probably for most of the season I shall be swearing about that sell out known as Bernie :rant:

Apart from that I shall be hopeing that Kimi does well :thumbup:

3. ChrissPeacock

ChrissPeacock Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    I'd like to see the Lotus name (if not their product!) back in the mix again as I have a soft spot for Lotus and their approach to road cars.

Luckily my wife is also a huge motorsport fan so will be just ask keen as I to see the new season underway! As we will be to see Rossi back on form in the MotoGP - rumour has it testing has been going quite well.

I do wish Lewis well in the new team but would also like to see Jenson have a good season.

4. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Followed F1 for many years. I was even lucky enough to be a VIP guest at BAR when Jenson raced there, sweet. I was a Jordan and Jaguar fan. However I tend to follow drivers now, a Lewis fan and intrigued how Mercedes will do. Pretty sure they'll win a race or two.

I don't overly rate Vettel, he's just been lucky in an Adrian Newey car. Although not a fan of Alonso, I have to admit he's an amazing driver to, plus I did feel gutted when he lost out last season, thought he deserved it. McLaren aldo threw it away last season, so many mistakes.

If nothing else this season I want more radio discussions between the Lotus team and Kimi ;) .

Don't really bother with the practise sessions, qualy and then the race.

PS - Bernie feel free to drop the Singapore race, it's rubbish. Controvertial but always thought Monaco sucked as a race, but it's where the money and deals are made.

5. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I'm not a fan but my boyfriend is a big F1 fan. Although he must like me more as he skipped going to Silverstone about 7 years ago so he could go on a date with me :D
    Bet he regrets that now Lol.

He's the reason I have F1 2010, 2011 & 2012 on the PS3. He feels the need to buy me them I think in an attempt to get me more interested. I find it boring unless they crash. I support Williams as I'm told to.

6. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    lol could be a long wait!

7. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    Well it's half way though FP2..

The standout things for me is are

That the risk I thought Hamilton was taking moving to Merc has been proved to be a good move so far
    Red Bull still seem to be the class of the field.
    Lotus seem to be in the hunt also.

But I guess true pace won't be shown until quali tomorrow

Jonny

8. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Just a thought, Sky users, can you try to avoid posting any results until after the BBC's coverage please.

9. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
  10. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I was really dubious about the move to sky when it was first announced,but imho it has been the best thing to happen to F1 coverage, it is excellent.

But that is just my opinion :D

11. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Does everyone know what happened in qualy today before I blurt out anything?

12. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Today, yes I do...

13. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Think it got a bit wet :lol: .

14. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Wetter than a middle aged woman with the giggles!

15. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Try telling that to those of us who dont have Sky :brick: Not only did they nick Brundle (yes im the one who liked Brundle) but they nicked the Live broadcasts from the BBC as well. :rant:

Anyway 2 fingers up from Lewis to his doubters who said the move to Mercedes was the wrong one. I dont really remember the same sort of thing being said about Schuey when he went to Ferrari, but that could just be an age thing :grandpa:

16. ChrissPeacock

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ChrissPeacock
    Really pleased overall with the result today (all bar Jenson perhaps). Looking like a good season lies ahead.

17. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    I made a predication at work that Alonso will win the title thos year. The first race saw Ferrari their strongest in quite a few seasons. My predication may yet come true. However a well driven race by Kimi, the coverage was a little telling to, very little mention around McLaren, would have been more I think if Lewis was still with them. Button is good, just not great.

I am a Lewis fan I know. Still the Mercedes looked pretty good behind Lotus, Ferrari and Red Bull. A win is not out of the question. Only question seems to be around tyre wear. Which Lotus and Force India seem to have a good start on.

On a side note will try to remember some of the new guys names ;) . Although one of them as a monobrow that overshadows even Alonso :lol: :lol: :lol: .

18. mick

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    Just to quote myself from this very thread.

Time to dig out my old Kimi siggy.

19. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I dont really have a favorite driver or team to support. Perhaps we should start an f1 sweepstake ? Put the drivers into pairs, the worst and best, the second best and second worst etc. Then pull the 12 pairs out of a hat for each of us to support. Collect 1 point for last place and 24 points for 1st place. Add the points each race to form a league table. Would give someone like me with little interest a reason to watch the races.

20. jonnywombat

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    jonnywombat
    I enjoyed the race, although due to the delay in the middle of quali I ended up with very little sleep over the weekend.

I was glad to see a win for Kimi, probably the best outcome for me, as I am a life long Mclaren Fan, growing up with Hunt, et al, then the prost senna era, heady stuff for a young boy.

Hoping for more of the kimster next weekend, and hopefully updates to bring the Mclarens a little nearer the front will not be too far away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice