EY UP ALL

I2adicalMonk

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hi all

My name is ian and i'm 46 years young , born and bred yorkshire man living near leeds

Love to play online games although not brilliant at them , i seem to be addicted to re spawning for some reason :oops:, i mainly play FPS games like cod , killzone and im trying my best to get into bf4

I am looking for a laid back fun place to call home and for some fun laid back games .

I have played online game for a good few years now mostly on the pc then i moved to the xbox but now ive taken the leap into the playstation community (ps4)

i came across a post for this community at http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Clans/SNR-Senior-Gamers/td-p/16457921 , hope the link works .

I have played and owned most consoles through the years and also had a couple of nice gaming computers built but i mainly stick to consoles now . I think my favourite game of all time was operation flashpoint on the pc if any of you can remember that game or infact played it .

Well that's enough about me , like i said before i'm just looking for a place to settle into for some fun games and laughs with no pressure as to wether you win or lose , i have played in clans before where matches turned into shouting and screaming just because someone made a mistake , not for me in afraid , that's not my idea of fun .
Anyway hope to hear from you guys and look forward to maybe playing some games with you , i do however work shifts so not always able to get online , as for this week as an example i'm working nights all week .

My PSN ID is I2adicalMonk please feel free to add

ian

:stupid:

Last edited by a moderator:

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome to our site, Radical/ Ian. :waving:

Apologies for your first post here ending up in the moderation queue, we don't do this by default, I guess the link in your first ever post may have caused it. Gotta watch out for those spammers! Anyway, your posts shouldn't go there now. :)

So, you found us via the clan listing on the PS Forums. :) It's lucky you spotted this, I notice it's slipped onto page 2 with some other communities making constant *bumps* to keep theirs at the top. :oops:

My name is ian and i'm 46 years young , born and bred yorkshire man living near leeds
You're the same age as me then. We're not the oldest by far, @Acegadgets has about 8 years on us and there are a couple of other folk who are even older than this. Good to have another northerner on board, we've got plenty of them, some who still live oop norf and ones like me that have ventured south to try and get them to speak proppa!

Love to play online games although not brilliant at them , i seem to be addicted to re spawning for some reason :oops:, i mainly play FPS games like cod , killzone and im trying my best to get into bf4

I am looking for a laid back fun place to call home and for some fun laid back games .
Sounds like you'll fit in just nicely around here. :D We play a range of games and FPS are included. There is a general preference for BF4 and now Killzone is popular with the new iteration. Less so on CoD but you'll find the likes of @Slaine playing this. We also play other stuff like GTA V, GT5/6, Minecraft etc.

I have played online game for a good few years now mostly on the pc then i moved to the xbox but now ive taken the leap into the playstation community (ps4)
I have played and owned most consoles through the years and also had a couple of nice gaming computers built but i mainly stick to consoles now . I think my favourite game of all time was operation flashpoint on the pc if any of you can remember that game or infact played it .
Do tell us a bit more about your gaming history, we love reminiscing about gaming from the 'good old days' when it took 10 minutes to load a game from tape, when 1Mb memory cards on consoles were Huuuuge, when 3D advanced gaming was the Intellivision... :lol:

Well that's enough about me , like i said before i'm just looking for a place to settle into for some fun games and laughs with no pressure as to wether you win or lose , i have played in clans before where matches turned into shouting and screaming just because someone made a mistake , not for me in afraid , that's not my idea of fun .

Anyway hope to hear from you guys and look forward to maybe playing some games with you , i do however work shifts so not always able to get online , as for this week as an example i'm working nights all week .
Well you're at the right place for this. We play for fun and don't care how good or bad you are. We don't play matches very often and if we do, they are still for fun too. Most of the time though we just turn up as and when we can to any organised events in our Events section or just meet up casually online with whoever is playing that evening. So I hope that's relaxing enough for you.

I hope you've had a chance to read out About Us section, which explains a bit about what we are about. It also explains our membership, standard or full. There's not much needed for full membership and you do get some extras if you go for this. Anyway, have a read and a think and let us know what you'd like. :)

I hope to see you online in the near future. I haven't got a PS4 yet (waiting for stock to be readily available so will likely get one later this month or the next). We've got quite a few who have one already so hopefully you'll get to meet up with them sooner.

Last edited:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Aha!! We must have been separated at birth!! I love my fps games too. As Martok said, most of our get togethers seem to be on the fly. Ive just sent you afriends request. Hope to see you online soon:1thumbup:

I2adicalMonk

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Slaine if we were separated at birth does that make me or you the evil twin ? Muuuuhaha , will accept the friend request next time I get online matey .

Martok I'm thinking I would like the full membership if that's ok but I can only play when work or RL permits

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Martok I'm thinking I would like the full membership if that's ok but I can only play when work or RL permits
That's perfectly OK. As I said, we play for fun, as and when we can/want to, and real life always comes first. :)

So, all we request now is that you play online with some of us with a headset so that folk can have a chat and a laugh and we can all see that we're not 12 year olds :lol: After that if you're still up for full membership and agree to fly the [SNR] tags in online games then you're in.

In the meantime, feel free to browse the forums and join in any discussions (or start your own) and do have a nose at our media gallery (and add stuff yourself if you wish). This will be updated in the next week or two with some great new features, some of which will be exclusive to full members. :D

Last edited:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ola chief. I'm not in the PS4 gang yet (& won't be for a wee while) but don't hold it against me!

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Welcome twelve adical monk, Don't worry about being shit, You'll be 1337 compared to @Acegadgets.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you're gonna be getting on BF4 on PS4 i'd suggest adding DrewePeacock, NitaNitro5, Plaxinator, Yinkin and myself, we seem to be the ones that get on that game the most at the moment.

Look forward to getting a game or two with you.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah Hook me up with a FR, I mostly play killzone and BF or any other FPS that takes my fancy.

I remember Operation Flashpoint, although I played the xbox version rather than the pc and it was one of my favourite games, about the only game that actually comes close to representing real combat, ie combat lasts minutes and getting there takes hours.

My wife is from Yorkshire so if necessary she can act as interpeter, she speaks two languages, Yorkshire and Northern.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yorkshire
is pretty much in the midlands but i,ve nothing against midlanders especially when they have such a fine forename.
i am not in the Ps4 club yet, which is good news for the other SNRs who quake in their boots when i,m on the battlefield.
i should be getting a Four in April so will likely bump into you online at some point. I also work silly hours, 3..30 am till around 1 pm so don't play until early evenings, and never yet to play late, which is why most events are usually posted after i go to bed. With me around, everyone else hasn't a chance.

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hey @I2adicalMonk! Welcome to SNR. Catch you on BF4 soon. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I'm a major BF4 addict (I do believe that @ColSonders forgot to name me...) and will send you a friend request! I'm not a full member, but it seems to me that I spend more time with the SNR BF4 Bunch than with my own family ;)

Looking forward to meet you on the Battlefield :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! As @ColSonders says I have a PS4 and BF4 is my poison of choice so feel free to add me. Might not be able to accept straight away though as my internet is currently down.

I2adicalMonk

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Hello lads , i will accept friend requests and also send some out when i get online

i do have BF4 and i do need help getting into the game , ive had the disc in the machine twice now

not for very long either , spawned ran a mile died , spawned ran another mile died and so on lol

i think the game looks amazing graphics wise but im just so crap at it , i know i will get better though

with some help from you lot

oh and how dare you mention Yorkshire and the midlands in the same sentence :hmm: :D

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome to SNR mate.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I shouldnt worry about being crap at BF4, I played BF3 on ps3 and I must admit it has been a bit of a step up in difficulty playing BF4 on the pS4, whether its the increased player count, the longer draw distances and higher resolution or what, but I have struggled a lot with the new one, so stick with it, it does get easier as your get more familiar, I am still rubbish, but better rubbish than before.