Expression Encoder 4

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was recently looking for a screen capture program for the PC to make a little vid for Plax. I found a link to this... its Microsoft Expression Encoder 4.

Worked well enough. You can only record upto 10 minutes unless you buy it I guess.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have Adobe Captivate from my work, which I've used for screen capture/video demonstrations to support schools using their VLEs.

In the past I've used CamStudio which is a free alternative. Another one I've just come across but not tried is ActivePresenter which has a free version as well as commercial options. Neither of these have recording length limits.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Martok said:
I'm lucky enough to have Adobe Captivate from my work, which I've used for screen capture/video demonstrations to support schools using their VLEs.
Stop thief ;) I got windows 7 from work for all my mates :) gotta love Dell.

I really want to capture videos from my ps3 but everything seems so expensive :( I currently have a craptop which to be honest isn't fit for purpose.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
I currently have a craptop which to be honest isn't fit for purpose.
"craptop" :rofl:

Anyone who's ever owned one of these can appreciate the sentiment. :lol: I'll never buy a laptop again; theyre all shite and never last.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Slaine said:
Jkrohn1 said:
I currently have a craptop which to be honest isn't fit for purpose.
"craptop" :rofl:

Anyone who's ever owned one of these can appreciate the sentiment. :lol: I'll never buy a laptop again; theyre all shite and never last.
I thought that after having a Dell one, only difference is I loved mine. It is still going now (9 years later) as I sold it to my girlfriends mum. I currently have another laptop after throwing the desktop in the skip a few weeks back. I went for a laptop mainly because I wanted to use it for capturing video off of the PS3 which is in the front room, and didnt want a desktop in there.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really like my laptop. You can play some games on it (Sims 3 - yay!), but mainly I love it as I can just flop on the sofa in front of the fire browsing the net. Saves going in the freezing cold computer room and having to dig out the portable heater.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
Stop thief ;) I got windows 7 from work for all my mates :) gotta love Dell.
Cheeky! :P

I don't actually own a computer; I have 2 laptops provided by work. One is a Dell and it's useless as it's locked down and I barely ever use it - seeing as I do a lot of IT stuff with schools including training and need to install software myself to do this plus use a range of browsers I just can use it (it still has IE7 FFS!) The other is a Toshiba which is not locked. I've got Photoshop CS 5, Captivate 5 and a whole stash of other software provided by work (legally!) to do my job. I just get the benefit of using the software at other times too. :D

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I loved my laptop but it's 10 years old and really needs a new hdd and it's fans replaced. I'm looking at a new one but need £700 and can't afford games and a laptop. Have to live with the craptop until I have cash.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Jkrohn1 said:
I loved my laptop but it's 10 years old and really needs a new hdd and it's fans replaced. I'm looking at a new one but need £700 and can't afford games and a laptop. Have to live with the craptop until I have cash.
Mmmmm Asus Zenbook.

Mmmmm Toshiba Portegé R930

Slaine if you spend money on a decent machine they last. Buy a crappy sub 500 crippled half tonne laptop from Dell and it won't.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I'm looking at these two currently

TOSHIBA Satellite P850
Sony Vaio SVE1512W1E