The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Expression Encoder 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mick, 12 Nov 2012.

1. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I was recently looking for a screen capture program for the PC to make a little vid for Plax. I found a link to this... its Microsoft Expression Encoder 4.

Worked well enough. You can only record upto 10 minutes unless you buy it I guess.

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    I'm lucky enough to have Adobe Captivate from my work, which I've used for screen capture/video demonstrations to support schools using their VLEs.

In the past I've used CamStudio which is a free alternative. Another one I've just come across but not tried is ActivePresenter which has a free version as well as commercial options. Neither of these have recording length limits.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Stop thief ;) I got windows 7 from work for all my mates :) gotta love Dell.

I really want to capture videos from my ps3 but everything seems so expensive :( I currently have a craptop which to be honest isn't fit for purpose.

4. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    "craptop" :rofl:

Anyone who's ever owned one of these can appreciate the sentiment. :lol: I'll never buy a laptop again; theyre all shite and never last.

5. mick

mick Even More Grumpy Grandad
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    mick170669
    I thought that after having a Dell one, only difference is I loved mine. It is still going now (9 years later) as I sold it to my girlfriends mum. I currently have another laptop after throwing the desktop in the skip a few weeks back. I went for a laptop mainly because I wanted to use it for capturing video off of the PS3 which is in the front room, and didnt want a desktop in there.

6. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I really like my laptop. You can play some games on it (Sims 3 - yay!), but mainly I love it as I can just flop on the sofa in front of the fire browsing the net. Saves going in the freezing cold computer room and having to dig out the portable heater.

7. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Cheeky! :P

I don't actually own a computer; I have 2 laptops provided by work. One is a Dell and it's useless as it's locked down and I barely ever use it - seeing as I do a lot of IT stuff with schools including training and need to install software myself to do this plus use a range of browsers I just can use it (it still has IE7 FFS!) The other is a Toshiba which is not locked. I've got Photoshop CS 5, Captivate 5 and a whole stash of other software provided by work (legally!) to do my job. I just get the benefit of using the software at other times too. :D

8. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I loved my laptop but it's 10 years old and really needs a new hdd and it's fans replaced. I'm looking at a new one but need £700 and can't afford games and a laptop. Have to live with the craptop until I have cash.

9. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Mmmmm Asus Zenbook.

Mmmmm Toshiba Portegé R930

Slaine if you spend money on a decent machine they last. Buy a crappy sub 500 crippled half tonne laptop from Dell and it won't.

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'm looking at these two currently

TOSHIBA Satellite P850
    Sony Vaio SVE1512W1E

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice