• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Every PS4 game announced for 2014 so far – 100+ and growing

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks and months, we’ve announced a huge number of PS4 games right here on PlayStation Blog – from AAA blockbusters and ambitious MMOs to striking indies and innovative downloads. In an effort to keep track of everything, we’ve challenged ourselves to draw up a comprehensive list of every single PS4 title scheduled to launch this year (note: games announced for 2015 are not included). Take a look at mk.1 below – we’ll keep adding to it as more games are announced.

Of course, the usual caveats apply: release schedules can change and titles can slip, so please treat the below as a guide.

Finally, let us know if we’re missing anything!

Out now

upload_2014-3-27_8-25-15.png

Out this month

upload_2014-3-27_8-25-58.png

inFAMOUS Second Son
Sucker Punch has endowed this open-world superhuman simulator with muscular combat and drop-dead gorgeous graphics.

Spring

upload_2014-3-27_8-32-46.png

Watch_Dogs
Ubisoft Montreal’s hacker opus revels in its expansive interconnected world where Chicago’s defensive systems are yours for the taking.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch
This comedic gem forces you to navigate menial domestic tasks. The hilarious catch? You have no bones!

Wolfenstein: The New Order
MachineGames’ reboot of the classic series takes a familiar formula and adds a rich, rewarding story, creating an intensely satisfying old-school / new-school mashup.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Eorzea beckons. The highly regarded MMO hits PS4 this year, using the console’s immense graphical power to create a vibrant, breathing world to get lost in.

Summer

upload_2014-3-27_8-34-3.png

Destiny
Bungie’s sweeping sci-fi epic seeks to redefine online shooters with large-scale co-op battles and gripping competitive play.

Galak-Z
This Saturday morning space shooter drips charisma. Strap in — it’s gonna be a heck of a ride.

Autumn

upload_2014-3-27_8-34-43.png

The Witness
Jonathan Blow’s next mindbender is a feast for the senses, painting a dazzling open-world island populated by hundreds of puzzles.

Evolve
Turtle Rock’s next step in the squad-based shooter arena pits four hunters against a formidable beast. The catch? The monster is another player.

Winter

upload_2014-3-27_8-35-27.png

Hyper Light Drifter
An enticing blend of retro graphics and ambient sounds, Hyper Light Drifter promises to be one of the most sought-after indies this year.

TBA 2014

upload_2014-3-27_8-42-32.png

Batman: Arkham Knight
Bruce Wayne fends off a rogue’s gallery of villains in this conclusion to Rocksteady’s Arkham trilogy. Bonus: You get to drive the Batmobile!

Hohokum
Featuring tunes by Ghostly International and art by Richard Hogg, Hohokum defies virtually all attempts at description.

The Order: 1886
High-powered weaponry and alternate history collide in Ready At Dawn’s twisted Neo-Victorian interpretation of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.

Alien: Isolation
As Amanda Ripley, you’ll avoid the clutches of a prowling xenomorph while navigating a sprawling space station.

Transistor
This gorgeous action RPG from Supergiant Games pits a voiceless heroine against an omnipresent computerized presence. Your weapon? A high-tech talking sword.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

Last edited:

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some of the stuff is already here, some is re-vamped previously released titles and almost certianly a portion of this list will be taken out and shot by the publishers at some point and some others will probably not be released in this country.

So probably 75+ maybe

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder why I bought a PS4, there isn't anything that really interests me and I only really really ever play BF4. Ah well, it is awesome though!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There' a few interesting titles there though that are original IP's that should peak some interest:

The Order: 1886
The Crew
The Division

These all interest me, although I will almost certainly pass on The Order:1886 as it's a SCE game and it's single player only so I'm guessing it will hit PS+ as a freebee at some point.

I'll be tempted to pick the other two up on launch.

I'm also very interested to see what Capcom will bring to the table with their Panta Rhei engine, I think Deep Down could be a great game, although I'm a little concerned that they're planning on using the F2P model, I hope they don't turn it into some pay to win game but use the microtransactions to add non-game-changing stuff like armour colours, logo's...not really sure what else they could do with the world they're creating.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Does that mean No Mans Sky isn't out till next year then!?!? Oh well.

Theres absolutely stacks there that im interested in. The Witness is the next best indie game I want.

Ive got Lego Hobbit and Watchdogs on preorder.

Cant believe you lot are struggling to find anything of interest. Read up on the new Dragorn Age or Alien game. Or Batman. Or Dying Light etc etc. Sometimes a few pics and a game title can leave you feeling a bit meh.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Glad I haven't gone out and bought a PS4 after looking at that list.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dont forget this is whats been announced. E3 is around the corner, so I dare say we'll hear more about Uncharted, the alledged The Last Of Us Special Edition along with hopefully a few surprises. Sony won't have revealed their full hand just yet, as I'm sure they're dying to trounce Microsoft some more.

And of course weve got so much new functionality to be opened up by updates, plus new apps.

And dont forget the VR headset too. I reckon this will feature heavily at E3.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What about the new rainbow 6 dont tell me i have to wait Until 2015 :(

Watchdogs and The Division Pre ordered :)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I`m looking forward to the Division, Destiny and Planetside 2. But there are lots on the list I know nothing about so I reserve judgement on those

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Out of all that, four interest me and one maybe. Not being bowled over as yet. I'm playing more on my PS3 currently than I am on my PS4.

For mild amusement my picks are:

Lego Hobbit (on pre-order with Game for the limited edition mini-figure)
Destiny
Batman: Arkham Knight
The Order 1886
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (review dependent)

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I agree with Plaxypoo, titles are a bit lame so far. I'm happy with the machine but I don't see a great deal to look forward too.

Watch_Dog is one I'm keen to see more of and where the bloody hell is Star Wars:Battlefront? Do I need to go back and reload the PC versions?

Oh well, thanks for the info all the same.