The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Evenin all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ian8560, 12 Nov 2012.

1. ian8560

ian8560 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    ian8560
    Hi my names Ian as you may of guessed. I'm 32 and live near Southampton and have been a gamer starting back in the NES days. I came across this site via the net and sounded like my cup of tea due to the quality of online play which unfortunatly can be ruined so easily but don't get me wrong I like a good battle online!.
    I've recently brought war fighter but will shortly be back on BF3 as it seems to be getting worse the more I play. I've noticed there's a few BF3 players here so I'm looking forward to a few good matches on Thursday?? Metro anyone?. :woot:

2. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the site, iang8560. :wave:

So, you found us via the web? Was that a Google search, on another website or by some other means? I'm just curious as it's always good to know what works (and what doesn't) in getting our name out there.

We've got a few folk who have Warfighter. Some seem to like it but a couple have found a few things annoying. A bunch of us have BF3 and we play this every Thursday and on occasions we have friendly clan matches against other communities, if that's something you'd be interested in.

I see you're a Burnout player. I've got it and loved the game. A bunch of us are now playing NFS: Most Wanted, also by Criterion. Do you have this or are you considering getting it? It's pretty good, some improvements over Burnout (such as the speedlists for organising online games) although there are some things missing from Burnout Paradise. No doubt they'll release some of this in DLC.

Do tell us a bit more about your gaming past, us oldies do like to reminisce. :grandpa: What did you play on the NES? What consoles and games have you played since then?

Anyway, that's enough questions for now, do pull up a chair and sit back whilst some folk come along to give you a good prodding!

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Ian, nice to meet you

We're all big Battlefield 3 fans here, along with many other games too.

Bung me a Friends request (or I will you next time Im online! ;) ). Hope to meet up with you in a game soon. Hope you'll have a laugh with us (which Im sure you will) :thumbup:

4. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I'll be on BF3 this thursday if you can pop along to our server for a game it'd be great to meet up and have a game together, there's a few of us are regulars on Thursdays so it's a sure fire way to get to know some of us a bit better.

5. ian8560

ian8560 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    ian8560
    Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Well then where do I begin with my gaming past? It has to be my fondest memories of playing the NES on a stand in woolworths then receiving for christmas. I had bought all nintendo consoles but have to say my favourite was the N64 which I still believe largely shaped games today due to the controller and 3d ish games. Talking games it has to ocarina of time which is the best game ever made for me and still do play it although on a flat screen telly it really does look awful.

So what are your views on the wii u ?? Personally I love my PS3 to much to let that get in the way and still loads of life left in i
    It who needs PS4 not yet!!

Apologies for the typing errors I don't think I ever will crack typing on a phone no matter how much I try!!!!

6. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Mixed feelings over the WiiU. Youve got to take your hat off to Nintendo for doing something different, and not just giving us another Xbox or Playstation. Trouble is its insanely expensive and not the huge leap in technology either. Zombie-U looks pretty good, if a bit generic. But Nintendo has a habit of regurgitating their franchises to death. Most of them shouldve retired ages ago, and some of them (Mario Kart is always a good example) havent changed a bit. I bought a Gamecube and Wii, and they hardly got used. My fault really. I found I dont enjoy having loads of consoles at the same time. At this moment Ive got a PS3, 360 and a Vita, and even with just these 3 some of them get neglected at times. Next generation Im just getting the one console.

Still I said that last generation..... :roll: :lol:

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Hi Ian welcome

I'm not that big on Nintendo after the Wii in still think the DS is a great device but with all the XL, 3D and whatever else they can throw at it its not the same. The Wii U is a last gen console, its below par with the 360 and PS3 not worth the hefty price tag.

Golden eye, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64 and Zelda were my favourite N64 games :)

I'm thinking about only getting the ps4 next gen but I also said that last time and have had them all.

8. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    You did a pretty good job, better than JK anyway. ;)

I didn't own a NES but my mate had one, we played Mario Bros and other games and it was this that led me onto the PS1 and later generations of Sony consoles. My first console though was the Intellivision:

[​IMG]

It had 3D graphics! Woo!

Have you worked your way through the Sony consoles or did you just jump in with the PS3? If you've played each iteration, do you have any favourite or well remembered games from each one? I've played a lot of games on all of these but those which are memorable are the Tomb Raider series, Killzone 1 - 3, Socom 2, Battlefield series, and the Uncharted series.

We've got a BF3 session on Thursday evening from 9pm and a few of us should be on. You'll likely find us on our server, just search for SNR or Senior Gamers and you should find it. It'd be good if you could make it. :)

9. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    Welcome Dude,
    I never owned a NES either, At that time I had a Sega Master System, I did however, Buy a SNES, Which was bought with my very first Xmas wage at the tender age of 16.
    I had £300 to last me the 2 weeks I had off for Xmas and I blew £250 on a SNES.
    Ahhh, Memories.....................................

Feel free to spam some Friends requests out.

10. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I only do it to upset you, plus predictive text and fat fingers don't go well ;)

11. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Ian, I used to have these demo units in a shop I used to own.
    [​IMG]
    Only have a couple of games for it, prefer new and shiney to retro.
    I'm one of the few with MOH in the seniors, also into BF3 , but had a few internet problems with Battlefield so havent been on for a while.
    If you arent giving up on warfighter and want to play in early evenings feel free to add me as a buddy. Only problem though is I can only play before 9pm, which aint much good for most of the night owls here.

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    On night shift next week so I'll try and get on with you and herman, if you have it too Ian we can all jump on ;)

13. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    :rofl: Ace, all those meerkats. Theyre so you!! What with all the flags and your Costa coffee furniture, your house is a right little Aladins cave.

14. ian8560

ian8560 Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    ian8560
    Hello martok console list so far....

Nes
    Snes
    Gamegear
    N64
    Psp
    Wii ( packed away with xmas decs as that's when its used!)
    Ps2
    Pc
    Xbox + Xbox 360.

Kinda grew up with nintendo but gave up on the wii. I did enjoy the xbox but never liked the 360 but
    ant remember why but then got the ps3 and love it, just wish I had a slim not the fat breeze block but its still going strong!!.

Jkrohn1- wow what a stand not sure the wife would allow me that. I love old gaming bits .

I'm up for a bit of MOH sometime and I also call it a night about 9 but be gentle I'm still cutting my teeth on it as the saying goes.

15. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    I don't know if you're around tonight but a few of us will be on BF3 from 9pm if you're able to make it.

BTW, is iang8560 your PSN ID? It's just that I thought I'd check your rank on BF3 using bf3stats.com and it says you can't be found, which is odd as it works with PSN IDs.

16. Macca72-

Macca72- Newbie Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Macca72-
    Hi Ian. Welcome :wave:

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I think you have to of logged into battlelog to get stats on bf3 stats

18. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    It was good to get a game with you on BF3 tonight and we sorted the PSN ID (it's ian8560 without the g). I've changed your username here to match this.

It was good to have a chat as we gamed. Hopefully you can see why we always use comms, it does make a difference in BF3 telling your buddies what you are doing or where the enemy is coming from, as well as having a laugh and a swear at the little blighters who keep killing you!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the evening and would like to come back for some more. :)

If you are interested in full membership, then take a look at the membership bit of the About section and what it entails (not a lot really, just flying the [SNR] tags in online games and joining in on these forums when you can). Let us know if you'd like full membership.

In the meantime, I've given you a bit more access to the site so you can now see our events section and post in the Playstation 3 and Other Platforms section of our website.

Hope to see you online again soon. :thumbup:

19. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    Hello Ian welcome to our community. I see you're one of few that owned a GameGear. Brilliant little machine, but released too soon. What games did you have for this? I played Rise of the Robots and The Hulk to bits :)

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Was a good few games last night and we all did well, Ian shot the poop out of me numerous times, sure was fun :D hope to have you on my team next time. He's a great medic and got lots of revives good show

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice