Elite : Dangerous

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

The time has come for the world to unite and expand it's reach across the galaxy! Rally the masses and arm your ship as the monetary battle has commenced! Trade, explore, fight or flight and leave your mark on the universe but remember; in space no one can hear you scream.

David Braben co-author and rights holder to the Elite franchise has put together a kick starter for pushing the boundaries once more. :woot:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would love this to be good and its been along time since we had a game like this, but to me David braben is a bit like Peter Molyneux, lots of ideas, but not so good on actually getting products out the door, so I am not holding my breath.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would love to have some spare money to back a project like this however my funds are low and my PC would need renewing , so ............ i'm out.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It would seem the project isn't unique but it took the announcement of an Elite sequel for me to take a good look around the net to see what others have been saying. I feel that I'm a little out of touch but then I've been a console gamer for long and long because I was bored with the ultra expensive hardware chase that became a factor of PC gaming during the 90s. Although that hardware chase does seem to have levelled out as the cost of developing a title able to use the hardware has risen to astronomical levels effectively introducing a financial cap.

Anyway, rumours are there will be more information about Dangerous released over the next few days so I'm going to hold off with my blog post about it but let me leave you with this from the projects seeming direct competitor.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Will it be PC only though?

I think that'd be a silly move - consoles are crying out for a space-based title and
there's a massive support base there.

Frontier have been developing for consoles too recently.

Definitely game for this though I'll end up waiting for the Mac port if it's not console based.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I posted a thread about a Frontier clone, Can't remember what It's called now.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah Pioneer. There's also a good remake of the original; Oolite.