• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PC Elite Dangerous

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

The premium beta (a bargain at just £100!) is available now.
http://elite.frontier.co.uk
It does look the business though.

Given it looks like I'm going to be re-joining the ranks of the desktop PC render machine,
this is will be installed (along with Homeworld 2) and then lots of a/v apps.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This will come to the PS4 at some point so I'll wait until then.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Been following this on Facebook, Looks awesome.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This will come to the PS4 at some point so I'll wait until then.
Could be a while though. The next project is the Mac release which is currently penciled in a 3 months after.

Also, I believe Frontier intend to optimise the code but at present it is some pretty serious spec required for only half a game...

• Direct X 11
  • Quad Core CPU ( 4 x 2Ghz is a reasonable minimum)
  • 2 GB System RAM (more is always better)
  • DX 10 hardware GPU with 1GB video ram
    Nvidia GTX 260
    ATI 4870HD
  • Internet connection

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like a prettier version of X2 - the threat & X3 - reunion.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Oh , the memories of Elite,,,,
if it were £50 , I would go for it, even if it's a beta.
Don't know if I can wait for the PS 4 version to come out

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like a prettier version of X2 - the threat & X3 - reunion.
I thought X2 & X3 were more strategy based? Could be completely wrong though as haven't tried either.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I believe it includes all future expansions in the price & having watched how recent season passes etc are priced it will probably work out around the same...

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought X2 were more strategy based? Could be completely wrong though as haven't tried either.
Complete free for all. You could do the story, be an entrepreneur, be a pirate or just explore.

Hugh learning curve but was a good game(s).

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is taking too long I wanted it two years ago now its just dragging :D not paying £100 for something that might not arrive for another year

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is taking too long I wanted it two years ago now its just dragging :D not paying £100 for something that might not arrive for another year
That's the trouble with independently funded projects :(, especially on a project of this size

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There is a single player beta program for £50, but who wants to play with themselves these days :?

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If it plays as good as it looks in the latest videos this will give EVE:Valkyrie a run for its money

They've even kept the annoying docking procedure, which was a pain in the bum to do in the original

Last edited:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With the influx of zombie survival games taking over, this will be a good change of pace. It's something I'll be keeping my eye on

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wow was watching DaSquirrelsNuts stream this a few days ago and almost hit up the current available to play beta version but $70 is a little too much for me. I was confusing this with RSI Star Citizen which is currently standing at $49,025,442 FUNDS RAISED :O thats alot of money for a crowd funded game.

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm in the mood for Elite but i won't be playing Elite Dangerous till it's had it's retail release, so I've just got myself Frontier First Encounters. Since it's Shareware you can get it from here

Dangerous looks like it's going to be one hell of a game.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been pretty quiet for the last few months. I wasnt overwhelmed with Destiny and Warframe seems a bit hard to get back into. I was thinking about getting GTA V, but i've done that , been there and its pretty much just a polished of the PS3 game so i wont be going down that road. I am getting watch dogs on PS4 as its pretty cheap now (£14) and have far cry 4 pre ordered.
This though is really getting me excited.
The latest beta V3.04 has been out for a couple of weeks and as stated on other threads the full game is out on December .
At the moment its pretty buggy, and I can seen a lot of frustration from those who buy it on launch as I can see it still having lots of bugs. Its probably being pushed out a bit too early , so if you get annoyed by buggy games I wouldn't recommend it . I however can live with a few hiccups so i've decided to get it pretty soon and my mother s giving me the £50 for Christmas so what better to spend it on a game that holds great memories.
Fifty quid seems a fair price for this awesome game.
I am not good on a mouse / keyboard so will be using my
Thrustmaster Hotas x which i got for the PS3 with this game.
Does anyone else play the Beta and who is thinking about getting this?

Last edited:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Save your £14, I wouldn't bother with Watch_Dogs. Had a quick go on Warframe tonight and it all came back easily.

Queen Bloodfairy has just got Shadows of Mordor which looks good. Pity she's gonna get kicked off that machine soon.

I'm waiting for Assassins Creed Unity, like the look of that and you can team up with 3 others.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ace come to mine tomorrow afternoon around 4 or 5pm and i will loan you my WatchDogs for a couple of weeks.

Not played the Beta was waiting for release, seems the best way with games these days especially as most are broken on release.