PS4 Elite Dangerous coming to PS4

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sag A sounds like a winner! Guess I'll want to modify my ship to max the jump distance.
Again Felicity Farseer is your friend, unlock is just a meta alloy that you can buy from Maia in Pleaides.

Unlock requirements are:

MEETING REQUIREMENTS
Gain exploration rank Scout or higher.

UNLOCK REQUIREMENTS
Provide 1 unit of Meta Alloys.

If you haven't used her before, once unlocked log out and back in again to get the game to recognise your achievement.

FSD Increased Range, most of the mats are data mats, which you can get from just scanning ships (target select and point nose of ship at target) Higher ones can be obtained witha wake scanner outsode ofa star port or at a Nav Beacon, just scan the wakes when NPC's jump out.

If its your first time with her the number of attempts per level might be high 9+ to unlock next level, so you could need alot of mats to get FSD grade 5. Look at the Deep Charge experimental affect, as this increases range for smaller ships, larger ones go for Mass Manager.

If you can get a ship to give you 45+Ly range then you will have no issues about having to jump through systems that are unscoopable. Rememeber its not about how quickly you get there, but how many stars (or more importantly planets) you scan on the way.

The following although done back for 2.3 is a great guide as to what pays out the money...

Note just honking pays out a pitance.

Its the High Metal Content and water worlds that if they are terraformable really give you a Brucie Bonus! But scanning 5 HMC's with the DSS should give you about 150K and you get another Brucie Bonus if its the first time its been discovered.

And remember DONT DIE! You fly too close to the star and damage yiourself and then later on die all that exploration data is lost! So be very very careful! ;)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks again @c00ky - I've already hooked up for some Farseer action on my Cobra, will look into whether it's best to soup up the Asp or take a smaller ship. My jump distance is currently around 22.5Ly so increasing that would definitely be beneficial. I think the improvements to engineers should help here too.

The rest of this info is gold-dust though - I'll replace my interdiction beastie with a DSS next time I have a chance.

re: DON'T DIE - thankfully I have a technique for that now, it includes yanking the network cable then quitting, assuming I'm not AFK! ;)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Thanks again @c00ky - I've already hooked up for some Farseer action on my Cobra, will look into whether it's best to soup up the Asp or take a smaller ship. My jump distance is currently around 22.5Ly so increasing that would definitely be beneficial. I think the improvements to engineers should help here too.

The rest of this info is gold-dust though - I'll replace my interdiction beastie with a DSS next time I have a chance.

re: DON'T DIE - thankfully I have a technique for that now, it includes yanking the network cable then quitting, assuming I'm not AFK! ;)

You could get up to 35Ly in a Cobra, here is a stripped down version with 2 SRV's (so you can die once on a planet ;) The jump range is based on the older FSD boost engineer mod.

Coriolis EDCD Edition

Or an ASP... Felicity could get you to the magic 46Ly range...
Coriolis EDCD Edition

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You could get up to 35Ly in a Cobra, here is a stripped down version with 2 SRV's (so you can die once on a planet ;) The jump range is based on the older FSD boost engineer mod.

Coriolis EDCD Edition

Or an ASP... Felicity could get you to the magic 46Ly range...
Coriolis EDCD Edition
Thank you - think my Cobra isn't that far off that jump range already so will head her way after visiting Sirius, see how much of a grind it be to boost the Asp & make a decision from there.

Thank you again!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
FYI servers are down.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Blimey you posted that at 05:19!!
Yeah, was in bed by 10 last night so was wide awake at 4! Tried to log in, wasn't working so watched the second half of Patema Inverted then tried to log in again. No joy so checked the server status & posted. :)

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Patch 3.0.3 is being rolled out today across all platforms, this fixes the headlook issue on the PS4 controller.

servers are down at the mo. I believe.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Patch 3.0.3 is being rolled out today across all platforms, this fixes the headlook issue on the PS4 controller.

servers are down at the mo. I believe.
Headlook issue?
Is that when it is looking completely the opposite (or random) way from how you are tilting?

TBH I've disabled that via the HOTAS4 & assigned the key (R3?) to target enemy. The unassigned nearby fire button to the right (L2), I've assigned to change firegroup.

Quickly nashed to Sirius & did a few Qwent modifications on Friday. Still need to decide what my next course of action will be. Probably visiting the Farseer with my Asp as suggested!

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date
Greetings Commanders,

We are pleased to announce that Chapter Two of the Beyond series of updates is right around the corner. In just under a month, you’ll be able to get your hands on the Alliance’s newest Chieftain variant: the Alliance Challenger. We’ve also got a selection of new wing missions, installation interactions, new settlements to explore and, to combat the ever-growing and ever-encroaching Thargoid threat, a cache of new Guardian weapons and technology from the Tech Brokers.

And… you’ll be able to explore it all for yourselves on June 28.

This is the first of the two smaller instalments coming as part of the Elite Dangerous Beyond series of updates, with a larger coming in Q4 of this year, bringing Squadrons and improvements to Mining and Exploration, and much more! If you’d like to contribute ideas and find out more about what’s coming in the Q4 update, please check out our Focused Feedback forums here.

Please find a summary of Chapter Two’s content below.

Summary of features:

New Ship: Challenger
The Alliance continue to refine their warships in the face of the looming Thargoid threat. The Alliance Challenger, envisaged as a frontline combat vessel, has stronger armour than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.

Wing Missions
First introduced in Chapter One of Beyond, we are introducing a Wing Mining Missions for you and your fellow Commanders to take on!

Installation Interactions
In a similar fashion to the Megaship interactions, which were introduced in Chapter One, Commanders will now be able to scan and interact with Space Installations.
  • Scan – Scanning the installation will allow Commanders to see what they can interact with: Turrets, Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
  • Turret hack – Disable turrets protecting other potential hackable points. This will deactivate security measures put in place to protect the Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
  • Comms array – Get tradable data from the Comms Array.
  • Cargo bay – Fire a limpet on the Cargo Bay to unlock and steal commodities and materials.

Tech Broker
Tech Brokers will allow commanders to unlock large weapons versions of the existing guardian tech weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue blueprint requests to collect Guardian data as well as materials and then, once delivered, will unlock certain Guardian modules of weapons for purchase. Will you turn you weapons on Thargoid or use them to pirate rival Commanders?

Thargoid
Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace! With the Alliance introducing a new ship, the Thargoids intend to up their game too, introducing new Scouts that will buff other Scouts and increase their combat efficiency.

Redacted
* * * ERROR * * *

A full list of details and changes will be available in a changelog at launch.

We’d love to hear what you think about this next instalment of the Beyond series of updates and can’t wait to let you discover all the content ingame!

Source: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Release Date

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Krait confirmed for June 28 Beyond Chapter 2 release

While a variant ship, the Alliance Challenger - an armoured version of the Chieftain was "officially" announced, the release video teased a second ship.

The Frontier forums gave us the following details on Beyond Chapter 2: here

Beyond Chapter 2 Release Notes

New Ship: Challenger

The Alliance continue to refine their warships in the face of the looming Thargoid threat. The Alliance Challenger, envisaged as a frontline combat vessel, has stronger armour than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.

Wing Missions
First introduced in Chapter One of Beyond, we are introducing a Wing Mining Missions for you and your fellow Commanders to take on!

Installation Interactions
In a similar fashion to the Megaship interactions, which were introduced in Chapter One, Commanders will now be able to scan and interact with Space Installations.

• Scan – Scanning the installation will allow Commanders to see what they can interact with: Turrets, Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
  • Turret hack – Disable turrets protecting other potential hackable points. This will deactivate security measures put in place to protect the Comms Arrays and Cargo Bays.
  • Comms array – Get tradable data from the Comms Array.
  • Cargo bay – Fire a limpet on the Cargo Bay to unlock and steal commodities and materials.

Tech Broker
Tech Brokers will allow commanders to unlock large weapons versions of the existing guardian tech weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue blueprint requests to collect Guardian data as well as materials and then, once delivered, will unlock certain Guardian modules of weapons for purchase. Will you turn you weapons on Thargoid or use them to pirate rival Commanders?

Thargoid
Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace! With the Alliance introducing a new ship, the Thargoids intend to up their game too, introducing new Scouts that will buff other Scouts and increase their combat efficiency.

As you can see in the trailer (above) the video shows the rather distinctive rear of the new Krait heavy fighter. Recognisable from the 3D render video teaser at Frontier Expo last October (here).

Since you don't spend a significant percentage of your teaser trailer showing the back-end of the Krait if you're notgoing to release it, then we have visual if not verbal confirmation that the Krait will be introduced to Elite at the end of the month.

Matching rears - the Krait

So what do we know about this new ship?

• It has a fighter bay.
  • It has more than one crew position, so almost certainly supports multi-crew.
  • Frontier stated at the Expo that the Krait was an Alliance ship.
  • It only has two visible hard-points in the render, which appear to be huge (Class 4) which makes this ship a "Vulture XL" in many ways or a super-agile big brother to the likes of the Keelback.
  • Based on sizes extrapolated from the the video render, based on the known sizes of cargo hatches & fighter bay doors, the ship is approximately 62m long x 62m wide, making it a medium sized ship a little larger than an Asp Scout.

Unless there's a Beta release of Beyond Chapter 2, which seems unlikely considering that we're less that four weeksfrom the release date, then the subject of ship cost and performance will have to wait until the end of this month to be answered. Expect a ship blueprint a few weeks after that! :)

Source: http://www.elite-dangerous-blog.co.uk/post/Krait-confirmed-for-June-28-Beyond-Chapter-2-release

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Picked this game up again after a few months of absence. Took my Asp on a 4500 lightyear trip back home. My exploration trip has earned me about 10mil in credits and a few dozen star systems with my name on it.

Now figuring out what to do next...

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Haven't had the pleasure yet. I first needed to trim my beard as I forgot to pack my hygiene products for my trip. That reminds me, brush teeth.

Are they nice folk?
I heard they were on their way over, so pulled the curtains to & disabled the buzzer as I didn't feel quite ready either. :shock:

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Bought myself a nice Vulture, so ready for a warm welcome :geek:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Feast your eyes on the Krait Mk II in the latest Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two cinematic

One of Elite’s original fighters, the Krait, is getting a redesign and reissue in Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two, the next free update to Frontier Development’s vast space game.

The light fighter has been redesigned in the spirit of the original, but, as you can see in the latest instalment of The Commander Chronicles series of cinematic shorts from the world of Elite Dangerous, it's been significantly upgraded in the Mk II generation.

“You might think of the Krait Mk II as analogous to modern updates of the real-world Mini Cooper or Volkswagen Beetle,” narrative lead Ian Dingwall tells us. “It’s a reimagining of a classic that connects conceptually and aesthetically with the ship from 1984s Elite, while offering enough innovation and quality to compete with contemporary rivals in Elite Dangerous. While the Mk II embodies the essence of the original, it’s very much its own ship."