c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Although my work projec5 is eating up my weekend time I have managed to download the beta - the Chieftain is a great step up from Vulture and the engineer tweaks I actually like, plus the trading tweaks ar d as wel. I think the Beta will run a month the be available onPS4
That's good news. I was considering reinstalling the pc version again however i'm nowhere near as deep in that version!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If PS4 had come out at same time as PC version, I would have stuck with PS4 as its more accessible from a playability point of view. But stupid me basically bought a PC just to play Elite and a HOTAS, and a headlook and voice attack. So I feel guilty not using it!

the great thing is that when 3.0 drops its for all platforms at the same time, its just i think the Beta may be at least a 3-4 week period.

They have tweaked engineer mods, so new engineers should give you better results than old, plus the pinning option now allows you to modify G1-G5 of a specific Mod at any starport with outfitting. Plus the new material broker allows you to convert one type of mat to another (at a loss of some sorts) but means you shouldn't have to spend millions of hours looking for core dynamics composites or whatever.

The trade update allows you to compare prices remotely with locations you have visited, or buy the trade data, so you can search for the most profitable route from within game. I haven't tried this out yet, but may be home at a reasonable time tonight to be able to get on the Beta for an hour or so and try it out.

The other bugger is that my kids now use my PS4 (well its "Ours" now ;)) to do their own gaming, so I either have to help my youngest in Minecraft Storymode or watch them roleplay house building, food growing, clothes shopping, decorating etc. in Minecraft for real

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All sounds good though finding the time is the biggest stumbling block to my progression!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From reading Reddit it appears that there is a Bug/Feature that allowed nefarious persons to transport a ship via the ship transfer option that was full of cargo, as this cargo was the UA's that normally corrode your ship, this allowed them to get the shutdown stuff to the Megaship without penalty.

FDev are aware of the perpetrators and will be taking steps according to their statement, alot of players have worked out who the idiot was and they are apparently on quite a few in game KOS lists. And in the mean time a bucket load of crazy commanders have shipped the fixing thargoid item, and have overloaded the ship with them, so further attempts by the dicks doing this will be thwarted.

I saw some twitch chat from the guy who has the terminal cancer Doveenigma13 explaining how angry he was when he found out what was happening, and then how blown away he was by the response by the Elite Community.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
KOS? Kill on sight?
Yes, although for the people doing it I think they were already PVP players who probably wouldn’t care and like to stretch the rules as far as possible and don’t apply real world morals to in game charity events.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yes, although for the people doing it I think they were already PVP players who probably wouldn’t care and like to stretch the rules as far as possible and don’t apply real world morals to in game charity events.
Sounds like the SDC.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds like the SDC.
NO, SDC actually came out and said that they don't support this attack. I think the person involved has very few online friends at the mo!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Beta 3.0 ends Feb 9th! So I am guessing March 1st latest release across all platforms!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Beta 3.0 ends Feb 9th! So I am guessing March 1st latest release across all platforms!
Awesome news. Almost home and this seems the perfect pace for me tonight - still need to meet some Klingons, sorry Reptons, sorry Thargoids!