PS4 Elite Dangerous coming to PS4

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was on PC tonight (I know I will don the custard pie of shame and sit in the understairs cupboard of contemplation) and hooked up with my bruv and 2 randoms in the Mobius group and went Thargoid Hunting. ToCoSo my brother died twice, I survived with 10% hull under corrosive damage in one and suffered blown canopies in both successful kills we managed.

It was a blast! Thargoids are challlenging, scary and a great experience in a group!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Before the nerf it took me andf3 others players in a wing each with 4 AX missile pylons to take down a single Thargoid, post nerf even SDC's 20 players all at once only get thargoid down to 80% health (that it heals almost instantly).

It means that currently, only friendly interactions are available. feeding Meta alloys seems to attract more of them.

The CG for the Multi Cannons ends tonight, it may be that tonight you can have a go at the 8 winged wonders, i think it will now taker mixture of missiles and MC fire to take one down.

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
From the expo, presumably the type 10 and another Thargoid race; the passed off one not the passive ones we opened fire on.
Screenshot_20171007-185146.png
Screenshot_20171007-185057.png
Screenshot_20171007-185045.png

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Plus - no more beige planets, krait and chieftain ships, mining update, exploration buff, wing only missions, squadrons and other stuffs across all platforms.

FOR FREE!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Plus - no more beige planets, krait and chieftain ships, mining update, exploration buff, wing only missions, squadrons and other stuffs across all platforms.

FOR FREE!
And Galnet audio, exploration anomalies, codex and more cosmetic DLC (The only part that isn’t free, but all the rest is)

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
....and the Chieftain; a Lakon Alliance answer to the current "crisis"

I'm snapping these from the stream on my tablet btw

Screenshot_20171007-192531.png
Screenshot_20171007-192546.png
Screenshot_20171007-192619.png
Screenshot_20171007-192633.png
Screenshot_20171007-192642.png

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The announcment, road map and sneak peeks were excellent.

Managed to have a. Chat with Sandy and Co after the announcement finished, really impressed with what they showed us, there are more ships than what were on the reveal. The squadron transport ship design not yet firmed up but apparently can be vulnerable. The planet de-beigeification and lighting update will improve all assets in games, stars rings asteroids and surfaces. Frontier said they have been watching forums / reddit and taking on board the players discussions to date. The guardian equipment they wouldn’t draw on what they did or if they were utility or weapon slot items.

As far as I am concerned it was stunning what they said they would be doing to the game across 2018.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Livestream at the point where Elite stuffs introduced..

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm so tight I'm not paying for same day delivery and picking it up tomorrow in store on the Bridges (it would only have made a difference of 52p including postage) - which also means I don't have to pay for a dayticket out to Kinnaird park (£4 thus making it more expensive) tonight. Also, I left my store card at home and can't remember the CVV number off-hand.

Therefore expect lots of swearing at Thargoid minions tomorrow as I head in entirely the wrong direction (towards them at speed) as I tweak the sensitivities. I do like how it duplicates the face buttons on the throttle control.

Tonight will be about the Sport Beta & MIDA multi-tools, I reckon. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Last night was exceedingly successful, tonight will be about visiting Thargoids and twerking my hot ass. :)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Another well configured Thrustmaster product.
Spent an hour running through the tutorials and familiarising myself with the layout then on to a sightseeing mission, all good.
Only tweak I made was to change the throttle to "forward only" then setting the redundant L3 button to flick the craft into reverse, meaning the full dynamic range of the throttle could be applied to thrust. Not strictly necessary but helps for fine-tuning the speed. An alternative is using L3 to flick between weapon loadouts, if you aren't a heavy handed oaf like myself.

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob you are going to be flying rings round us in no short time!

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob you are going to be flying rings round us in no short time!
LOL - yeah right! It does handle very well though!

Tempted to tweak the POV hat to be used for landings but it really isn't strictly necessary with the thrusters assigned on the throttle control. The muscle memory was starting to kick in the other night and hoping to be on again tonight. I'll have timed out on my passenger mission now but may as well finish it then have a look at the CG.

QUESTION:. Does anybody have any "must have" Android apps or websites on the go when playing? With the Hotas split in 2 for a more comfortable position, there is space in between to have my tablet out for referring to routes and the like.