The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

E3 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slaine, 3 Jan 2013.

1. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Only 158 days to the next E3 on 11th June. Exciting because it is highly probable that there could be a reveal of the new next generation of consoles.

I say highly probable, because Major Nelson (Xbox mouthpiece) has a countdown to E3 this year on his website. The schedule of games for both systems is decidedly light, and its the first time hes ever teased about an upcoming computer event so. Why make a big deal out of a very light release schedule?!?!? And if Microsoft are planning a reveal, then surely Sony wont want to be left out in the cold?!?!? Food for thought eh.......

Exciting!!! :mrgreen:

2. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I too am very excited about announcements at E3 this year, I've not been excited at all about E3 since before the PS3 came out.

I'm fully expecting Sony and Microsoft to play the new hardware card this time around (and not new revisions of the existing hardware) as I think their hand has been forced with Valve announcing they will be releasing a console in 2013.

The dev kits for the Xbox720 have been around for a while and confirmed as legit (as best as you could ever get confirmation at least).

I feel that linking all this information together will see both Microsoft and Sony finalising the spec of their new machines early this year, with announcements and possibly even prototypes at E3 showing off what they can do and with any luck a console release for Christmas.

It seems like a lot to get in before Christmas though and it makes me wonder if the SteamBox will be the only next gen system to get released pre-2014.

Whatever you take from recent gaming news though, we should certainly start seeing some very exciting hardware news this year.

3. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'm sure there has been 2 Dev kits for the new xbox. I'm excited but really don't want to get my hopes up for a E3 release of either.

4. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Aren't the XBox devs kits already in the shops. Think they call them PCs ;) .

5. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    There's been two different specs of "Durango" already, with a third apparently due from what i've read.

I doubt very much that we'll see the consoles released by E3, but the dev kits have been out for well over a year already so a release of the console for Christmas isn't really stretching it all that much, I don't think that showcasing some stuff at E3 should be too much of a stretch either.

They've tried to keep things very quiet this time around and if we follow what's happened in the past then it's generally a good year or more after a console gets announced officially that we see the hardware in the shops, so six months this time around would be a fairly drastic change.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but will likely end up with a home made steam box if we aren't getting the next PS/XBOX this year. Then probably pick the others up later.

6. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'm seriously considering this, with the likes of origin and steam games are half to quarter of the price of console games with better Gfx and with less lag. I'm very much in two minds, if I get a PC I can sit in another room and play all night :D but is it worth it in the long run. My partner will leave me if I did that.

7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I'm probably gonna hold off until E3 and see what happens there, see if we get anything on price point and release dates.

But yeah, after seeing the Jackfrags vid on how to make your own steambox for under £300 I'm very tempted to save up and do that.

I would be making a system for my living room though, so not a desk/mouse/keyboard setup, my gaming would remain on my living room TV.

8. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I am certainly going to be biuilding a new pc later this month. Going to start a new thread about this later today.

9. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    You'll enjoy building your own PC. I build my own now. Are you going Intel or AMD? I prefer AMD.

It's the software that's the hardest as that's where most problems happen.

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    The software shouldn't really become an issue, but that's undoubtedly where you'll get issues when building your own PC as there's not always perfect compatibility between hardware components/drivers.

That's the only advantage of buying a ready made PC.

I've not had a PC for a long time now, had laptop/macbook for the last 8 years or so now, but building a PC is a breeze, the hardest part is the research on parts to ensure they are all compatible with each other. I'd like to hope that's not as bad an issue as it used to be as things become more standardised too.

I'll likely go with the intel Chipsets and CPU so that I can have a play at installing OSX but I don't think there's a particular gap between AMD and Intel these days, AMD certainly don't have the bang for buck advantage they used to have over Intel.

11. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    AMD is cheaper then Intel and currently isn't that far off its Intel counterparts much better value for money. I'm thinking about it too Ace really wanna start playing Day z or Arma 2. I think the £400 mark is gonna be best for a good build including OS might buy parts each month and try and build it as a project rather then throwing money at something I can afford.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice