Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Monday looks set to be a busy day.

Microsoft 09:30-11:00am PDT
EA 13:00pm PDT
Ubisoft 15:00 PDT
Sony 18:00 PDT

PDT is -7 hours behind us, so the Microsoft conference is 16:30pm over here, as is Sonys at 01:00am. Not planning on watching anything other than the Microsoft conference, and not because Im a fanboy, or I want to watch them balls it up all over again. Just dont fancy staying up late is all!!:lol:

And no Nintendo at all this year. Cant say I blame them, out of all the gaming Execs, theyve got the most cringeworthy (Microsoft has the most smarmy coupled with the title "People I'd Most Like To Hit In The Face"), and none of their conferences have done them any favours. Still, I suppose the casual market doesnt bother watching E3, so why bother yourself?

Very curious to see what happens this E3. Going to be a lot of announcements, and not just about games. I'm hoping to see further reveals on the capabilities of the PS4 and Xbox One to further wow us, but most of all I want clarification on what theyre doing with DRM on their consoles.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see the EA one, the Sony and Microsoft ones would be a bonus, but Microsoft are doing there's during "children awake" time and Sony are doing their during "**** I need sleep" time so it's unlikely i'll see those.

As much as the clarification on the DRM being brought to the game is needed i'm actually very interested to see what people think of the bump in graphics going from comparably very low end PC stuff at 720p (about what the current gen consoles are doing) compared to 1080p high end PC graphics, which is a HUGE jump in graphics comparable to the difference between PS2 on your old scart cables up to PS3 720p.

I've also got lots of annual leave to take before the end of July, so might have a day off so I can stay up late and watch as much of this as I can.

Also worth noting that several key Youtubers have been invited to E3 by companies such as Ubi and EA to help cover their games. EA are allowing the Youtubers to not only play BF4 multiplayer, but to record their footage!! I know that a couple of youtubers are also going to try to get a hands on with the new CoD, but we'll have to wait and see if it's playable (don't see why not though as it's just a graphics update/patch from what i've seen, no actual core engine differences).

Should be an interesting week!

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Get live coverage of the must-see SCEA press conference from 02:00 BST on 11 June 2013 over at PlayStation.Blog

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll only be watching the EA one then, not a chance i'm staying up until 2am to watch the Sony one.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah sod that, seems like Sony are sticking two fingers up to the whole of Europe.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah sod that, seems like Sony are sticking two fingers up to the whole of Europe.
PMSL - I guess Microsoft are sticking two fingers up to anyone in Europe with a family then...oh and anyone in the US with a job....doesn't leave a great target audience for their overpriced TV box.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony, neglecting Europe?!?!?! Surely not:mock:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PMSL - I guess Microsoft are sticking two fingers up to anyone in Europe with a family then...oh and anyone in the US with a job....doesn't leave a great target audience for their overpriced TV box.
Yeah they are :D Suppose you cant please all of the people all of the time.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I shall just wait for the succinct and considered Slaine one word review.

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony are sponsoring a London based thing called E-too (sic) so they are hardly sticking any fingers up.
More likely that is just the most popular time state-side for folks to tune in.
isn't like people aren't going to over analyse the youtube replay or anything...

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm gonna predict "Want" to be that word.
I just hope it isnt "Shit" or "Crap". Honestly Microsoft, I dont think you can do any worse.:1thumbdown::roll:

@zoob Yeah I saw this advertised a while ago too. Looks pretty good, and I wish I had the money to attend (train from where I am is well expensive).

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sony are sponsoring a London based thing called E-too (sic) so they are hardly sticking any fingers up.
More likely that is just the most popular time state-side for folks to tune in.
isn't like people aren't going to over analyse the youtube replay or anything...
Well yeah of course, but they could have had it at the most popular time for Europeans to tune in.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Official Xbox website now lists the start time as 17:30pm GMT. So yes, add one another hour to the times listed in my first post