PS4 DRIVECLUB

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New DRIVECLUB PS4 video – behind the scenes at Evolution Studios

Hi everyone, I’m proud to represent the very talented team here at Evolution Studios, and to introduce this video, which shows some of our key team members involved in the brilliant “Conversations with CreatorsPS4 video series.

It’s been our ambition for nearly 10 years to create a powerfully connected racer that lets you have fun in the world’s best cars, on the world’s fastest roads, sharing the experience with your friends in a Club. A racer that keeps you constantly connected with the community – a connected community of clubs that’s not about posting status updates at every opportunity, but about sending and playing challenges and always racing together to achieve more.

You can keep up to speed with DRIVECLUB right here on PlayStation Blog, but you should like the officialFacebook page and follow DRIVECLUB on Twitter to make sure you never miss an update about the game. Especially with E3 coming up quickly – you won’t want to miss a thing!

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

If you missed the original announcement back in February, here's the video from that:

farfromsane

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I really want to play this game, It looks great and hopefully it plays great.

Depending on DRM issues i might end up missing out on this and next Gen gaming

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
*Rumour* Free to ps+ subscribers :@ hope that's true

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Jkrohn1 Quote from PS blog so its official

To celebrate the launch of PlayStation Plus on PS4, we will offer #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition in the Instant Game Collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
So what's a PS Plus Edition though :-\

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Just had a tweet the Plus edition is a free to play version but you need to buy cars and tracks to totally unlock the game. Not sure about pricing but sounds like they will get there moneys worth from it only time will tell. Although i will end up getting it ill work out the cost Standard Vs Plus then make my mind up. Seems nice all the same as you will be able to play SP and MP in the plus edition, only problem is if your cars are poo you wont get far.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I just read a tweet that said It takes 1.5 hours to drive from one end of the map to the other. Don't know how true that Is. Oinch of salt and all that.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I just read a tweet that said It takes 1.5 hours to drive from one end of the map to the other. Don't know how true that Is. Oinch of salt and all that.
I can think of another game that had a map of this size: Fuel. It flopped because of the bad MP. I hope they'll do a better job with this game.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HERMAN_JELMET said:
I just read a tweet that said It takes 1.5 hours to drive from one end of the map to the other. Don't know how true that Is. Oinch of salt and all that.​
I can think of another game that had a map of this size: Fuel. It flopped because of the bad MP. I hope they'll do a better job with this game.
Hang on, I may have got this confused with The Crew. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I think you did lol

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Drive Club gameplay - CVG's video team has captured new gameplay footage of the PS4 launch game Drive Club. The off-screen footage was taken at Sony's closed-doors PlayStation 4 event in London on Thursday.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That totally reminds me of Need for Speed.

I mean the very first Need for Speed where you drove along a single road and couldn't change route....only without the excitement of other cars.

Nice graphics...but that looks properly shit....and they should have kept the camera locked to first person (that was this game they said they were doing that with right?) because that third person view is a horrible angle.

At least we'll all get this for free anyway (albeit a trimmed down version) so we can see just how good/bad it is before paying any cash.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Isnt that still the pre-alpha code, something like 35% complete.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Isnt that still the pre-alpha code, something like 35% complete.
35% complete at this stage isn't good since they first showed this game a good few months ago now and there's only about the same time left to launch.

I dunno, just not impressed at all with this title, I don't think the "I wanna have sex with cars" guy that first introduced it helps, but it just doesn't look very good.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Must admit, as much as I like racing games the jury is still out on this, but I'm not going to write it off just yet.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
The game must be ready they will just be cleaning up the retail any tech demos will be alpha and beta version

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New #DRIVECLUB video: Access goes hands-on with the PS4 racer

Hello PlayStation Blog! Life is brilliant at the moment, isn’t it? Andy Murray’s won Wimbledon, the weather is cracking, and it’s PS4 Week over on PlayStation Access. We’ve got loads of awesome PS4 content, including hands-on with the DualShock 4, a first look at the stunning PS4 discovery app, Playroom, and a meaty play-through of Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Today however, it’s all about #DRIVECLUB – the incredible PS4 launch title from Evolution Studios that pits you against your mates by seamlessly integrating single player and online multiplayer.

We’ve got an interview with #DRIVECLUB Community Manager Jamie Brayshaw, plus loads of brand new gameplay footage taken from last week’s PlayStation 4 Showcase in London.

Enjoy the video, and don’t forget to check back all this week on PlayStation Access, where we’ll have loads more PS4 content waiting for you.

Source: EU PlayStation Blog

The game seems to be shaping up nicely. Could be a nice one to play as a community especially with everyone will be getting a version of it with PS Plus.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
I think this game is trying to take the crown away from Forza on the 360, which I still believe is the greatest racing game on the market. Gran Turismo is old hat now and I think it's on borrowed time, I think Sony know this too hence why we are seeing Drive cub. If this game plays as good as the videos and are as good as people who played it at the shows is is gonna be great.

Only problem I have is the ps+ edition, is it basically a trial/demo and will Sony still manage to pull the purse strings and get people to get there wallets out in order to get the most out of it.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Driveclub dev clarifies some free edition contents, no split-screen for either version

Driveclub developer Evolution Studions has posted some new details on the free edition of its racer on NeoGAF, confirming that it’s “the full game minus a few cars/tracks.”

Posting in this NeoGAF thread, Driveclub’s design director Paul Rustchynsky spooled off the following answers to user questions:
  • There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edition from the PS+ edition, but prices won’t be announced for a few more weeks yet.
  • When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition which doesn’t require a PS+ subscription.
  • You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.
  • Rear-view mirrors as you’ve seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment – you’d be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.
  • We are working on a photo mode, but that’s all I can say about it right now.
  • You guys wanted uncompressed footage and obviously the PS4 capture utilises some form of video compression to ensure the videos aren’t ridiculously large (the raw direct feed videos we captured are 6GB for 2 minutes of footage).
  • We’re working on alternative solutions for trying to get the highest quality vids up online quickly by ourselves.
  • No Split-Screen I’m afraid
I saw Driveclub at gamescom a few weeks ago. Here’s what I thought.

Driveclub is a PS4 launch title dropping November 15 in North America and November 29 across Europe.

Source: VGA247