• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Dragon's Teeth DLC - Impressions

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Downloaded the DLC through my premium subscription and played about 1 hour this morning.

I have to say I am impressed with the maps, especially the Chain link mode.

Lots more infantry battles and hardly any vehicles at all.

I do recognise "assets" from other maps but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment at all.

These maps, Naval Strike and the base BF4 maps are my favorites!

woohoo!

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll download the DLC later, but I doubt I will be on to play it for a while. I want to give Destiny a play to see if it's one to buy for me. :)

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Eh? Are you being sarcastic or something? I don't understand.
I had about 3 hours sleep last night. My brain (such as it is) is at home in a box today. I may or may not make sense tomorrow. :crazy: :wtf:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I quite like the new maps too. Very COD. And I think chainlink is inspired. A very fast paced and shorter conquest game, where you practically have to sit on the flag. My only gripe is tha some of the trophies are going to be beyond my skills.

Wilks

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've played a couple of hours on these and they are very good. Some maps can be frustrating at times due to being very sniper friendly thanks to rooftops and high vantage points but overall my favourite DLC.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'll have a play on this later. Being forced out on the road bike despite trying to wangle out of it. Apparently I'm high maintenance. Anyway whose about later?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My only gripe is tha some of the trophies are going to be beyond my skills.
There's only one that could pose a challenge and that's get 5 kills with the RAWR in a round.....but because you can keep grabbing the RAWR and using it if you concentrate on that rather than the objective it should be achievable.

I had a bit play last night with @themaskedmarvel and @c00ky and whilst it seemed a little laggy at times the DLC is actually pretty good....certainly a lot different from the other DLC's we've had so far....this for me is the 'Aftermath' of BF4, I'd happily see these maps in rotation with the vanilla maps.

There is one of the maps that is crap though, it's too vertical, everyone seems to think it doesn't play as well from what i've read and seen but the other three are excellent and that one may play well on the bigger game modes.

Chainlink I wasn't sure on initially and I think it depends on which map it's played on, again the very vertical map is really poor with this game mode but the others seem really good and the way the game mode works is really enjoyable and intense without it strongly favouring those who have aiming skills as if they're on speed.

Some nice new additions with the assignments too for those like me that enjoy chasing those.

Oh and they'll likely patch the DEAGLE soon, that thing is pretty unbalanced as it stands, again this is something i'd seen someone else say (JackFrags) and when I was playing realised it's clearly much better than all the other handguns.

Bogus4Real

Help with spellign, anyone!?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to test these maps out in a couple of weeks!!

c00ky

Good for target practice
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@Bogus4Real there is a bug, apparently all Scandinavian counties are unable to play these, Dice are looking into this and will advise in a month or two....

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well, I had my first go on this tonight (TWSS) and it's pretty good so far. As @ColSonders says though, the Desert Eagle is massively overpowered. So, that's not gonna be annoying.

But yeah, good stuff!

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love em! Best dlc for bf4 so far! Personally I wouldn't say they were like cod but I can see where you are coming from

Fav out the 4 is probably pearl market! It's bloody manic :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I still haven't played them. Tried yesterday but kept saying there was no servers!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Fav out the 4 is probably pearl market! It's bloody manic :)
I totally agree with the 'best dlc for BF4 so far' but Pearl Market is my least favourite....by a long way, there's just too much verticality to it.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pearl market reminds me of grand bizarre I enjoyed that so much! This is just on a larger scale, love being able to get almost anywhere too, you never know what's around the corner!

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
nice but laggy, so very laggy

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Pearl market reminds me of grand bizarre I enjoyed that so much! This is just on a larger scale, love being able to get almost anywhere too, you never know what's around the corner!
Yeah I loved Grand Bazaar but it was very linear, where as Pearl Necklace is anything but linear, people can come at you from any angle, including mostly from above/below you, it just seems like using any kind of tactics is going to be difficult because there's just so many routes.

Still, it goes to show that it doesn't matter what DICE do they'll not please everyone....although I agree with @yinkin that the lag is back with a vengeance, I went into my settings to see if my anti-lag settings had been restored to default after going back to getting shot very consistently around corners and having some very odd moments of no hit markers and stuff.

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Grand bizarre! My bad lol.... I knew it looked wrong but cba to check ...

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Having played them a little more, I like the new maps, but I have a few issues. The lag is back with a veageance, really nasty rubber banding in evidence. It is also obvious that large sections of the maps are cut and paste from previous maps, I dont mind this in itself, I never expected them to do completely new map graphics, but it does lead to a sense of deja vu and a feeling that you have seen it all before somewhere.

On a more specific note Pearl Necklace is just too chaotic and random, there are far too many places to be shot from and too much verticality and nooks and crannies. Every time I have played this map it has been a laggy mess. Bungie were once asked constantly about upping the player count in Halo 2, they said that they had tried it, but above a certain number of players multiplayer games turned into an unfocussed chaotic mess. Pearl Necklace is exactly what they were talking about. This cramming high player counts into games is in some ways one of the reason why the next gen games like Killzone shadowfall have had problems, more players creates peculiar challenges that lower player counts don`t and it needs careful adjustment of game design to accomodate.