• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Dragon Age: Inquisition (and the Dragon Age Keep)

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I loved DA: Origins, and liked DA:2 enough - even with the small map and repeated use of same content - to have pre ordered DA:I a while back.
Anyone else planning on playing this game?

I just got access to the beta of the Dragon Age Keep to prepare for Dragon Age: Inquisition. The keep is where one recreates old playthroughs to get the choices from old games into the new game. Sort of like Mass Effect keeps things if you play on the same system or had in-game options to recreate it. (if it wasn't ME, then it was some other game I forgot about :mrgreen: )

The keep's not working 100% yet, it's beta after all, but I hope they get the syncing fixed soon since I can't remember all my old playthroughs and choices.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ive asked the wife to get it for Xmas for me. I played all the Dragon Age games and expansions on the 360. I really loved them too, so looking forward to this one too. Isnt this the ps4 first rpg? I suppose you could argue Child Of Light and Valiant Hearts are too, but theyre more old school rather than modern rpgs.

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Myeah, depends on your definition I guess, I don't think Child of Light falls into the RPG category and never played Valiant Hearts, but some consider Destiny and Diablo 3 RPGs as well (again: not me though).

For me this will be my first RPG on the PS4 indeed and looking forward to it :)

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
World state updated at the Keep, game downloaded, installed and patched on PS4.... and here I am at work! :rant:

This'll be a slow, long day... :(

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:lol: Isn't it always!
My wife definitely has this for me for Christmas, so I think my waiting time trumps yours!:D

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hope you informed her of the time this game will take :mrgreen:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I hope you informed her of the time this game will take :mrgreen:
You think I'm crazy!?!?! She'd have never bought it for me if she had an inkling. She already thinks I play far too much

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
How you guys finding this game, I am tempted to get it. (It's a call between farcry 4 or this - maybe both depending on Game's Black Friday sale 28th Nov)

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's great so far, think I got about 10 hours in now and still haven't seen or done that much. Lots of codexes etc to read, people to talk to and things to see.
While the characters look a bit meh, the environment looks beautiful, especially considering the size of the game.
I need to get used to the fighting controls, somehow I can't really work with the tactical view and prefer the "action" mode.

Spartansfight

Casual Gamer
Reaction score
Really good game has its glitch's but they will be patched one of the best next gen games iv played so much to do.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Really good game has its glitch's but they will be patched one of the best next gen games iv played so much to do.
Glad to hear nice things about this game, especially sice I've got it for Christmas.

Wizzy

Regular Gamer
Reaction score
Awesome game 90 hours in and still bucket loads to do definitely one of the best buys so far.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Dragon Age: Inquisition now has free multiplayer DLC
Also allows Standard Edition owners to buy Deluxe bonus content.

A couple of new pieces of Dragon Age: Inquisition content have pleasantly snuck up on us.

Available for all platforms, there's the new free multiplayer add-on Destruction. This update adds more combat scenarios to the core game. "Destruction adds new paths to existing destinations," BioWare noted on its Dragon Age blog. "The conflicts raging throughout the world have upset the balance of nature. Wild creatures now roam the battlefield, introducing chaos as they attack both friend and foe."

The other DLC Pack is the Deluxe Upgrade, which allows users who bought the Standard Edition of the game to get all the Deluxe content by spending $9.99 (so about £7) on an upgrade.

This bonus content includes: the Skyhold Throne, Red Hart Halla, Bog Unicorn, a digital soundtrack, Dragon Age Multiplayer Deluxe Edition chests, and the Flames of the Inquisition gear (which itself includes Inquisitor Armour, an Armoured Mount and the Flames of the Inquisition weapon set).

Source: Eurogamer

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
After approximately 130 hours I finished.
Hotdamn, I loved this game!
Only major annoyance is I missed one potential party member... Didn't know they were missable and I'm still cranky about the fact I did miss her :rant:

Other than that, deffo GoT for me.

For those who play this: watch the entire ending credits!
A little plottwist at the end leaving room for DLC or DA4.
I never liked that sob anyways :P

Some might replay, but for me as roleplayer: this was my story and I'll live with the consequences, but it was a good ride!

Can't wait for Witcher 3

PM_1980

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've done just over 30 hours so far and am loving it, gonna take my time with it got a few other games to play wasn't sure about buying it but really glad I did :)