PS3 Download Gran Turismo 6 demo today

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. If you were on PlayStation Blog last week you may be aware that it’s a big day if you are a Gran Turismo fan or fancy yourself as a Sebastian Vettel in the making.

Why? Well, today the free playable demo for Gran Turismo 6 is published on PlayStation Store. The demo is packed with new game content and is your first opportunity to get hands on with Gran Turismo 6due to hit the shops in Winter 2013.

In participating countries* the demo could also be your once-in-a-lifetime chance of a fully-fledged racing career with Nissan – as it is the entry route for the innovative GT Academy competition that takes Gran Turismo players on the incredible journey from the sofa to the Le Mans racetrack.

The GT Academy competition will run from today until 28th July, but regardless of whether you are in a GT Academy country or not the demo will stay live until 31st August. You will also have equal access to the bonus content to be unlocked, plus the chance of bragging rights by getting your name up there on the leaderboard!

More news and information on the GT6 demo can be found on gran-turismo.com. See you on the starting grid!
*GT Academy 2013 includes the following countries: France, Italy, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Germany and Russia.

Last edited:

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had a quick go just now, menus are better, still DS3 unfriendly as most (all ? ) driving games are.
Did 2 laps of the academy thing and was roughly 12 seconds off the pace. Lots of wheel spinning and drifting included. Should be a good one for the wheel owners amongst you. Might have another go at it yet.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Had a quick go just now, menus are better, still DS3 unfriendly as most (all ? ) driving games are.
Saves me bothering to download it then....used to quite like the earlier GT games but the control pad support went to shit when wheels became more popular.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Saves me bothering to download it then....used to quite like the earlier GT games but the control pad support went to shit when wheels became more popular.
If you can use the analogue sticks I would imagine you have better control over throttle input, but I use the buttons for acceleration and braking as I cant get on using the sticks. I know some that use L2 and R2 then use the right stick up and down for gears. Its all too much for my little brain to cope with. :/

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
For all my racing games I use triggers for accelerating and braking and left stick for turning.

But the GT games are just terrible for that setup, the steering is appalling, yet they managed to have D-Pad steering work really well on the first game...and other games still have fantastic support for controller input, such as the recent GRID game.

I have no doubt it's more realistic and that's how a car would more likely respond if trying to control it with a control pad...but it's a game, it should cater for this.