1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Do I have to do a proper intro?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Acnescar, 2 Jul 2012.

1. Acnescar

Acnescar Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Acnescar
    Do we all have to do the proper intro? I mean I was invited here - sort of - by Martok "all hail haloj and martok" I reckon as well most of you will have encountered me on an alternative site that i discovered after years of gaming starting on pong and progressing through games delicatley bashed out on a zx81. Through years spent on Elite "all hail david braben" on my BBC b and giving up smoking with lara on my ps1.Discovering another online playstation clan after getting Socom where I played there for many a year - Martok was the most welcoming member when I first joined there so I reckon that lifes not about what you can tell others but who you know so come on Halo let Martok press the accept button and let me in..........dont make me post 150 words on my gaming history or that I actually have carnal knowledge of the opposite sex.

but oh what do I want? Do i want access to the hallowed members halls or do I just want to be teased by references to more interesting posts that I cant see?

Go on juice me up, I want to see it all. I promise that if I ever play online again I'll sport the correct tag.

I would point out that though that I dont think I've played online for over a year, probably since my fortieth and I dont see that changing for a while so thats a pretty big if these days.

Acne

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Acnerscar nice to have you aboard sir!!

3. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Hi acnescar :wave:

I hope you like it here :thumbup:

4. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Of course, we want to see good examples of intro posts and we like to reminisce. :)

I did no such thing, I invited you to like the Senior Gamers Facebook Page, now bugger off! ;)

Seriously, welcome to the new place, Acnescar. :D

So come on, tell us a bit more about your gaming history. Did you move onto a Spectrum after the thump-sensitive ZX81? What else did you play on the BBC apart from Elite? Chuckie Egg maybe? Do tell more about your PS1/PS2/PS3 games and don't forget to mention all the good bits with me in. ;)

So, just to confirm, you are after full membership of SNR and would like to be a Senior Citizen?

There's a few questions that I need to ask and things to make you aware of, so I hope you don't mind.

1. If you are seeking full membership, do you realise that you will be Chummed over on OAP? Is this really what you want? If so, you should probably have a word with them over there about this.
    2. You state that you've not gamed for over a year now. If that is the case, why do you want full membership of this place if you're not playing online games? Or is this something that you are looking to change?
    3. What stopped you gaming a year ago? Why don't you think you'll be gaming for a while yet? What can we do to help you back into gaming? After all, a community is a two-way thing, us giving to the members as well as members giving to us. :)

For the record, I've known Acnescar for many years and played online with him many times, so I'd like to vouch for him. :thumbup:

5. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Yup, sorry it was a vouch from me too anyway.

6. Acnescar

Acnescar Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Acnescar
    I dont want to get involved in the oap/snr thing - I've asked to be a full member as otherwise I dont get all the bells and whistles your site has to offer. When I actually get back online on the ps3 and need to sport the correct tag it is my intention to make my choice then, once I am more easily able to assess with access to full forums which one i feel more comfortable with, and then ask for the status change at oap or snr

Is that ok?

If asked to leave on the otherside I will ask for the same latitude.

Acne

7. DarthRaiden666

DarthRaiden666 Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Darth_Raiden
    Hi Acne,

According to my friends list you last signed in on PSN nearly 2 months ago.

8. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    So to use a metaphor : you wish to feel my tits and sleep with me whilst still doing the same to another girl until you decide which one you're going to marry? ;) :lol:

In all seriousness, we have been asked several times by OAP's Elders to notify those wishing to become full members that they should ask for Chums status over there. I'm sorry to say that you've no choice in not getting involved and will have to make your decision now. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Abs

9. Acnescar

Acnescar Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Acnescar
    I thought I actually covered all the requirements of the intro post 150 words, age, gaming history (albeit breif)

I will post a bit more when I have some spare time, which is what I lack at the moment with a growing family, my own business, becoming a cub leader, trying to do two 3hr plus rides a week to fight the bulge and moving house for the second time this year next wednesday so I can knock down the crappy 60's bungalow and build a shiny new four bed house.

Expect my ps3 to resurface next year but for now its just lurking in a few forums for me.

Acne

10. Acnescar

Acnescar Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Acnescar
    Is it wrong to admit to doing that for many years of my life?

It only got difficult when 2 girls came up to me at a wedding (not mine or theirs) and in front of my now wife asked "how come you went out with both of us at the same time?" in a panic in front of my girl friend all i could think of was "because I could" :oops:

Acne

ps I'll have a word on the otherside and see what I can sort out.

11. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Acne, thanks for dropping by.

For what its worth it's a vouch from me as I've gamed with Acne on many occasions :thumbup:

However, as has been pointed out why not become an Ally until you have more time to game? As has been pointed out you last logged onto your PS3 over 2 months ago. If you are made a full member here, the others will definitely "chum" you so at least by being an Ally you don't have to decide now?

12. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    With the chum warning in mind and regardless of the response do you still wish full membership? If so let us know and we'll point out jovially that you have red on you. :shh:

Looking forward to helping getting you your gaming mojo back. :ugeek:

Abs :wave:

PS : that's a vouch from me :thumbup:

13. Acnescar

Acnescar Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    Acnescar
    Abs

I think it only polite to wait for their response now I've asked so if you just hold on until hopefully they excise some discretion over the matter.

Nige

14. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Hey Acne, long time no see mate.

Hope you get back into the gaming and get back online! And if not I hope you keep in touch here regardless of what happens over at OAP.

15. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Ok I'll shuffle you into the Allies group for now so that the site search features work for you. Keep us informed.