Multi Disney Infinity

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Given I got involved in Skylanders, picking this up subject to reviews was a no brainer. Reviews were good. So I hopped on board. Had this for a little while now and still messing around in the Toy box area. I've not even ventured as yet into the game levels.

Think of the Toy box as a simpler Little Big Planet, quite a few things to find out and build. The more you do, the more stuff you get to build with. Also like LBP you can share what you build with others, and vice versa. Will be starting the game levels very soon however and let you all know :).

The figures as very well made indeed, no scrimping on quality at all with these, the line up is quite Pixar heavy at the moment. No problem from me but some Disney fans may be a little peeved about that. That said I'm sure there'll be more soon, in addition there are the power discs. With the round ones providing a character boost, and the hexagonal ones providing themes, vehicles or weapons. The only downside to these are that they are sold in blind packs of twos. I've so far bought 5 packs and only had two doubles, that said I've already swapped these on a fan site, sweet :1thumbup:.

A nice touch is the addition of the Hall of Heroes, a sort of Roman Pantheon where all the characters and power discs you have reside in the game to view. Your characters appear as statues on plinths, you can go up to them and watch a little video on the character, even ones you don't have. Also the more you do in the game, the more of the Hall of Heroes builds up.

In short liking this so far, it can be a money pit, of this I've no doubt, but can work out as slightly cheaper Christmas pressies for those you know have it already. Anyway I've babbled on enough, have fun and enjoy the adventure called life :lol::rofl:.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cheers for the overview Shroud, my son is at the age where SkyLanders has vaguely interested him and he's a fiend for collecting Moshi Monsters so me and the wife had been looking at getting him SkyLanders or this Disney one.....I think we'd prefer he had the Disney game as it's something we can both appreciate too.

What sort of price are you looking at for the figures and discs for this? I was under the impression they are quite expensive, but I don't think there was much information last time I looked.

Of course the question then would be PS3 or PS4 :think:

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The good news is, this will work on PS4, if that helps you decide. As for prices the starter pack is around £55. However for that you get the portal you put the figures on and three characters (Captain Jack Sparrow, Sully and Mr Incredible). This is more than enough to get on with things. The only thing to consider is if you want to play the Incredibles game levels with Mr Incredible, for a second person to drop in there, you will need a second character from the Incredibles universe (in the toybox you can mix and match all the characters you want).

The discs are anything between £3 to £4 for a blind pack of two, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, these can be swapped easily enough if you find you've loads of doubles. The characters are around £12 for an individual one, or between £25 and £28 for the packs. The packs come in two kinds. Firstly a pack of three characters (I did this so Lady Shroud and I could play, so got the Davy Jones, Randle and Syndrome pack). Secondly there are the level packs, which comprise of two characters and a game level. There are two of these out currently - Cars and the Lone Ranger.

I have now played the Monsters Universe levels a little, its a free roaming affair around both the Monsters University and the opposing university, with characters that have exclamation marks above them offering side missions, plus there are challenges in there, alongside your main mission. There are stacks of collectables all over the place, some easy to get, others requiring a bit of thought. Both Lady Shroud and I enjoyed it very much, not too taxing for a little one, with enough going on to keep the bigger kids happy ;).

Both Skylanders and Disney Infinity are good games, but if I were to pick one for your son, I would go with Disney Infinity, less bad guys to be worrying about, plus you could argue characters he will be familiar with from the Disney universe. Who knows now they own Star Wars and Marvel they could pop up in the future :).

Hope this helps you with your decision?

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hope this helps you with your decision?
It really does mate, it's great to hear the perspective of an actual gamer on this rather than some numpty in a GAME store who just wants a sale or some dodgy parent who has no clue about games.

Much appreciated :1thumbup:

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Star Wars or Marvel......interesting.....

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Disney owns Marvel now as well? Oh crap, Hulk with flowered shorts. The Horror!!

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not as bad as it sounds so far, they've done a great job with The Avengers, Iron Man etc movies. Plus who doesn't want to see Thor beat the crap out of Darth Maul whilst Mickey Mouse watches :lol:

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
OK it's official I'm addicted to this now. Not only is there all the above, but there are also feats and adventures within the game. This game really feeds into the reward part of the brain :D

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I may have played this a little ;). If anyone is wondering whether to go Skylanders or this, I would advise this. Both are really good games, but this has so much more depth. Even the toybox creations are cross platform.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Anyone else with this, or planning on it?

Ask as there are three online trophies, but never find anyone on line. I think the online is an invite process rather than the standard joining a game someone is already in, doh!

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No sorry mate. No more ps3 games now unless ps+

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
No worries platinum now achieved :). I is a happy bunny now.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New Toy Story game pack out now, me likey 8-)

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I have some spare power discs if anyone is interested?

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
^ these post confuse me, whats a power disc?

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
There are two main types in Disney Infinity. Rounds ones and hexagonal ones, the differences being:

Round Discs:

You place up to a maximum of two under your character on the gaming stand, and they provide a 1 in 4 chance of increasing your defence, attack, collectables etc. Or up to 2 in 4 if you combine similar ones.

Hexagonal Discs:

These are for use in the 'Toybox' environments, and not the standard game levels. These will give you vehicles (car, helicopter, elephant etc), or weapons and finally themes for when you're building your own levels. So for example you've built an awesome track, with some pretty trees etc, but wouldn't it be great if you could set it in a Tron environment. Add your power disc and job done :).

A maximum of three are allowed on the gaming stand. Although any themed hexagonal power discs you use, still put even after you remove them from the gaming stand.

Hopefully that makes sense.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
My collectors edition arrived today:

So cool (sorry the geek in me loves it :D)

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
So is that 2.0 or only the original?

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This is 2.0, however you can use all the original figures and power discs from the first one on it as well though. First wave release of figures are Marvel, with the second wave the more mainstream Disney characters. Rather enjoying the Avengers playset, with the Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy playsets yet to try.