The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Dishonoured

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Games' started by worcswarrior, 19 Oct 2012.

1. worcswarrior

worcswarrior Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    worcswarrior
    I have just ordered Dishonoured as the reviews are really good. Has anyone played this yet?

2. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ask me again at Xmas, as Ive asked for this from Santa. The reviews are bloody awesome.

3. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Santa has bloody awesome reviews :o I knew it :lol:

So you know Slaine only 66 sleeps to Christmas ;)

4. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I had it on 360 its good but not for me graphics wise I was expecting more and the game play seems to be a but muddled for me.

5. worcswarrior

worcswarrior Newbie Gamer

PSN:
    worcswarrior
    I should get it from Amazon sometime during next week. I'll let you know what my first impressions are. I felt that it was time to invest in a new game and it was a toss up between Dishonoured and XCOM enemy unknown. Anyone tried that one as I may still be tempted?

6. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    :rofl: Yes very reliable ordering system, good service. I'd recommend Santa to my friends

I know, Im counting down the days. Cant wait. :thumbup:

I downloaded a demo from Live for Xcom, but I havent had a chance to play it yet

7. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    I've almost finished it. Good game, nice graphics and killer abilities. Personally I found it half way through that it becomes a bit repetitive. But a nice story nevertheless and one piece of advice: don't rush through it. There's lots to be found.

8. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Ive heard its a lot like Bioshock in many ways. Would that be a fair assessment you reckon Spruijt?

9. Spruijt

Spruijt Real men wear clogs
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Spruijt
    To be honest, the last time I played Bioshock was when the first one came out. And I've played that for about an hour. So I can't compare the two really.
    That being said, the reviews Dishonored got are immensely positive. It is an ok game, but it's not that great. But having almost finished it in about 6 hours, maybe I've rushed through it a bit much.

As said before, I found it to get repetitive really fast. Missions are basically the same. Go from point A to point B and kill someone or pick up some sh!t. On the way you encounter enemy personel, light towers, dogs and alarms. As the story progresses the route becomes more difficult to cross without tripping alarms etc.

In the environment you can find Runes and Bonecharms, which you can use to unlock and upgrade your abilities as wel as your health and stamina. The more powerful you become, the more places you can reach, so it's rewarding to replay missions you've completed in an earlier stage (which I haven't bothered with). Money can be found here as well, looted from dead bodies, boxes and cabinets etc. You can use that to buy and upgrade weaponry and ammo from an ally after each mission.

So, good game, nice graphics and kickass powers/leveling system, repetitive gameplay.

I hope it helped ;)

10. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    If its single player and can be finished in a few days then the price will come down pretty quickly. Sounds like a good game to buy off eBay after christmas.

11. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    I've been enjoying it but playing in very, very small doses - only a few missions in thus far but the powers are really opening up already, which does lend credence to the gameplay becoming a little repetitive further in. That said, I can see the various different ways of playing & power combinations extending the duration after completion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice