XBOne Disabling adult games for children.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The xBox Kinect could be used (law permitting) to stop children from playing on adult games , browsing adult websites and watching adult TV.
Have you ever wished that there weren't so many kids playing adult games that are unsuitable for them? Are you as an adult player annoyed by screaming kids who shouldn't be playing adult games spoiling your entertainment?
How can adults stop under 18s playing games that they shouldn't be playing, Or should they not interfere and just let say a 10 year old play games with excessive violence, sex and bad language?
Could there not be a signup screen where the players age is verified when the console is first activated, or a game is initially activated so that their age could be used to stop them playing unsuitable games? If they get around this, then there could also be a "report under age user " button written into games, this could make a check on the via kinect to verify that little jonny isn't playing a game that he shouldn't be playing and if he is found to be playing that game using the kinect, it could be disabled for that user.

Could the xBox connect be used to verify the age of a user playing a game on the new xBox One. Could it also be used to block unsuitable adult content and websites to minors using the system for TV or internet access?
As a parent would you prefer to have your children playing on a console that could censor automatically what they are playing or watching?
Or is "spying" on what your kids do , not a good idea and censorship a bad thing?

Another thought on this, What if all makers of games had to make and upload a 2 minute sample showing the most extreme violence , language, sexual content of their particular game to say the PEGI.INFO site. Parents could then watch the preview of "GTA V" for example and decide for themselves if this is suitable for their children to play?

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with kids playing adult games, It's down to the parents - if a 10 year old is allowed to play an 18 game I bet that's not the only thing they are allowed to do.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As with the current consoles, the ability the use parental restrictions is only utilised by those parents who are responsible.

Having a sensor that can identify facially who is in the room will make no difference, parents using consoles as babysitting devices will not change.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I dont think the majority of parents give a toss what their little b'stards are playing as long as they arnt giving them grief.

mrdjmo

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I dont think the majority of parents give a toss what their little b'stards are playing as long as they arnt giving them grief.
Ha that is so true - my nephew bums his android tab and my brother in law leave him as it's piece and quiet win win lol

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
9 out of 10 parents with kids under 16 don't give a flying f@#k about a game being 16/18+. "Every kid in his class has the game" is their excuse mostly. Good parenting, blaming everybody else.
I believe people just don't know what violent games can do to a child's mind. It isn't like drinking alcohol or doing drugs where you can see the effect right away.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I grew up on a diet of video nasties as a kid, and it didn't do me any harm. Anyone who says different will be having a word with my chainsaw