• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi DICE Teases Battlefield 4 Server Rentals Coming To Consoles

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

PC players have been able to rent Battlefield 4 servers, and it looks like console players will be able to follow suit as well.

When asked about the possibility of seeing server rentals on the PS4, an EA rep responded, "Indeed, it is coming. I'm afraid we don't have any information on this quite yet, but it is coming soon! Keep your eyes peeled on the Control Room and Battlefield blog, as those are most likely where you'll see it announced first."

Pricing for rentals on PC varies, but 10-player support typically runs about $13 a month, with a $90 monthly fee supporting 70 players. Console players were supposed to be able to rent servers on day one, but that clearly changed between our talk with the game's producer and its launch. Similar functionality was available on consoles for Battlefield 3.

[Source: EA via Polygon]

Our Take
Battlefield 4 didn't have the smoothest launch, and its post-launch support has been problematic as well. Are server rentals the answer? We'll see. One thing's inevitable: People aren't going to be pleased if they're asked to pay an unreasonable amount of money for the privilege of playing something that barely works. Rental servers can be great for players who want them, so long as they don't decrease options for players that want to continue on public servers.

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't think SNR need a server, There's plenty of empty server's that we don't need to pay for.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sigh, Here we go again,

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yup, nothing to see here, at least we might see some better map rotations now though....along with the obligatory 500% ticket count crap

Hondavee4

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Surprised its took this long, I'd rather they didn't though

What annoyed me was I just couldn't find official servers on bf3 once the rentals were released
They were loads that claimed to be official dice until you looked a bit closer to find it wasn't