PS4 Diablo 3

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Whopper of a Diablo 3 patch arriving very soon on PC and consoles
God, it's tempting.

The expansion-like Diablo 3 patch, numbered 2.4, arrives simultaneously on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One before 15th January.

"The January 15th date is the start of the new season," said Diablo community official Brandy 'Nevalistis' Camel (in the comments) "We plan to release the patch prior to the start of [the new season].

"While we typically patch on Tuesdays, dates can always shift if we run into technical issues during deployment preparations. This is why we do not provide hard release dates for any patch."

Strikingly, patch 2.4 contains a whole new zone filled with new enemies - a rarity in this game. But Greyhollow Island, as it's known, also represents Blizzard doing things a bit differently.

You see, Greyhollow Island isn't designed to adhere to any existing story nor extend it. It's designed for Adventure mode, a mode designed to be played over and over. Therefore, Greyhollow Island is designed for exactly that: many, many playthroughs.

To that end, Greyhollow will be mysterious and leave the unravelling of those mysteries up to you, and in whichever order you wish, if you wish to unravel them at all. You may only be there for a quick bounty blitz. There's more about Greyhollow Island in a blog post.

Patch 2.4 also introduces special dungeons with special challenges that relate to special sets of equipment. If you have all the pieces, a portal will open up.

On top of that, 2.4 brings piles and piles of new legendary items and powers, which are more bonkers than ever as seems to be the trend with Blizzard and Diablo 3. Bigger numbers equal more fun, and we're long past the days of Blizzard being sensible - and the game is better for it.

The big list of patch notes for Diablo 3 update 2.4 can be found on Battle.net.

Source: Whopper of a Diablo 3 patch arriving very soon on PC and consoles

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Should go live on Tuesday, another FREE expansion, seen some of it on the ptr server all looking good.
Not sure about the barbarian whirlwind being nerfed as that's what I tend to use. Shall probably go back to furious charge or toying with the idea of making a Monk.

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well new patch is out (2.2Gb) not had a chance to have a look yet been busy resorting items from other characters.
new build is going to be awesome once I have learnt how to play it properly. Vast change from the last one.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I finally got around to ordering a copy of the Reaper Souls edition as an early birthday present to myself

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It doesn't take you long to level up in this game, started in hard mode and after a few hours of play I'm mid 20s and have got the templar to level 20

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It doesn't take you long to level up in this game, started in hard mode and after a few hours of play I'm mid 20s and have got the templar to level 20
You are probably further along than I am and I've had the game for about 2 years................

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You are probably further along than I am and I've had the game for about 2 years................
I've got as far as picking up all the sword pieces

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
If you want a bit of speed levelling let me know.
Brave starting on hard, if you die you have to start from the beginning with a new character.

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Brave starting on hard, if you die you have to start from the beginning with a new character.
Are you sure? I've died twice in a dungeon and re-spawned from my corpse

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah zoob is right I thought you meant hardcore.
I had a quick go on the new Island last night, not bad, new monsters and stuff and drops weren't to shabby either.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
You're slow!
You can get to 70 in a minute! (or at least, used to be able, don't know after all the patches)

:D

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's gifts galore, has anyone not got a gift from me?

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New patch out today.

Not had a chance to play as the other half has decided she wants to play it ( she is doing alright as well made paragon level 175 tonight after a week of playing)

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
New patch out today.

Not had a chance to play as the other half has decided she wants to play it ( she is doing alright as well made paragon level 175 tonight after a week of playing)
You know you can share a screen?

(Though the experience is admittedly a little more frustrating than playing on separate consoles. )