- 29 Jun 2012
- Reaction score
The team is back on the couch to talk about what we’ve been up to for the Plains of Eidolon’s development. The hype is real, so let’s keep this short. Don’t forget to watch the full stream for all of the details and the beautiful visuals.
If you don’t have the time (or the headphones) to tune in, then keep on reading!
· We will be at TwitchCon with both a booth and a panel! Be sure to stop by if you’re planning on attending, Tenno.
· The next Console build has been successfully submitted to Cert, so you can expect new content, including next week!
· Congratulations to /r/warframe for hitting 100,000 subscribers! They are celebrating with a content and event, so check it out:/r/Warframe 100k Subscriber Celebration Competition! • r/Warframe
· We hosted an AMA on /r/iama right after this Devstream. To participate or read up on the Dev’s answers, click here.
· As always, there is a 24 hour Gift of the Lotus Alert live on all platforms!
Twitch Drops – The Great Eidolon Hunt Event
We partnered with Twitch again to start the Plains of Eidolon launch with a bang! When the update releases, you can tune into Warframe streams for your chance at exclusive loot.
Full details and FAQ are available in our blog post.
First Ability: creates a single long shard that impales all enemies in its path. Holding 1 makes it go farther and impale foes for longer.
Second Ability: shatter your glass accents to deal damage to a direct enemy, or in an AOE around you or an ally.
Third Ability: creates mirrors around you that lure enemies to attack them, damaging them with every strike as the glass shatters. When enough of them have been destroyed, the ring collapses upon itself doing AOE damage.
Fourth Ability: a wall of molten glass is created, that slows and damages enemies who walk through it, eventually freezing them in their path. Has synergy with her first ability for directional damage. You can toggle it to control its size.
(Tentative) Passive: in bright light, she has a percent chance to blind enemies with a Radial Blind.
Gifs of her abilities are here, but you can see the section in full (including the awesome sound design) at this timestamp.
· Alt helmet is now new helmet.
· Coming with a Quest in the Plains of Eidolon update!
A new Syndicate will be available to you within the town of Cetus, where you will be rewarded for helping the Ostrons. If you don’t feel like lending them a hand, don’t worry! Getting negative Standing with this Syndicate is not possible.
Standing is rewarded by completing tasks on a “Job Board”, which range in difficulty and level. The Plains of Eidolon is on Earth, so it has objectives for all different skill-levels. Here is a placeholder version of the “Job Board” with placeholder names and rewards:
Certain items that can be unlocked using this Standing include Hok’s Anvil weapon components.
The Quills Syndicate
Another Syndicate can be found within Cetus that is tied to the namesake of the Plains: the Eidolons. Here, you will unlock equipment for your Operator to take down these giant Sentient. It is with this Syndicate that your hunt for the Eidolons begins.
A complete Focus rework is planned for the Plains of Eidolon:
· All Focus points will be refunded when this launches
· Moving away from the “Ghost Operator” unlocked in The Second Dream (still small section that will be dedicated to it), but the majority of this system will be focused on the “Physical Operator” that is obtained after completing The War Within.
· Currently Abilities that you know and love may no longer exist, including Shadow Step.
· Combat Operator is coming with the Plains of Eidolon, including the ability to alt fire, and this system will be tweaked to make your Operators combat-effective.
With The Quills Syndicate, this new Focus System, and the coming customizable Operator Arcanes (which can be used on existing Operator cosmetics, as well as the new ones), your Operator will truly be on the path to become a warrior:
The Plains themselves
Dynamic missions are available for you to complete! You will receive a transmission from the Lotus with a time-limited objective – it’s up to you to take it on! These missions will have live reward screens, which save all of your current progress in the Plains up to that point. See one in action here.
New Archwing controls are being added for the Plains only, where the ground is always down and forward always moves you forward relative to the ground. Sprinting returns you to 6 degrees of freedom, but this is turned off when sprinting ends.
The ancient battle has left traces of energy on those Plains, and this affects the Landscape, including the very soil! As a result, you will be able to mine interesting and strange mineral deposits with interesting and strange rewards. ‘Arcane Gems’ will be available from this system. Once you find a deposit, and have your mining laser, simply trace the pattern on the rock to successfully extract your reward!
· Can place markers of favorite fishing/meeting/etc. spots. Camps and caves will automatically be marked on your minimap when you discover them.
· Enemies you encounter can set off flares to call in reinforcements. Different coloured flares mean different things – it’s up to you to learn what each one means!
· Caves exist within the Landscape, and they are your best source for prospecting!
· Here is the size of the minimap, for reference:
The Eidolons themselves
· Out to rebuild themselves, not going to be concerned with killing you right away until you attack them, but they do have ‘Spirit’ friends that will attack you as well.
· Warframes aren’t equipped to deal with them, but your Operator is!
· Deals larger AOE attacks instead of direct ones. For example:
Here’s a look at Mag’s finished Deluxe Skin, coming with Deluxe Tonfa Skins in the Plains of Eidolon Update:
If you want a more detailed look at the skin, you can do so at this timestamp.
Octavia fans might do a little dance when they learn we are concepting a Deluxe Skin for her as well. There is no current ETA for this piece:
TennoGen Round 10
You can see the full list of accepted items for this Halloween Edition of TennoGen here.
4 new stances are confirmed to be shipping with the Plains of Eidolon. The Polearm Stance from last Devstream is included, but here are two more that you can look forward to:
Dual Sword Stance
The last one might be a Dual Dagger or Dagger Stance, but we have nothing to confirm just yet!
· Our most optimization work ever has been done to The Plains of Eidolon update – not just for the Plains themselves but for the game as a whole!
· No word on Tenno Pump Shotgun.
THE REMOTE OBSERVER - VOL 13.5
Welcome back to your weekly update note highlight reel, where we list the changes from our hard working Devs that you might not have noticed! If you want a TL;DR of this week’s hotfixes, keep reading below.
PC – WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:
· The Prisma Angstrum is now tradable!
· Baro's offerings will no longer show Operator items if you have not completed the Second Dream quest.
· To reduce "droughts" between Fomorian/Razorback events, Grineer and Corpus now gain fractional progress towards their construction projects while they are actively invading an opponent's location (i.e. earn progress over the course of their attack regardless of whether they end up occupying the node at the end).
· Fixed failing the mission if you fail to complete the puzzle rooms in Void/Orokin missions before the timer runs out.
· Fixed casting Nyx’s Absorb or Banshee’s Soundquake when hitting an enemy with a "grappling hook weapon" allowing you to move around.
CONSOLES – WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:
No hotfixes or updates went out this week for our Console Tenno, but the next release was successfully submitted to Cert! If you want to see what content, changes, and fixes to expect soon, you can do so in the respective threads: PS4 | XBOX ONE