• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

PS4 Destiny, the crucible

Pafkes

Wait for it
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was wondering who plays the crucible on Destiny? As I'm shifting from story to multiplayer, I'm looking for some teammates in the crucible..

(first snapshot of a full SNR crucible team)
Destiny_20140922235714.jpg

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not played much of the crucible. I would prefer to be on with friends rather than randoms. I would be up for it, if we can get a full Senior group again :)

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am giving it a go, just got level one crucible level, its a bit of a grind though.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I do, I love it. I manage to quite often pick up 5 stragglers from my friends list to play it as well. So if you see I'm in the crucible with a gang of others and there's a free slot message me and when the games over we'll return to orbit to pick you up. It's great fun with a group of you. Hell if you see there's just me playing it let me know then I can make you do some 3 v 3 stuff with me (bounties and all that.....). If there's a lot of you Control is usually the only mode really you can play as a group and it's nice to have a change now and then.

I got the trophy where you have to kill a Titan, Warlock & Hunter in quick succession without dying last night which I was excited about. That's all the PvP trophies done for me now :D

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Count me in. Just bung me a Fireteam invite.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Same here, I taken a liking lately to skirmish matches...still can't hit a cows a*se with a banjo at times :crazy:

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been playing cruicible to get myself the legenary handcannon for there plus most exotic bounties have a crucible stage so I float in and out of there whenever I fancy it

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Love the crucible! Strong team of Seniors on tonight. Even had an opposing team leave after a pasting. :D

I do rather love the control games.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I am always up for the crucible if you guys are looking for someone to join your ranks send me an invite :)

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With everyone on Iron Banner at the moment, the crucible has become at lot easier to win :yahoo:
@Plaxinator and I trampled over the opposition last night no sweat :gamer: (now is a good time to get the k/d ratio's in for the exotic bounties)

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With everyone on Iron Banner at the moment, the crucible has become at lot easier to win :yahoo:
@Plaxinator and I trampled over the opposition last night no sweat :gamer: (now is a good time to get the k/d ratio's in for the exotic bounties)
@pede2010 Time to fire up that fusion rifle and start scoring those kills :D

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Lol I didn't realise Iron Banner was on for a few days (Been working a fair bit) and I been playing Alien Isolation when I have had a chance, I'll have to jump on and do a bit of iron banner before the event is up :P

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Play a little the other day and got my ass handed to me, my guns seem to do no damage and the guns I was being shot by were all one shot kills. Played about 10 games won maybe 2 still got a few items too so not all bad. Think I'll stick with PVE until I figure out what guns work best in crucible.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Play a little the other day and got my ass handed to me, my guns seem to do no damage and the guns I was being shot by were all one shot kills. Played about 10 games won maybe 2 still got a few items too so not all bad. Think I'll stick with PVE until I figure out what guns work best in crucible.
I find an auto rifle works best. In the crucible they have balanced out the weapons so the big damage rating can be ignored (except in iron banner where they haven't done this and all stats count). The important stat is impact, so get an auto rifle with a good one. Also, the extras you unlock for weapon as you level it up do count, so legendary abd exotic weapons will give you an advantage.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's stupid