• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Destiny Patches and Hot Fixes

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread to post details of patches and hot fixes as they are released.

Hot Fix - 09/14/2014

Not every update that you apply to Destiny will contain revolutionary changes to the player experience. As we support the world of Destiny beyond the launch, much of what we do behind the scenes will be dedicated to ensuring the services that support the game are stable.
Yesterday, we deployed an update that delivered the following refinements.

Engineering
  • Fixes for Xbox One bootflow issues
  • Changes in network configuration to improve stability
  • Fixes for issues causing game crashes
Events
  • Public Events should occur twice as frequently in public spaces
As we continue to support the Destiny Community, please keep talking to us about any issues you encounter on our Help forum.

Source: Bungie Blog

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I love this update.....after playing BF4 for the last year and there being a constant stream of issues to be fixed that are game related it's great to be playing a game that is so well finished that their extensive list of fixes basically equates to "we're looking to fix the networking issues players have" instead of "holy shit how broken is our game?"

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Update 1.0.1.4 - Patch Notes

Summary:
The latest patch for Destiny reduces the difficulty of a number of activities, as well as fixes issues when completing the Vault of Glass.

Activities

Missions
  • Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
  • Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
  • Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
Raids
  • Dropping the relic at the end of the raid will no longer result in a team wipe. This will prevent players being stuck at a black screen after the raid.
  • You will remain dead if you were dead when the mission ended. That will be addressed by a future patch.
Source: Bungie Blog

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hot Fix - 09/25/2014
Summary

In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.

Activities
Missions

• Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]
*Clarification: This effect only lasts for a short period of time immediately following a hard wipe

Queen's Wrath Event

• Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items
World
Destinations

• The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's a hard wipe?

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It's when you wipe, really hard :P

I guess it's when the entire team all dies in a checkpoint area (darkzone).
Unless it's harder, then if you wipe to orbit (in nightfall strike? Not sure)

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
1.0.2 Patch Preview

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.
Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.
Cryptarch Changes
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
  • Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
  • Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
  • Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
Activity Changes
  • Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
Item Changes
  • Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
  • Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...
Source: http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

HaloJ

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've been getting hacked off with the amount of rare engrams turning into crap loot but worse was the legendary turning into a really poor piece of rare.

Hopefully this will stop the urge to go and play the more varied Warframe.

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
While most are just trajs, I did find an exotic weapon out of a legendary engram yesterday so ot can happen.
I fear that if they change the decryption rate, it'll mean that legendary engrams will drop even less in the wild

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I fear that if they dont adjust the loot drops soon I wont play it again.

Its getting tedious now just getting crap that doesnt even have half the stats of what I currently have.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I don't see the problem, legendary engrams drop way too often anyway and are available in really low level area's.

If you're serious about getting legendary or better items then trying to drop engrams is a terrible way to do it.

Play the high level stuff designed to keep you challenged...the strike playlists alone will see you through to rank 26 via vanguard marks that allow you to buy legendary armour.

Add to this the daily missions and weekly strikes that earn you coins and motes of light, if you work these you can easily get enough to buy an exotic item or two every week from the black market dealer.

And there's bounties every day to help work on vanguard reputation....you only need rank 3 to start buying legendary weapons.

In my experience there was zero issue with getting good armour to increase my level and make my weapons do more damage....getting decent weapons is a touch more difficult but remember any weapon that you get that's really good scales up with you all the way to level 30.

I'm actually a little confused as to how easy people want this game to be....if you already have rare level 20 items then the next step is stuff that'll take you to level 30....if it was any easier you'd go from level 20 to level 30 in no time at all.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hot Fix - 09/25/2014
Summary

In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.

Destinations
  • The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
Awww no more engram farming, shame :(

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Update 1.0.2 - Patch Notes

Summary:
With this patch, we address some widely-discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.

Cryptarch
  • Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
    • Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
  • Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
    • Chance for Legendary gear increased
  • Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)
Rewards
  • Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
    • Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
    • Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
    • Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
  • Known issues
    • When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
    • You will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI

Crucible
  • Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
  • Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hot Fix - 10/07/2014

NOTE
: The following update will be applied at approximately 7AM Pacific (2 PM BST/GMT) on Tuesday, October 7th. The maintenance window for this work will interrupt Destiny services for several hours. You will be unable to play the game during that time.

Summary
Most of the changes included in this update will improve the technology that enables players to connect to Destiny. The player experience will remain unchanged, aside from the stability for some users who have encountered issues connecting to servers.

Client fixes

• Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
  • Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
  • Improved logging of player disconnections
  • Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
  • Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
  • Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
Server Fixes
  • Security fixes
  • Server performance improvements
  • Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
  • Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
  • Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Meh, I got booted while collecting helium filaments on the moon. I hope it has saved my progress as I managed to pick up a legendary helmet engram in the process.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hot Fix - 14th Oct 2014

Summary

The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.

General
  • Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
Classes
  • Titan
    • Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
  • Warlock
    • Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons
  • General
    • Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
  • Auto Rifles
    • Base Damage decreased by 2%
    • Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
    • Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
  • Hand Cannons
    • In-air accuracy now increased
  • Scout Rifles
    • Base damage increased by 6%
    • Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
    • Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
  • Shotguns
    • Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
    • Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
    • The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
  • Exotic Weapons
    • Vex Mythoclast
      • Base Damage decreased by 34%
      • Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
    • Pocket Infinity
      • Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
  • Perks
    • Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
    • Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities
  • Strikes
    • Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
  • Raid - Vault of Glass
    • Templar Encounter
      • Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
      • Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations
  • The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan