• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Destiny Farming Locations

The_Carpet_Frog

Even More Grumpy Grandad
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found the worst thing to get hold of is the shards, any good places to get those?

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found the worst thing to get hold of is the shards, any good places to get those?
I'm having the same nightmare with shards as well. I got one yesterday for doing my 2nd public event on the moon and you can get 2 for breaking down legendary gear (but not the queens stuff).

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Ascendant Shards are a pain to get.

There's certain things that give you a chance at getting Ascendant materials, which would be Ascendant Shards or Ascendant Energy:

Doing your first Gold tier public event for the day gets you a reward at the post master, which has a chance of being Ascendant materials.

Completing any further gold tier public events grants you a chance of receiving ascendant materials as an instant reward, but these aren't common.

Breaking down Legendaries is a good way of getting them....weapons give energy, armour gives shards (other than your class item)....I would also suggest wearing said armour and levelling it up, right up to the point where you need to use ascendant shards as I think it gives you more shards, I've certainly had 3 shards for a piece of armour a couple of times.

Buying and breaking down Exotic armour is also a good method as you're limited on what you can buy with all of those Strange coins and you can only wear one exotic piece of armour at a time...so buy up additional exotic armour, level it up and break it down for shards!

Another guaranteed method of gaining Ascendant materials is to do the daily missions and weekly strikes, but you only get the rewards for the first time you do it and you need to increase the difficulty....still, a good solid method of getting the materials and the higher the difficulty you can manage the more ascendant rewards you get.

You may also get Ascendant materials dropped when killing bosses or completing missions I think, but the other methods are far better.

And remember, this stuff is required for the highest level armour so don't expect it to be easy to get, it's not.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And for anyone out there who goes chest farming, keep your eye out for the MIDA Multi-Tool with its special side radar for locating loot chests when not in ADS (Aim Down Sight) mode.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
And for anyone out there who goes chest farming, keep your eye out for the MIDA Multi-Tool with its special side radar for locating loot chests when not in ADS (Aim Down Sight) mode.
The only thing I get out of any chests I open are green crap. Need helium filaments, spirit bloom and ascendant shards so will probably be fannying around doing patrol missions tonight.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The only thing I get out of any chests I open are green crap. Need helium filaments, spirit bloom and ascendant shards so will probably be fannying around doing patrol missions tonight.
Don't forget vault of glass tonight

Jousting

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't forget to do the daily/weekly missions on hard too, you can get more coins and ascendant materials from the harder levels.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Don't forget to do the daily/weekly missions on hard too, you can get more coins and ascendant materials from the harder levels.
Best method of getting ascendant materials!!

Daily on the hardest difficulty will give you two ascendants.

Weekly on hardest will give you nine coins which can be used to buy weapons/armour that can be broken down into ascendants.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I get at least one ascendant part a day when I play with @Skarpar he's like a good luck charm.

I do the Venus cave circle normally gets me all the other parts for guns and armour.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I get at least one ascendant part a day when I play with @Skarpar he's like a good luck charm.

I do the Venus cave circle normally gets me all the other parts for guns and armour.
I'm my own good luck charm, got hawkmoon last night on crucible (midgroup score ftw :D), now to level up that badboy

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As for strange coin farming there is also the multi-character route managed to get 18 coins last week. :woot: Just need to level up the hunter next

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As for strange coin farming there is also the multi-character route managed to get 18 coins last week. :woot: Just need to level up the hunter next
Yeah I use this method too, daily/weekly/nightfall with two characters...just need to get my other class ranked up at some point.