• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Destiny Expansion Content Leaked

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
At E3 2014, Bungie and Activision announced two planned DLC’s for their upcoming game, Destiny. These two expansions are titled The Dark Below, andThe House of Wolves. Both are planned to introduce new multiplayer maps, new story missions and content, as well as new Cooperative activities such as Strikes and Raids to the game.

Thanks to websites that offer databases for files in Destiny, as well as a bug recorded by YouTube user ScottM, we now have a strong look at future Destiny Expansion content.

As you can see in the video above, new content will be added across Destiny’s activities. Here is a breakdown for what each expansion will introduce.

Expansion 1: The Dark Below (December 2014)
  • Story Missions: 3 new Missions on Earth and the Moon with a new Hive Storyline
  • Strikes: The Jovian Complex (Level 10 Earth Strike) and The Hypogeum (Level 20 Mars Strike)
  • Raid: Crota’s End (Level 28 Moon Raid)
  • New Gear and Loot
  • New Multiplayer Maps
  • New Level 26 Strike Playlist
Expansion 2: The House of Wolves (TBA 2015)
  • Story Missions: 3 new missions on Earth and Venus, new Queen of the Reef/Fallen Storyline
  • Strike: Unnamed (Level 14 Moon Strike)
  • Raid: Unnamed (Level 28 Reef Raid)
  • New Gear and Loot
  • New Multiplayer Maps
  • New Level 28 Strike Playlist
Additional information and content has been revealed, such as an alteration to the Summoning Pits Strike with a new boss, as well as the rumored Multiplayer event, The Trials of Osiris (which offers additional exclusive Gear).

Destiny’s Expansions can be bought for $20 each, or at a discounted price through the Expansion Pass, where you can buy both for $35. The Dark Below is planned to launch in December, followed by The House of Wolves later in 2015. It is unknown at this time as to whether or not there will be further expansions in the future.

Source.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Not really a vast array of content for the price of s new game, and only the reef as a new playable location. Culled from main game ? Considering the weak offerings in the main game I would say probably.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Where is Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn etc.

Only 3 planets and a moon seems a bit weak now as the game unfolds.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I suspect more planets is part of the myultiyear plan and you won't see them til the inevitable sequel, the dlc for the current game will be existing planets only. I hope Bungie have something up their sleeve because they really need more than this to keep players on board.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I suspect more planets is part of the myultiyear plan and you won't see them til the inevitable sequel, the dlc for the current game will be existing planets only. I hope Bungie have something up their sleeve because they really need more than this to keep players on board.
They must have, from what I have heard everyone has finished the game and aren't that happy playing the multiplayer. They feel the game is over before it goes anywhere, DLC and as others have said more universe expansion is the only way forward as well as new enemies.

yinkin

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Without a story to give the game direction there is no sense of tangible progress, you kill the bad guys and you go straight back and kill them again, cause and effect suggests that killing bad guys only makes them stronger. They will need new content every week to keep the game going at this rate and that has to be proper content with new stuff, not just re arranging old stuff.

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Eurogamer published this story yesterday. Since then they have added an update:

UPDATE 29/09/2014 8.50pm: Bungie has officially confirmed that while this leak is part of its upcoming The Dark Below expansion, that doesn't mean that the content is already complete and on the disc.

"Neither of the Expansion Packs we've announced are finished," the developer stated on its official message board.

Bungie noted that The Dark Below's leaked missions are just the plans for the DLC and not necessarily the DLC itself. "They have activity names (which may or may not change) and we have a really good idea what they're going to contain. They even have placeholder nodes in the Director, as you've already discovered," Bungie stated.

"Soon, we'll detail it out for you so you can see exactly what we've been working on."

Source: Eurogamer

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Where is Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn etc.

Only 3 planets and a moon seems a bit weak now as the game unfolds.
At the moment Mercury is only availible while playing certain crucible levels (I've only been there whilst doing deathmatch style matches so far), not sure about Jupiter or Saturn though.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looking at the area covered by the surrounding darkness, Jupiter and Saturn would involve breaching the border and heading into unsupported territory.

Would make for an interesting DLC but more likely the sequel

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Strikes: The Jovian Complex(Level 10 Earth Strike

Jovian is another name for Jupiter?!?

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's a common name for big planets I think?

I looked for the term Jovian in Destiny on the wiki:
A Jovian is assumed to be a being from the "Jovian Giant" planets past the asteroid belt. The guardians have yet to explore these lands in the current version of the game.

The only known Jovian is Xûr, Agent of the Nine.
So I'm guessing Xûr and his mates get their own little place on earth where we can shoot things.

Solo-nite

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
This all seems interesting to read and data mining is usually accurate but not 100% accurate so I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I would imagine you won't see new planets til Destiny 2 but Bungie may add more than what the data mining found as they said what you are more likely seeing is placeholders etc.

I would hope there would be more than 3 story missions but hey it's early days and as I said the data mine may not of got everything.