• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers formed in 2012. We started as PlayStation gamers but now we are fully multi-platform with members also playing on PC, Xbox, Switch and other platforms.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Destiny: Crota’s End Hard Mode coming soon, next patch to target cheese strats

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Destiny will be updated next week, and those of you exploiting your way through Crota’s End are in for a disappointment.

The latest Destiny weekly update reveals Hard Mode for new raid Crota’s End is almost ready to go. Bungie said it will share the release date as soon as possible.

“We’re not going to spoil any hard mode surprises here. You’ll need to learn a new trick or two, but given your past performances, we’re pretty sure plenty of you will find a way to come out on top and earn some shiny new trophies to take with you on your next adventure,” a post on Bungie.net said.

The developer also revealed that the raid has been completed over 1 million times since launch, which is impressive given the difficulty.

Speaking of the difficulty, Bungie showed good humour regarding the various cheese strategies players have worked out to make the battle that much easier, describing Guardian’s attempts on the raid as “busily swinging that sword into poor Crota’s big shiny green mug between dainty bites of soft, warm cheese”.

Next week’s patch, which drops on January 13, will go some way towards plugging the holes in the raid; see the full patch notes below. On the bright side, better rewards are on offer.

The patch will also ensure Exotic weapons in the Vault of Glass will drop at level 32; the eagle-eyed among you may remember I did a post about this problem, and then deleted it after I realised I’d made too many egregious maths errors. It’s nice to know it really exists.

A few other announcements were made this week. In the Crucible, Asylum, The Anomaly, and The Burning Shrine maps are being added to existing Clash and Control playlist rotation, and Iron Banner will return with new rewards, on January 13.

Crota’s End – Updates
  • The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
  • The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.
  • Pit Encounter
    – Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.
  • Bridge Encounter
    – Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
    – Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
  • Deathsinger Encounter
    – Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
  • Crota Encounter
    – Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
    – Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
    – Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
    – Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.
Source: VG24/7

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven't even tried the new raid yet so makes no odds to me.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I haven't even tried the new raid yet so makes no odds to me.
I would have suggested you run through the first two loot points with each character but this involves pressing that jump button at least 3 times.

Not sure if you can get anything useful from the first loot chest, might just be class armour, but you can get that without actually fighting, you just walk in and open the chest. (no jumping required)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I would have suggested you run through the first two loot points with each character but this involves pressing that jump button at least 3 times.

Not sure if you can get anything useful from the first loot chest, might just be class armour, but you can get that without actually fighting, you just walk in and open the chest. (no jumping required)
When this jump button is pressed, how far/high do you have to jump? I have partially mastered the art of basic jumping, but anything that involves jumping in quick succession in more than one direction is still out of my level of expertise.

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When this jump button is pressed, how far/high do you have to jump? I have partially mastered the art of basic jumping, but anything that involves jumping in quick succession in more than one direction is still out of my level of expertise.
Haha there's one jump that you need to get right, to get onto a rock....if you miss you rarely get a second chance.

OR....get someone to do that bit for you (that sounds more like how yo'd approach that jump)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well if peeps are about on Destiny and don't mind doing the first couple of sections give me a shout. Probs can't be bothered atm to do the whole raid. I'm getting fed up of how long things take on Destiny for very little reward.

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Wow, only just got though it on normal.

PNMotorsportUK

Warlock, Jedi, Sith... #66 PNMotorsport
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Noo not crota hard.... The horror the horror.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Info on the hard mode differences:

General
  • All enemies are 33.
  • No revives
  • Primary Weapons drops at all major sections. (Abyss, Bridge, and Crota)
  • Enemies appear to take less flinch damage
The Abyss
The Bridge
The Tunnel
  • 3 Shriekers are now here
  • Shriekers will respawn
Deathsinger
  • Liturgy of Ruin will now activate 1 minute and 40 seconds after she begins her song
  • Only has one reward
Crota

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Some people make it look so easy :o

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
SOme of us have jobs and dont play Destiny all day every day ;)