• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Destiny Beta - First impressions

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Alright, two hours in and getting a bit (very limited) of a feel for Destiny. (Note: I didn't do alpha)

I've currently only did some solo campaigning, but it plays nice and looks good enough for me as well. Even for "seniors" as me who still prefer keyboard and an optional mouse, the controller works well (read: definately a bit too much auto-aim ;)). Although I think that'll change on the harder levels.
I'm not in very far but I like what I see so far, it only makes me more eager to explore the rest of the game, especially the co-op stuff.

It obviously is the start of beta, therefore I failed to enter the tower even once (damn beavers and leopards!*)
But having been through several MMO type betas and launches, I wasn't expecting anything else. Same will happen on release no doubt.

Also, I tried inviting some of you to a fireteam to no avail. I saw a message that Plaxinator joined, but found zero evidence of that otherwise. Even tried chatting through my headset (was still in the box :roll:. Clarification: in the box prior to my attempt to chat, when trying it was hooked up!) but all remained quiet.
Might be beta, or me, dunno. Tips are welcome!

*And kudos to the developer who came up with the error codes. I love them and can even remember them! :oops:
I think I'll steal that idea for my next software project, although I've had enough beavers for now :D

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm impressed that it said that I joined since I still have had no Beta code to redeem.

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
When I got your invite I thought you were teasing the rest of us because we're stuck trying to get access :P

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The downloader artwork is absolutely stunning :o

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The downloader artwork is absolutely stunning :o
Lol, I'm on 20% think I'm gonna flick over to my PS3 to finish off watching Odd Thomas whilst it's downloading.

IamNumber6

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Now were have I seen flying pyramid space ships before... :?

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
:empathy:
When I got your invite I thought you were teasing the rest of us because we're stuck trying to get access :P
Haha, no, that would be cruel! I thought you guys were in game as well (it showed "online" in the game, so....).

Second impression:
I suck! :oldgamer:

I think I either need a fireteam at this point or visit the tower for some extras I might miss.... But I can't access the tower due to those beavers <insert annoyed smiley here>

After dying 6 times on the same point (well, 15, but I was gone smoking) I give up.... for tonight. Alarm's ringing in less than 6 hours...

Still... Fun game! 8-)

Last edited:

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I'm installing now, so I will leave it cooking overnight. I might have a quick look in the morning before work though. :)

pede2010

I'm easy!!!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks rather good the little time I have played. Will get to play it properly tonight.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Played the alpha and loved it and loving this even more. Cant wait for it to turn up now

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It took a while to get it installed, started about 8 pm and played till about 11.30.
Very much enjoying it so far.
I initially turned the turn camera look speed up, and at the max of 10 it still seems a bit slow. I am up to level 4 , dont really understand the upgrading thing fully as yet. I visited the tower a few times, the second time it was heaving with other players, Its a bit like playstation Home but has a purpose. I got a new weapon some armour there and found a nice bar to have a pint in. I will try to get to level 6 today so I can get a speedster thing and a bigger jump ship capable of reaching the moon.
I havent joined anyone in a co op as yet, i think i'll try that tonight.

Skarpar

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
According to the homescreen info @Acegadgets had the highest crucible score - I wonder how that happened? :think:

NVranya

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Just had my first taste of PvP as well.
I can't believe how good I am! You know, if you consider that good guys always finish last :roll: :D

Also, It probably wasn't the smartest choice to play as warlock, I could use a bit more armor, so rolling a Titan now to see if that helps.