The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Destiny 2's Iron Banner reward system will be reworked

Discussion in 'Destiny' started by Martok, 23 Oct 2017.

Tags:
  1. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Martok-
    Bungie has token feedback onboard.

Bungie will rework the rewards system for future iterations of Destiny 2's Iron Banner event, following fan feedback.

[​IMG]

Iron Banner debuted in Destiny 2 earlier this month with several changes from Destiny 1. It no longer featured power advantages for players of a higher level. It also spat out random rewards using Destiny 2's blanket token reputation system, rather than letting users pick out specific items. People did not like this.

Over the weekend, Bungie addressed the issue during its TwitchCon 2017 panel (archived by D0cR3d on reddit).

During the session, Bungie admitted it had heard the feedback, and that Destiny 2's token economy was not always the best method of doling out rewards for everything.

Future Iron Banner events would let users exchange tokens and legendary shards for specific gear, Bungie announced. Iron Banner gear would also offer ornaments which require you to complete in-game objectives to unlock.

It sounds like we'll need to wait a little while for these changes, however. One more Iron Banner will be held in Destiny 2's Season 1, before Bungie refreshes the game for Season 2.

Seasons were Bungie's other big announcement of the livestream - quarterly periods which will see Destiny 2 change on a predictable schedule and introduce new features, sandbox tuning and other reasons to return.

[​IMG]

Season 2 will include Destiny's festive event The Dawning, which will introduce snowball fights and ice hockey in the game's social spaces.

The new season will also bring fresh gear to get from opening Bright Engrams, such as exotic ships, Sparrows, emotes and Ghosts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally, Season 2 will bring a reset to your Destiny clan level, and new perks to unlock.

December is expected to bring Destiny 2's first paid-for piece of DLC, themed around Mercury and Osiris. It's likely we'll see Season 2 sometime around then.

Source: Destiny 2's Iron Banner reward system will be reworked

zoob likes this.
  2. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I've already got an exotic sparrow. The Iron Banana token system is a bit pants, so glad they are revamping this. Having said that I did managed to get the full IB armour for my titan.

zoob and IamNumber6 like this.
  3. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I'm sure I dismantled more than a full set of IB armour......since it has literally no advantage over the armour I was running anyway.

Also good to know that a season isn't just that week....although it was still very easy to get the season rewards within a week.

I've got an exotic ship and it just looks like the other ships, rather disappointing really.....snowball fights should be fun though.

zoob likes this.
  4. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    But it looks cool! I infuse higher level stuff into my IB armour, 'cos I likes it so much.

ColSonders and zoob like this.
  5. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    That's me just leveled up all 3 characters to 20 now - 289, 283 & 274 respectively. Almost ready for a bit of hardcore action & actually holding my own in some of the Crucible stuff, so bring it on!
    (Though I still need to complete the story with the latter 2.)

ColSonders, Plaxinator and IamNumber6 like this.
  6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    You need to be completing your weekly milestones now mate, they will give you rewards that should help level you up.

I'm very close to 305 now with my main, 300 and 297 with my alts I think.....it's all about the Luminous Engram rewards.

zoob likes this.
  7. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I've purely been working on functionality at the moment....Once i'm 305 across the board i'll look at alternate armours.....I like being able to move quickly in the Crucibarbible though, I find that helps so I look for armour with resilience and mobility....I tend to use warlock so health regen isn't even a consideration cos i've got rift.

IamNumber6 and zoob like this.
  8. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    With regards to Nightfall, do you agree with this article?
    Destiny 2's best weapons: the guns to look for in PvE | PC Gamer

9. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I use Nameless Midnight out of those weapons......and that's only if I'm using Hunter or I was to use an exotic slot elsewhere...otherwise Mida Multi-Tool all the way, having your radar stay active while aiming down sights is in my opinion the single most useful perk in the game.

Merciless is also very good but takes some getting used to how to fire it fast.

I dislike Sweet Business, I don't feel it hits hard enough to justify it being an exotic.

It's all personal preference really though.....I feel between primary and secondary it's useful to have either a hand cannon or scout rifle for ranged precision shots and an autorifle or sidearm for up close...Last Hope and Uriels Gift are both great guns, Uriels gift never leaves my inventory and is one of the best guns for PvP too.

zoob likes this.
  10. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Thanks @ColSonders - I'm pretty much sold on MIDA & Uriel at present too (for my Hunter). Occasionally I'll switch out the MIDA if I have an appropriate helmet on (that gives either the persistent radar or at least target tracking through walls, v. handy) but not often.

Experimenting with other loadouts for the other characters though and actually quite enjoyed playing lower level characters in the Crucible and causing some surprise when catching out the old guard with the meta loadouts & higher power levels! :)

11. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    For Crucible I almost exclusively use a sword on my Power slot....being able to peek round corners with third person view is almost like cheating!!

I use Uriels Gift or Last Hope...the latter of which will out damage every other energy weapon in the game at close ranges, great in combination with the Mida.

As a Hunter I would suggest looking to use Nameless Midnight over Mida as you can keep your radar on the go via knucklehead radar and NM has explosive rounds and just feels so nice to use.

zoob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice