I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score

IamNumber6

It's not me, it's my brain!
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I keep getting distracted by the patrol zones, need to pull my finger out and finish the story mode at some point so I can get the MIDA.
I was a tad miffed over the server last night as well, 1 night I get free and can't get on :(

Should hopefully be on tonight as well

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
That's a good excuse to run off to the pub instead then :dance:
Who needs excuses? That's exactly what stopped our joint ascent yesterday! Hit 261 on Saturday night with my Hunter so started a warlock yesterday morning so I didn't overpower the lady's character. Reckon we'll be having a romantic evening on Destiny tonight after a meal - maybe not a raid though.

Also noticed @ColSonders has massively boosted his character over the weekend - think he was around 240 by close of play on Saturday. Not bad at all for a few days' play!

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob I'm currently level 265 and have just finished the main story.

The story and the levels are all fairly trivial, you can get a character to level 20 (max level) inside of 4 hours of play and from there it doesn't take a great deal of effort to bring your light level up....i'm told the light level increases will slow down at this point but we'll see.

Edit* And for reference I didn't bother saving things up until I was high level as was suggested by other people.....Anything that isn't exotic can be regained at a higher level anyway.

Last edited:

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
@zoob I'm currently level 265 and have just finished the main story.

The story and the levels are all fairly trivial, you can get a character to level 20 (max level) inside of 4 hours of play and from there it doesn't take a great deal of effort to bring your light level up....i'm told the light level increases will slow down at this point but we'll see.
Nice work sir.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
*Takes 225 Titan off to a corner to sulk*

zoob

I fight for the Users!
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
*Takes 225 Titan off to a corner to sulk*
PS feel free to join us later this evening (after 8pm as servers are undergoing maintenance) - it is our EGX anniversary, after all!

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
PS feel free to join us later this evening (after 8pm as servers are undergoing maintenance) - it is our EGX anniversary, after all!
I may do, I have a friend coming round later so depending what time they leave I might not be arsed, I was going to play last night but decided switching the PS4 on required too much effort

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
....i'm told the light level increases will slow down at this point but we'll see.
I find that leg+ engrams found in the field have a greater chance of providing higher light levels than those offered through reputation. All my blue drops are now 260-265 which seems to be the limit for them

ColSonders

A.W.O.L.
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
All my blue drops are now 260-265 which seems to be the limit for them
Yeah that's what i'm experiencing now too....that's ok though, getting to 260-265 light is very easy and probably achievable in a couple of long sessions from rank 1 if you go about it the right way.

What's the best way of getting drops in the field? Public Events and Lost Sectors?

IamNumber6

Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
What's the best way of getting drops in the field? Public Events and Lost Sectors?
A lot of the ones I dropped on Sunday came from a combination of the two. I find either Titan or IO are the best places due to their compact maps especially if you are going to run Publc Events.