The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

PS4 Destiny 2 Additional Quests

Discussion in 'Destiny' started by IamNumber6, 12 Sep 2017.

1. IamNumber6

IamNumber6 It's not me, it's my brain!
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    Sturm (Exotic Hand Cannon)
    Once again, completing the campaign is a prerequisite for getting your hands on Sturm.

With that out of the way, head to Nessus and start the mission O Captain (at Exodus Black, near Failsafe).

Make your way through it and you'll receive the sidearm Drang, and then receive a request to talk to Rahool. You'll have to bring him a number of Engrams--five Legendaries and one Exotic--and kill 10 Fallen on Nessus using Drang.

Rahool will then send you to Tyra Karn at the Farm, who will send you to Nessus to kill 10 Fallen without reloading (though it seems you can kill a few, reload, and then kill a few more to make progress).

After that, you'll have to 10 powerful Fallen on Nessus using Drang. Head back to Tyra and she'll send you to the Exodus Crash Strike on Nessus where you have to kill the Servitor named Kendriks-7.

Go back to Tyra, and Sturm is yours.

MIDA Multi-Tool (Scout Rifle)
    Again, you'll need to complete the campaign to qualify for this.

Work your way through the various missions available in the European Dead Zone, culminating in the mission titled Enhance, which will net you the MIDA Mini-Tool. (Take note that this step involving Enhance is currently bugged--make sure you have more than one Energy Weapon slot available when completing the quest.)

With that in hand, head to Banshee-44 at the Farm to receive a new mission: using a scout rifle, land 50 precisions shots and then get 25 multi-kills without reloading.

Go back to Banshee-44 for the next quest, which tasks you with dismantling five Rare (or better) scout rifles.

Returning to Banshee-44 will give you another quest, this time to rack up 50 kills while in mid-air with the MIDA Mini-Tool.

With that complete, see Banshee-44 for your new MIDA Multi-Tool.

Source (Gamespot)

#1 IamNumber6, 12 Sep 2017
    Last edited: 12 Sep 2017
    Pernarcale and zoob like this.
  2. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    How to unlock Flashpoints in Destiny 2 and earn Flashpoint rewards
    To unlock Flashpoints in Destiny 2, you don't have to complete the main story. All you need to do is get to level 15 and complete the 'Fury' quest of the main story.
    After that, several new types of activity will unlock, and Cayde will have a new quest available too, called Patrol.

Talk to him (he'll be in the Farm if you haven't finished the story yet), and complete that quest, and you'll then have the ability to do Patrols as an activity on various planets.
    You'll also unlock another Patrol quest from Cayde, where you're tasked with completing three Patrols for a reward.

When you've done that milestone, talk to Cayde again - either at The Farm or at that other social space you unlock after completing the story - and without much fanfare, Flashpoints will be unlocked. You can view the current Flashpoint from your Milestone's tab, with the first one taking place in the EDZ.

Source (Eurogamer)

3. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    Rat King (Exotic Hand Cannon)
    It starts with a quest on Titan, one of the blue missions that open up after you finish the story campaign. It’s called “Enemy of My Enemy,” and it’s not too hard. At the end, you’ll get something called “Rat King’s Crew” in one of your kinetic weapon slots. It’s got a riddle attached.

You need to complete these steps, in order, with at least one other person who has the quest:
    • Do three patrol missions on Titan
    • Do two public events on Titan
    • Do two Crucible matches together
    • Complete the Nightfall with at least 5:00 left on the clock
    If the first three steps are a piece of cake, the last step is a piece of rebar through the sternum.

Destiny 2 changes the formula for the Nightfall strike by introducing a timed element. Each enemy you kill adds some time back to the clock, but if the clock hits zero, you have to start all over. It’s not clear if every Nightfall will have a timer, but the next three will, at the very least.... Good luck

Source (Kotaku)

4. zoob

zoob I fight for the Users!
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
  5. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
  6. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    How many shards ??? :shock:

zoob likes this.
  7. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    What even are those?

8. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    Noticed over the weekend after finishing the story for the second time :brick: that the clan bonuses apply to all characters which is nice as I gained a very nice looking exotic pulse rifle (Vigilance Wing) for my warlock on Sunday night.

Also noticed that the list of exotics you are awarded about half way through the game is reduced with each character so if you pick one you didn't want at least you can grab one of the other ones later on with a different character.

zoob likes this.
  9. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I managed to actually finish the story and get to level 20 on my first character last night. My power lever is a whopping 216 so I've still got a bit of grinding to do before I'm raid ready!
    Picked up a few exotics along the way: Fighting lion (grenade launcher), Coldheart (which I think was a pre-order bonus), Graviton Lance (pulse rifle), and Sunshot (hand cannon). I've tried the Coldheart and it's weird. I like the Graviton Lance, but not tried any of the others.
    I've also put 4 blue scout rifles in my vault as people keep going on about a quest where you need to break 5 scouts down or something like that.

zoob, IamNumber6 and DrewePeacock like this.
  10. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    So far I've got Sunshot and Graviton Lance which you recieve half way through the story mode, Borealis (Sniper Rifle) which allows you to switch damage type when holding down the Square button :woot: and Coldheart from the pre-order.

I've picked up the Strum quest, just need an exotic engram to finish the first part of the quest. I've kept hold of the one you get when you finish the story/get to lvl 20 (not sure which one it was that awards you with it as I hit lvl 20 upon completion) on the 2nd character. I also picked up a quest for Legend of Acrius (Shotgun) which wants me to run the Leviathan which will be fun.

Plaxinator and zoob like this.
  11. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Nice work @IamNumber6 & @Plaxinator .
    Nowhere near that though I think we have opened all planets now. Level 11, power 117.

Plaxinator and IamNumber6 like this.
  12. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    Handy little tip.
    You don't need to wait until the end to get a sparrow for your 2nd and 3rd characters, simply store any excess sparrows in your vault and once they make it to the farm simply equip them to your other characters. :woot:

Also DIM now works with D2

zoob and Plaxinator like this.
  13. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    I was overjoyed when I got my first sparrow. All that running long distances with heavy gear on was not good for my aim.
    DIM has an android app as well which is quite useful. Don't think you can save load outs yet though.

IamNumber6 and zoob like this.
  14. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    At least all items in the inventory pane are shared across all characters which comes in handy when trying to increase your rep for the 2nd+ characters. Ooo more vault space for other junk.

zoob likes this.
  15. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Planning to be on tonight & tomorrow - want to nail the story / level 15 so we can open up the rest of the game then jump into some strikes and the like. Purely for the puppies, mind.

IamNumber6 likes this.
  16. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Level 13 & just unlocked all the strikes etc.
    Gonna do a bit more story though.

IamNumber6 likes this.
  17. zoob

Senior Citizen

PSN:
    zb100
    Decent session tonight - still not finished the story but did do the patrols, flashpoint & a couple of strikes. Wrapped up with level 20 characters, light 215 and 210 for Zenphorine and myself respectively. Not bad!

IamNumber6 likes this.
  18. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    I made a start last night on the 3rd character, still got loads to do across all the other characters

zoob likes this.
  19. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Blimmin Nora, I'm proper slacking. Only just got to level 20 on my first character!
    I obviously need to manage my time better.

zoob likes this.
  20. IamNumber6

PSN:
    IamNumber6
    I mainly slog it out on a Sunday to get each character up to Lvl 20/story complete stage. The most painly part of it all is getting through the first stage were you have no light/powers

zoob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice