• Welcome to Senior Gamers!

Senior Gamers [SNR] is a community for mature gamers aged 25+ years who primarily play on the PlayStation consoles.

We used this website from June 2012 until March 2020. Technology moved on during this time and we have now moved to Discord. If you are familiar with it already you'll know how quick and easy it is to use. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should!

You can browse this archived website to see what we posted over the years.

You can join us on Discord to see what we've posted more recently and to chat. Click on the link below to find us. We hope to see you there!

Senior Gamers Discord

Multi Crytek's Homefront 2 announced

DrewePeacock

May contain sarcasm
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Source.

Crytek and Deep Silver have announced they are to share publishing duties on new shooter Homefront: The Revolution.

The open-world sequel to 2011 shooter Homefront is due for release on PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2015.

It’s set in Philadelphia which has become a police state and “a near future dystopia where catastrophic events have brought the USA to its knees and enabled North Korean forces to impose a brutal military occupation”. The game promises “a living, breathing, open world responds to your actions”.

The kick is that the enemy enjoy superior tech and firepower, meaning players will have to rely on guerrilla warfare, ambush, infiltration and deception. Single player and co-op modes will feature.

It’s being developed at Crytek’s Nottingham studio – formerly known as Timesplitters, Second Sight and Haze creators Free Radical.

"Homefront: The Revolution stands out from the crowd by immersing players in a world where they'll feel emotionally compelled to fight for their freedom,” Crytek’s game director Hasit Zala said.

“We're very excited to work with Deep Silver and deliver an experience that underlines Crytek's commitment to quality whilst tapping into the huge potential we saw when we first acquired the Homefront IP."

Koch media CEO Klemens Kundratitz added: "Crytek has an outstanding track record of creating AAA action games. Homefront is a fascinating IP with huge global potential. With Crytek`s technical pedigree and Deep Silver´s publishing expertise we will take the IP to new heights."

UPDATE: And here's the first trailer:

Last edited:

Sportsvee

Has a Fan....
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call Haze a AAA title. Don't think Bloodfairy snd I even finished the 1st mission.

Spruijt

Real men wear clogs
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I liked the first Homefront, but it was a bit too scripted for my taste and expectation. I hope they'll make a PS3 version for the sequel.

Acegadgets

Not so serious gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I was hugely dissapointed with the multiplayer on the first Homefront although the single player was passable. I kept the first one for a fortnight. It'll take a lot to convince me that this is worth spending money on.