PS4 CronusMAX+

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hi,

as written here ( PS4 - Gran Turismo Sport ) I recently bought me a ChronusMAX+. If you are unfamiliar, you can use that USB-Stick to upgrade your input devices. Like shoot faster at Call of Duty, Autosprint,... Some would call that cheating and I guess that's what it is.

You can also use that thing to connect PS3 controllers onto your XBox One, Wii-Motes to the PS4 and other weird stuff.

But thats not what I bought it for. August 2011 I bought myself a shiny new Driving Force GT racing wheel for Gran Turismo 5 and later 6. Then GT Sports was announced and I was convinced all that rumours about most of the wheels (including mine) were not supported on the PS4 were BS.

And GT Sports came out. And it was not supported. After some research online, I found the ChronusMAX, a USB Stick you can use to cheat or use obscure controller combinations on your consoles - and to plug PS3 wheels into the PS4.

My price on the 23th December was 54,90€ and now it's up at 59,99€.
- https://www.amazon.de/Cronusmax-ps4-010064-V3-2015/dp/B013E2KD5M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514728083&sr=8-2&keywords=cronusmax
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/CronusMAX-Plus-Version-Gaming-Adapter/dp/B00T76ZGDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514728244&sr=8-1&keywords=cronusmax
At Amazon.co.uk it is currently on for £49,99 (where the heck is that pound sign on the German keyboard?)

So I gifted me one for christmas (plus a usb hub you need for that, too). And what could I tell you? It works like a charm. Today I played DriveClub VR with it. And GT Sports. Force feedback is working, too.

You can also use XBox wheels as I read, but i don't have one of these.

Disadvantages: You have quite a few cables hanging around. First the CronusMAX itself sticking out of the front of the PS4 (you may want an extension lead if you like your ports), then a compatible USB hub to "emulate" a PS4 controller and a spare PS4 controller.

Conclusion: I should have bought one earlier.... If you have a nice set of compatible wheels (List here: List of Compatible Controllers ), and a compatible USB Hub, then you may want to give it a try.

So, if you have some questions, just ask, as I was not quite sure what I would get and how and if that thing will work.

Manual is here btw: CronusMAX PLUS User Manual

And to shorten that wall of text especially for HERMAN_JELMET to one word: Works.

Last edited:

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found it easier to just sell my Logitech Driving ForceGT on ebay for nearly as much as I paid for it and then buy a G29 in the sale.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I found it easier to just sell my Logitech Driving ForceGT on ebay for nearly as much as I paid for it and then buy a G29 in the sale.
Also not a bad idea. Never thought of selling it on ebay. Never sold any stuff on ebay tbh. :)

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Also not a bad idea. Never thought of selling it on ebay. Never sold any stuff on ebay tbh. :)
It’s not always worth the hassle. You have 10% final value fees, they even take about 10% of the postage you get now. Then there’s the listing fee, and the paypal fee (not sur the %). I very rarely sell on ebay now

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
It’s not always worth the hassle. You have 10% final value fees, they even take about 10% of the postage you get now. Then there’s the listing fee, and the paypal fee (not sur the %). I very rarely sell on ebay now
Sounds like a real PITA. If they take so many fees, selling my DFGT and getting a wheel 200€ more expensive is not really worth it.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Sounds like a real PITA. If they take so many fees, selling my DFGT and getting a wheel 200€ more expensive is not really worth it.
Well you’ve already bought that thingy so you can use your DFGT so you can save yourself the ordeal!

ChrissPeacock

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
The same people also make a product called DriveHub which is designed solely for wheels and will allow multiple brand components to be connected simultaneously e.g. Logitech wheel with Thrustmaster pedals. It also does without the need for a usb hub though still requires a spare ds4 connected to bypass Sony’s usb security.

Not got one though was tempted. Always sceptical of “fixes” so thanks @Grooooog for the info. Are you aware of any lag creeping in?

NVranya

Oi! Who stole my pretty green letters?
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hm... interesting, since I've got a G27 and a Hori arcade thingy collecting dust I might get me one of these.
Thanks for the tip @Grooooog !

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Well you’ve already bought that thingy so you can use your DFGT so you can save yourself the ordeal!
Yes, that was one of reasons for that. Also that the price for the new wheels went through the roof.

The same people also make a product called DriveHub which is designed solely for wheels and will allow multiple brand components to be connected simultaneously e.g. Logitech wheel with Thrustmaster pedals. It also does without the need for a usb hub though still requires a spare ds4 connected to bypass Sony’s usb security.

Not got one though was tempted. Always sceptical of “fixes” so thanks @Grooooog for the info. Are you aware of any lag creeping in?
I took a look at the DriveHub, but it was not available at the Amazon. But as it is from the same guys, I suppose it is a plastic casing containing a CronusMax and a hub and loaded with the Weel Mode of the Chronus. Not sure how they manages that cross peripherial thing, but it is impressive.

Concerning the input lag, no, not really. I am not a die-hard racing sim player, so I also may not be aware of that. The graphics in-game have a slight lag to my wheel actions, but I think that was also the case when connecting it natively to the PS3. And by meaning lag, I mean split seconds, not more. I guess my reactions are slower than that "lag". If I find some time this week, I will compare that to GT5 and GT6.

You are welcome on the info, that's why I wrote that thread in the first place: thinking someone may find it interesting.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As you asked about the lag, ChrissPeacock, I put out a cheaply made video with terrible quality to show how less it is:

The clunky noises are me stepping on the paddles to show that lag.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Hm... interesting, since I've got a G27 and a Hori arcade thingy collecting dust I might get me one of these.
Thanks for the tip @Grooooog !
You are welcome. As long as I could help that post was worth it :)

If you all want me to test something before buying, just ask.

Plaxinator

Wino extraordinaire
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
As you asked about the lag, ChrissPeacock, I put out a cheaply made video with terrible quality to show how less it is:

The clunky noises are me stepping on the paddles to show that lag.
Looks like it works really well

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Cronusmax+ sounds like a penis enlargement cream.

Grooooog

Semi-Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Looks like it works really well
Oh yes it does. I did a capture of a whole race:
Fortunately you can also see the wheel on the footage of the webcam, so you can also compare that.

Cronusmax+ sounds like a penis enlargement cream.
Oh, didn't know that, but tell us more about your experiences with it... 8-)

HERMAN_JELMET

Meatbag
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Step 1. Squeeze generous handful of Cronusmax+ penis enlargement cream in the palm of your hand.
Step 2. Rub in said generous handful of Cronusmax+ penis enlargement into the penis until it enlarges.
Bish bash bosh, Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt.