The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Croeso

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Plaxinator, 1 Jul 2012.

1. Plaxinator

Plaxinator Wino extraordinaire
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Hello all. I've wandered over from Hope Gaming after seeing Martok's post.
    A bit about myself - My name is Jess and I'll be 33 next month :cry:
    I'm from an obscure part of North Wales, although I did wander down to Swansea for 3 years.

Obviously it goes without saying that one of my hobbies is gaming. To regurgitate my gaming history, I basically started off with a Commodore 16. I have fond memories of my dad taking over it playing "Cuthbert Enters the Tomb of Doom" whilst we gave him extra hot fireball gobstoppers to try and put him off.

When the new Commodore 64 (C64C) came out this replaced the C16. I still have my C64, although the last time I took it out the box the sound didn't seem to be working. My favourite games were the Dizzy games, most notably "Treasure Island Dizzy".

After the C64 came the Sega Master System. My proudest achievement was playing Sonic the Hedgehog in one sitting without loosing a single life. Alas, the Sega fell victim to a broken relationship and I inadvertently left it behind when I left my boyfriend at the time. Kick myself about that to this very day (leaving the Sega not the fella lol).

I seemed to miss the PS1 era with a combination of just playing the C64 or nothing at all. When I was at University I turned into a bit of a PC gamer. Used to love the likes of Discworld, Simon the Sorcerer and Broken Sword. After Uni I still played PC games but seemed to turn my hand to FPS, Medal of Honor in particular.

This console gap persisted until around 2002 when I decided to treat myself one birthday to a PS2. Favourite games on that were the likes of Gran Turismo 4, Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Max Payne 2. I never connected the PS2 up to the net and seemed to not play it for months at a time.

In 2008, as another birthday treat to myself I bought a PS3. Again I didn't really play on it much. It wasn't until around 2009 when I decided to get a wireless router that I actually hooked up the PS3 to the net. Then I discovered they had introduced trophy support to games and multiplayer gaming was awesome. The rest as they say is history.
    I think the internet has really revolutionised the gaming industry. I think I have more "online" friends than I do real life ones :lol:
    I think if I hadn't of hooked up my PS3 to the net I'd have eventually become another lost gamer.

Fast forward to today and I own a PS3, Xbox, PSP and Vita along with a pretty decent mid range gaming PC - I also have Steam (Current obsession being Civ 5, Sims and Plants v Zombies).
    My favourite PS3 game of all time has to be Battlefield Bad Company 2. I also love BF3 but I think it has gone a bit CODesque. Having said that I currently play BF3 an awful lot. I'm in a clan on PS3T (what can I say, the hope girlies are all obsessed with COD).

I do of course have other hobbies besides gaming. I'm a cyclist. I'm a member of the CTC and besides the commute to work on the bike I've done the odd tour. Last one (well last big one, cycling to Bala camping in the pissing rain doesn't count lol) was spending 3 weeks cycle touring Guatemala and Belize. That was fantastic. I own a Dawes Ultra Galaxy, Boardman Road and a Carrera Vulcan (well it started off as that I've made various changes to it).

I think I've prattled on enough for now, I've practically written an essay. See you all around!

2. Wilks

Wilks Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Wilks
    Hi Plaxi and wow what an intro that was. :D We've played BF3 on PS3 a few times but I see from Battlelog you're playing on Xbox also. I find it hard to find time to play on one console never mind two. :lol:

Anyway, Nice to see you and hopefully catch you online soon.

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Hi Jess nice to meet you. We're hoping to get a game of Burnout going with you guys soon, so watch this space!!

Ive still kept my PSP despite owning a Vita too. Even now it still looks and feels pretty cool, and I would never part with it. Ive sold my entire PS2 collection (bar some Singstar discs which can be used on the PS3), and even all my PS1 games too. I only did it because I got a really good price for the lot, and as the missus kept saying to me "when are you EVER going to play any of these again, when you havent played some of your PS3 games?". Shes got a point, and I did replace some of my PS2 games with PS3 HD collections, now with added trophies. So in your face wifey, now I do play these old games again!! :lol:

And you're right; the internet has brought a whole new gaming experience. Some games AI is incredible, but theres nothing like playing against a fellow human for a battle of cunning wits. Plus its more satisfying in beating people than AI!! :thumbup:

Anyway, nice to meet you Jess :wave: , and looking forward to our little match.

4. Jenxy_

Jenxy_ Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Hola plaxi nice to meet you :D

Obsessed with COD eh, I think you'll find its a healthy interest, lol :D

5. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    OBSESSED in capital letters lol. Have I met you before? :lol:

6. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Welcome to the new place, Jess. A great first name BTW, the same as my 11 year old daughter. :D

I must say that's a top registration post, lots of detail and no txt spk, just what us oldies around here like to see. :thumbup:

I've just mentioned to Halo (who is sat beside me watching Countryfile) that you're a cyclist and her eyes lit up! She's a bit of a cycle nut herself. I'm less so but will tag along on some of the rides that she does with the Cycle Chat community that we're part of. I've got a Specialized Secteur Elite (2010) and she's got a Specialized Secteur Sport (2009). We've done a few 100+ miles rides (not so many for me, Halo did one a month last year). Anyway, I'm sure she'll be along soon to talk about cogs and hubs and stuff ;)

Feel free to add me on PSN (Martok- and yes that's a dash at the end) and I'll catch you on BF3 seeing as the other Hope girlies are stuck on the 2nd best respawn shooter. ;) :)

7. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    OMG, I'm on Cycle Chat too lol. Small world.

8. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I have a BMX

9. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Really? Who are you on there? Funnily enough on there we're Martok and HaloJ. :D

10. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Plax

I'm already stalking you both on there :D

11. SHROUD

SHROUD Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Shroud
    Another Welshman, our ranks grow daily :D .

12. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Well, I wouldn't exactly call myself a man............

13. Plaxinator

PSN:
    Plaxinator
    Are you a Danny MacAskill in training?

14. Dogstar

Dogstar Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Dogstar
    Hey Plax,

Great intro post. I'm just reading up on the forums and have a fair ways to go. I don't have BF3 anymore but maybe see you online in something else. When I get the chance I may pop over to Hope Gaming to say hello! :)

15. Jenxy_

Jenxy_ Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Jenxy_
    Um plaxi I repeat healthy interest not obsession. I can often, well sometimes, ok very rarely be found on other games.

Anyways your one to talk miss one trick bf3 pony :D

Yes you do know me, im the one that stalks you around the internet, see I even found you here :D

16. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    More like Ian Mcgaskill :D

17. Martok

Martok Board Game Addict

PSN:
    Martok-
    Now that we've got each other on our Friends Lists, are you around tonight for some BF3? If so I'll jump on to play a few games with you, then we can officially Ally you. :)

18. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I'll be on tonight :) double XP

19. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    Hi Croeso. I dont do much cycling now, but i like cyclists, especially those that wear all the bright tight lycra stuff, use the cycle paths always have lights on at night and never go through red lights.
    I might be on battlefield later, Its taken almost a whole day to get the latest update. First two attempts crashed and the third took 2 hours but did get there in the end.

20. roger947

roger947 Semi-Regular Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    rogerjones947
    Well that just about rules out every cyclist in the country ace :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice