Crap games

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Last night after Dirt Showdown I decided to try a couple of the free PS+ games I had downloaded. I started with Crysis 2 which I enjoyed, then I tried Mortal Kombat and Battle for middle earth. Within 10 mins of playing them I deleted them. Mortal Combat you jump at a rate of 1 million mph but you walk so slow you may as well stand still, and you have to be so close to the enemy to hit them it's as if your going to try and kiss them. Give me soulcaliber or street fighter any day of the week MK is just shockingly bad. Lord of the rings battle for middle earth, I just finished the training and thought the game was slow I would never finish it. The combat, magic etc was click this while doing this bit not while doing that :-\

I'm glad these were free as I would never have wasted my money on tripe that bad.

Anyone else had an experience like this with any past games? I still feel sick for anyone who bought MK it was just that bad.

Slaine

Serious Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Far too many to list. Enchanted Arms rates as one of my most embarrassing purchases ever. Theres a gay guy in it who is so ridiculously over-the-top & camp its laughable and insulting. The story is typical jap crap, and this game is the reason I no longer by jap rpgs at all. They are utter shit when compared to the Fallouts, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc. Anyway, check out a video below of why this character is an insult to anyone who is gay.

Worst game I ever played was Dead or Alive Extreme, which my son bought much to my amusement. I made the mistake of playing it, which meant it stayed on my gamercard for ages until Microsoft released a patch allowing us to delete any game with zero gamerscore from our profiles (and thank god I hadnt earned anything). It wasnt a fighting game, instead a mish mash of very very poor mini games (jet skiing for instance) with cheap titillation thrown in at every opportunity. Honestly, Im not doing my slating a justice as it was fantastically bad, and I couldnt stop laughing for ages at my son at buying it. Check out the vid below if you dont believe me.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I notice a lot of dead or alive games being very bikini filled lol. That camp guy is an insult to People of all sexual orientation. They must have said let's find the worst voice actor we can find... Hey cleaner come here you will do, please say these lines and sound camp :D

Martok

Board Game Addict
Staff member
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
I've just started to wade through some of the backlog of PS Plus games and have added a few to the delete pile. So far these are:

• Kyntt Underground - platformer game that could be OK but the character moves too quickly and it's fiddly to jump and stay on a platform
  • Battle for Middle Earth - nothing special, isometic hack and slash game
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North - an RPG that looks poor in comparison to Skyrim
  • Quantum Conundrum - similar in its premise to Portal but using 'dimensions' (fluffy, heavy etc) that you swap between to solve problems. Voiced by John de Lancie (Q from Star Trek: TNG) and had promise but let down by its controls - after falling off platforms several times because of its sensitivity, this got binned
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie - take Joe through various stunt scenes in a movie to score points. Could have been OK I suppose but I've got far better games that I would rather play than this
  • Dead or Alive 5 - I was tempted to look at this to see various wobbly bits but in the end I really couldn't be bothered as again I've got far better games to play
  • Vanquish - possibly one of the worst FPS/TPS shooters I've ever played
  • Saints Row 2 - an appalling GTA clone
Next on my list to try to see if they are players or binners are:
  • Limbo
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Cave
Don't take this as a reflection of the PS Plus service. I have played some good games through this, including:
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Crysis 2
  • F1 Race Stars
  • Infamous 2
  • Dead Space 2
plus some games that were OK to play (though I wouldn't classify as good:
  • Bulletstorm
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  • Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
I've also got some others lined up that I know I will like:
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Okami HD
  • God of War HD

SHROUD

Regular Gamer
Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Have to agree on Battle for Middle Earth. I was most disappointed. I couldn't get on with Trine either if I'm honest.

Jkrohn1

5P4M 80T
Senior Citizen
Donator
Reaction score
Strange I see a lot of comments around the web saying Vanquish was crap but I enjoy it. Anyone else like it?