The Board Game Hut - Great Games Supported By Great Service
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Senior Gamers!

We are a community for mature gamers who primarily play online games on PlayStation consoles (PS4, PS3, PS Vita). You can find out more in our About Us section.

If you are new to the site, why not register? By doing so and being an active member you can view the site without adverts, make posts and more. You can register here and even do so using Facebook, Twitter or Google+!

Multi Counter Strike Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Shooting & Action Adventure' started by Buckaroo, 19 Aug 2012.

1. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    At a glance I couldn't see anything on the forums for this but I recon this could be a sweet little game.

Some 360 mp there. I used to staff on EUeS when I was still compet, there's a lot of CS:GO info http://euesports.com/forum/index.php?forums/counter-strike-global-offensive.177/

I believe Valve are in bed with Sony for this one so it bodes well for patches/dlc.
    Personally I'm pretty excited about this game, cheap like £10-£15 off the store and basic compet gameplay(who says I miss Socom).

Any of you guys planning on getting this?

2. HERMAN_JELMET

HERMAN_JELMET Meatbag
    Staff Member Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HERMAN_JELMET
    I know CS has a huge following but I'm not sure It can compete with BF3 as a FPS.

3. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Counter Strike has a fantastic pedigree. Would you believe Ive never even played it ever!!! :o :shock:

I'll see what the take up over here is like before I decide. I'm very sceptical of online only games, as communities move on so quick these days (with the exception of a few). I'd hate to turn it on 3 months later to find no bugger is playing it anymore. :(

Still, I bought SOCOM Confrontation, and if its as good as that then I probably will. Im currently spamming BF3 at the moment. I rekindled my love for it, so Im trying to work the the assignments at the mo, but Ive always got time for other games.

Its a shame the Left For Dead series isnt coming to the PS3. I'm forced to play with the public on the 360, which on the whole is ok, but I'd rather play with a game full of Seniors.

4. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    Yeah I get what you mean, it's no stunner and pretty limited in what it is, that said the reports I'm hearing are its a very pure shooter. No fancy stuff just 5v5 best aim and tictacs win. I like the idea of rolling with a pistol to save up the the killer weapon that smashes the other team when the time is right.

A bit of a shame there's no dedicated Euro ladder system.

5. Acegadgets

Acegadgets Not so serious gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Acegadgets
    I never played the first one and to be honest the next one dosent really do it for me, even if it is a lower priced game. I think medal of honour warfighter is a better option for me and worth spending the extra money on.

6. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I've only ever played counter strike on laptop to see if the machine could handle any form of gaming.

It seems quite like a trimmed down version of Socom...more in line with the first Socom title (unsurprising really given that Socom was basically ripped off from counter strike).

I doubt i'll get this one, already struggling to find the time to play many games outside of BF3 and I'm not sure I like the whole point system where you get rewarded for being a better player by being allowed to use better weapons, that's a ****ing atrocious system that shouldn't be allowed. I'm not really sure how it works in this game but I know everyone said that cheapy FPS that supported Move was basically a rip of how Counter Strike worked and I didn't like that system at all.

7. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    I used to play the original Counter Strike on PC from the half life mod to the steam release, but never got source, I was on to consoles by then.

The footage there looks very static with no real recoil like in other games and the graphics font look that good :-\

Might try it but it's not on my list.

8. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    I'll get it for a look hoping it sparks my gaming fun bone like, I'll let you know what I think. My hope is its got that old socom feel, will be weird playing non respawn again, I've missed that.

9. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Have you seen the achievements for this? Im guessing the trophies will be the same. Some of these are going to nigh impossible to get.

God of War - Kill 10,000 Enemies
    Awardist - Earn 100 awards
    Points in Your Favor - Inflict 2,500 total points of damage to enemies
    War Bonds - Earn $50,000 total cash
    Rampage! - Win an Arms Race match without dying
    Battle Sight Zero - Kill 250 enemies with headshots
    Clean Sweep - Kill the entire opposing team without any members of your team taking any damage
    Repeat Offender - Dominate an enemy
    Expert Marksman - Get a kill with every weapon
    Magic Bullet - Kill an enemy with the last bullet in your magazine (excluding sniper rifles and Zeus x27)
    First Things First - Personally kill the entire Terrorist team before the bomb is planted in Online Demolition Mode
    King of the Kill - Play 5,000 matches of Arms Race or Demolition mode

My son played Gears Of War 2 religously for 2 years and only managed to play 4,553 matches, so I really cant see anyone getting the 5,000 match one. Ive been played BF3 for 32 hours and have only managed to get 2,458 kills, so how on earth is anyone going to get 10,000 for an online only shooter. Does bug me when they create these virtually unobtainable grinding achievements/trophies. :rant:

10. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    I have 300 hours on BF3 and over 16,000 kills. That's not really an issue at all.

To be honest the 5,000 matches is a little over the top, but i've netter 1,300 on battlefield, which are no doubt considerably longer matches, so perhaps not THAT bad.

Killing the whole other team personally is ridiculous though, as is wiping out the entire other team without your team taking any damage. Those are probably only obtainable by maybe 1% of players.

So that's me certainly not buying this game.

11. HaloJ

HaloJ Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    HaloJ
    Personally I'm not that big a fan of Counter Strike. I played Socom 3 to death back in it's day but missed out on the s1/2 hoohar. Big fan of the Rainbow 6 Vegas series. Although I'm not sure what the next R6 single player will be like. Could be a let down with all the quicktime events seen so far. Let's hope they get the multiplayer right.

12. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Most games have quicktime events in then these days they add to the story ;) R6 has been pre ordered :)

Wtf its only $15 erm think I'll get this now :O

13. yinkin

yinkin Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    yinkin
    Hmmm not sure about this, played CS on the old xbox, its a bit crazy. LIke Halo I enjoyed the R6 series, but Ubi seem obsessed by adding to many gadgets and gizmos to their games. CS may well be too twitch for me to handle these days.

14. Slaine

Slaine Serious Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    Torquemada
    Well Ive had a good go on the 360 and its not all that. Its SOCOM, but with poorer graphics. Gameplay is solid enough, but its so unforgiving as a game. Bearing in mind its just come out I got my arse handed to me constantly. The control scheme is just absolute pants, but I guess you can customise (I didnt bother looking). But the whole graphics and UI just looks very dated.

Dig out SOCOM Confrontation. Its cheaper, looks nicer, and at least you should get a kill or two.

15. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    Xbox version is notably shit, ps3 version is 10x the game. The guys I know playing it are raving about it. It's a must buy for me. Control schemes are fully customisable as well.

16. ColSonders

ColSonders A.W.O.L.
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    ColSonders
    Surely there's no big differences between the two.

I'm sure your mates are fans of the earlier games, hence loving it, but I suspect this game is one for the hardcore fans only.

17. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    All versions are the same and there's talk of multi platform cross play too. I'm a fan of CS 1.6 and will be getting it. It's only £15 :)

18. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74
    Granted this is coming from compet players but for most of them it's there first game away from CoD so you could expect them to hate it as the skill-cap is huge compared to that of CoD.
    Xbox Vs. PS3 they are saying is the reverse of BlOps, I.e the Xbox version of that game ran so much better on that console than the CNXN driven PS3 version.

I do agree this game will be best played with a regular team, not sure I'd say it's hardcore though.

19. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Casual Gamer
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    BUCKAROO74

Cross platform has been dropped I believe. Yes they are the same game but it's running great on ps3 whilst Xbox its running like a week old turd.

Only problems so far on this game is no LAN option and lack of private lobbies, hopefully patchable.
    Edit: some are reporting hit reg probs but because they are not used to having to earn kills(CoD fgts) they are not sure if it's hit reg of bad aiming/bullet spread. Pc has a crosshairs patch to better reflect bullet spread so should be an easy fix for PS3.
    Other problem of note is there is no way to tell if someone is using m/k. Hopefully patchable by a badge or whatever.

20. Jkrohn1

Jkrohn1 5P4M 80T
    Senior Citizen

PSN:
    JKrohn1
    Wait is it available on psn? I've been on my 360 all day and let's just say I had a lost time incident :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice